Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:19 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,853,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Link...never heard of this...

Quote:
President Trump, in a personal phone call to a grieving military father, offered him $25,000 and said he would direct his staff to establish an online fundraiser for the family, but neither happened, the father said.

Chris Baldridge, the father of Army Sgt. Dillon Baldridge, said that Trump called him at his home in Zebulon, N.C., a few weeks after his 22-year-old son and two fellow soldiers were fatally shot by an Afghan police officer on June 10. Their phone conversation lasted about 15 minutes, Baldridge said, and centered for a time on the father’s struggle with the manner in which his son was killed — shot by someone he was training.

“I said, ‘Me and my wife would rather our son died in trench warfare,’ ” Baldridge said. “I feel like he got murdered over there.”

Trump’s offer of $25,000 adds a dimension to his relationships with Gold Star families, and the disclosure follows questions about how often the president has called or written to the parents or spouses of those killed.
Quote:
In his call with Trump, Baldridge, a construction worker, expressed frustration with the military’s survivor benefits program. Because his ex-wife was listed as their son’s beneficiary, she was expected to receive the Pentagon’s $100,000 death gratuity — even though “I can barely rub two nickels together,” he told Trump.

The president’s response shocked him.

“He said, ‘I’m going to write you a check out of my personal account for $25,000,’ and I was just floored,” Baldridge said. “I could not believe he was saying that, and I wish I had it recorded because the man did say this. He said, ‘No other president has ever done something like this,’ but he said, ‘I’m going to do it.’ ”
Quote:
Baldridge said that after the president made his $25,000 offer, he joked with Trump that he would bail him out if he got arrested for helping. The White House has done nothing else other than send a condolence letter from Trump, the father said.

“I opened it up and read it, and I was hoping to see a check in there, to be honest,” the father said. “I know it was kind of far-fetched thinking. But I was like, ‘Damn, no check.’ Just a letter saying ‘I’m sorry.’ ”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.e9098472da0a

The check has since been sent, so far as I know. So it's all good as far as I'm concerned, but dug up the story since you asked for a link.

To be fair though, from the same article...

Quote:
It took 18 months for President Barack Obama to fulfill a similar promise made to the family of Kayla Mueller, who was killed in 2015 while she was held captive by the Islamic State in Syria. Obama’s undisclosed sum, for a charity set up in Mueller’s name, arrived only after a report by ABC News called attention to what the president later described as an oversight.

*shrug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 06:26 AM

46,334 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Benghazi: add’l funding for security was requested and denied by Republicans.

You should really do some research prior to posting, even WAPO does not believe what you say...

"May 16, 2013: Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) suggested there was not enough security in Benghazi because Republicans had cut the budget for embassy security funding. But this claim was not credible and highly partisan. Democrats had also short-changed the State Department budget (compared to presidential requests), but funding for embassy security generally had increased significantly in recent years."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.99cd651f0f82

Quote:
Silence?? From the POTUS to the American people when 4 soldiers are killed? Not even a single word of recognition? That’s uncaring at its best...

Please, did Obama or even bush call every single person....all 2500 dead Soldiers under Obama....

Quote:
The truth about Trump’s debacle of a condolence call has been posted over and over. I’m still waiting on Trump’s proof...

No, words that the left cannot substantiate have been posted, not a single thing has been proven...but that's the way the left rolls....throw crap and see what sticks...

Quote:
Trump’s $25K buyout: Google

No, prove your point....It's not my job to prove anything you say...

Old 10-19-2017, 06:35 AM

46,334 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.e9098472da0a

The check has since been sent, so far as I know. So it's all good as far as I'm concerned, but dug up the story since you asked for a link.

To be fair though, from the same article...

*shrug*

Well, he should have sent it....however, that 100K is supposed to be in their bank within a few days, then the other life insurance follows....

Old 10-19-2017, 06:40 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,804,175 times
It all comes down to a Trump hater and other haters who don't want to admit that this President, regardless if you like him or not, supports the military!

Old 10-19-2017, 07:27 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,553,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It all comes down to a Trump hater and other haters who don't want to admit that this President, regardless if you like him or not, supports the military!
Except he’s proven just the opposite. He cares for no one other than himself. He also has proven that he doesn’t care when soldiers are killed, this latest incident with these four soldiers proves that he does not care about our soldiers.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:47 AM

2,828 posts, read 827,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Well then it makes it okay for Trump to saY inappropriate things. Thanks for clearing that up -- because the best defense against someone accused of being inappropriate is to prove somebody else is inappropriate. Works every time right?
You mean like Obama blamed Bush?

Old 10-19-2017, 02:39 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,855,583 times
Quote:
Lol, I literally just heard that Fox started trying to discredit her.

Right on time, comrade BB.

Trump sucks, and he’s a failure. Trump’s failed leadership got 4 soldiers killed. No amount of smear will change that.

What a load of guano.

FOX didn't have to discredit that cow; she did it all by herself. Starting with yet another private conversation "overheard," and well-embroidered, by a Democrat. That IS how they roll, after all.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:47 PM

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
She seriously sounds like a drama queen.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:38 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,804,175 times
Wilson is really the lowest of the lowest. General
Kelly said it the best.

What an amazing speech!

Old 10-19-2017, 08:53 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,152,699 times
Default John Kelly and Being Stunned

John kelly who I think is a good man is now in danger of becoming just another political operative and Donny sycophant. His remark about being stunned by the congresswoman's reaction about the fat man's conversation with the fallen soldier's wife, was nothing more than damage control for his crude,clumsy and ill informed boss.

I wonder if he was stunned when Donny went to the CIA and stood in front of the wall of stars for fallen CIA officers, and stupidly complained about the media not accurately reporting the inaugural crowd size?

Was he stunned when the fat man gave moral equivalency to the Nazis in Charlottesville(blame on both sides)who were running down and killing people in cars and clubbing others with baseball bats?

Was he stunned by the fat man's claim of being able to grab women by the P***y because he is a star?

Was he stunned by the fat man asking for citizenship proof and Harvard grades from BO?

Give me a break Kelly on your being stunned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies