Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:23 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

This is the guy that said half his family is here illegally and that his family uses fake papers

--
LOS ANGELES >> Kevin de León launched his campaign for the U.S. Senate on Wednesday in Los Angeles with a vow to fight the Trump administration harder than Sen. Dianne Feinstein has done.

Although de León never mentioned the five-term incumbent by name, his message that Feinstein has been too restrained in opposing President Trump was clear from statements like: “California needs a senator who will stand up and be heard.”

De León launches run against Feinstein: ‘No time to be patient’ – Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 06:05 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Let the games begin this should be interesting!! The incumbent with one foot in the grave but stacks of money and nor Cal loves her. The challenger with one foot over the border. No one I know likes him but immigrants do it seems. Not much money and a big toxic mouth. This is a lose lose election to me and hope someone anyone else runs

Old 10-18-2017, 06:11 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
Sounds like the Democratic party in California is moving to the left. It seems like the national platform is emulating the California Democratic and move further and further to the left.

Bragging about half of one's family at one time an illegal immigrant wouldn't be something that Democrats would want to advertise on national television.

I think if 2018 is another Republican landslide, the Democrats will move to the right.

For some reason if the status quo continues, I don't see much changing at the national stage.

Wasn't Feinstein more of a moderate Democrat before the party swung to the far-left and she went left with them.

Isn't good just to continue with Feinstein as she has been in the senate a long time. She would be better at bringing home the bacon as opposed to DeLeon.

DeLeon is so far to the left. I wonder how effective he would be in his own party? If the Democrats start seeing the light and become more moderate, the party would drift away from his opinion.

Seems as though Feinstein at least can play a moderate when she needs to when she wants something.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is the guy that said half his family is here illegally and that his family uses fake papers

--
LOS ANGELES >> Kevin de León launched his campaign for the U.S. Senate on Wednesday in Los Angeles with a vow to fight the Trump administration harder than Sen. Dianne Feinstein has done.

Although de León never mentioned the five-term incumbent by name, his message that Feinstein has been too restrained in opposing President Trump was clear from statements like: “California needs a senator who will stand up and be heard.”

De León launches run against Feinstein: ‘No time to be patient’ – Daily News
Def time for ICE to go after DeLeon's illegal alien family.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:38 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Can an US Senator get paid if they can't pass e-verify?

Old 10-18-2017, 06:45 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
State Senator: ‘Half My Family’ Eligible For Deportation Under Trump « CBS Los Angeles

Old 10-18-2017, 07:07 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times

And he's proud of it. Sounds like a perfect representative for 21st century California, he'll probably win in a landslide even discounting the dead and illegals who will cast votes for him.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
The Democratic party can use some fresh blood and some challenge from within. Heck, look what a little internal opposition did for the Republicans!

I have no probs at all with anyone who wants to challenge an incumbent. It's good for our system, and I think every single incumbent needs a strong challenge every election.

That's the way a democracy stays healthy.

If the guy doesn't qualify, he can't run. Since the voters will elect him alone, not his entire family, that's for the voters to decide how important their legal status is or not, or whether it applies to him.

Since I won't be voting for either of them because I don't live there, it's no skin off my nose what his relative's status may be.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:56 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
His name is Leon but changed it to De Leon to sound more Latino, like ex mayor of LA Antonio Villaraigosa, whose real name is Tony Villar. Only clowns ever run for office in California. Remember Schwartzenegger?

Old 10-18-2017, 11:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
I hope he doesn't win - he would be considerably worse than Feinstein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies