Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 02:43 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You can high five your buddies here all you want. Nothing changed the fact that Trump did not try to insult the family, he tried to do the right thing.
I think Trump tried to make the call and did his best. He may have sounded less than sympathetic, but he is Trump after all.

But when he got called out on it, why did he have to double down and say he didn't say it? He could have just ignored it, or he could have said, "that's not my strong suit and I'm sorry if it came across as unfeeling. I'm very, very sorry for the loss of all these young men."

End of story. But no--he has to defend himself and lie and create furor and chaos wherever he goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 02:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I just heard the recording the widow just released and nothing but heartfelt and pleasant from our President. Such dirty, low class tricks from these subhuman democrats.
Just because Trump did a half-way decent call to DeAlanai's widow doesn't mean he did a half-way decent call to Johnson's widow. Or are you suggesting he was reading a script and both calls were identical?

Old 10-20-2017, 02:47 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's impossible for me to understand why you think this should have happened.

I'm picturing women, in shock, crying and numb on their way to the airport to do something no wife should ever have to do. As I understand it, the congresswoman is a friend of the family. You think she should have tapped the widow on the shoulder and said, "tell him I'm here," or said loudly from the back seat, "Staff person, I'm here too and I'm a congresswoman?" Really?

And what difference would it have made? Kelly would not have been shocked to learn she was there? Would Trump have said anything different to the widow?

For the record, I think Trump is a dolt who lacks empathy and didn't know what to say. In fact, Kelly said he told him what to say, which Trump apparently did say, albeit in an inartful manner, and then lied and said he didn't say it.

Why you're caught up in the protocol of the speaker phone is a mystery to me.
Likely, because it's all she's got to defend her guy with.

Though why it makes any difference who was listening in and who wasn't is somewhat of a mystery.

Would Trump have been able to pull any compassion together had he known Wilson was listening?

Old 10-20-2017, 02:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's impossible for me to understand why you think this should have happened.

I'm picturing women, in shock, crying and numb on their way to the airport to do something no wife should ever have to do. As I understand it, the congresswoman is a friend of the family. You think she should have tapped the widow on the shoulder and said, "tell him I'm here," or said loudly from the back seat, "Staff person, I'm here too and I'm a congresswoman?" Really?

And what difference would it have made? Kelly would not have been shocked to learn she was there? Would Trump have said anything different to the widow?

For the record, I think Trump is a dolt who lacks empathy and didn't know what to say. In fact, Kelly said he told him what to say, which Trump apparently did say, albeit in an inartful manner, and then lied and said he didn't say it.

Why you're caught up in the protocol of the speaker phone is a mystery to me.
Clearly. Don't tax your brain any more trying to understand why manners are important in a civilized society.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:52 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Uh oh, Wilson is probably the biggest racist in Congress, maybe even a bigger racist than Maxine Waters and that's hard to do.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
He almost definitely didn't do the research himself. His staff failed him. Someone needs to get fired.

These are the hazards of the job though, especially with this White House. There are a lot of inexperienced folks in there who keep dropping the ball on this kind of stuff.... and a crap ton of leakers. It's a mess.
And theres a lot of them that do not understand that "the buck stops here". Kelly needs to step up and act like a leader, not just another weasel.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:55 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Clearly. Don't tax your brain any more trying to understand why manners are important in a civilized society.
While we're discussing manners, you might try responding the issue at hand rather than insulting me.

And no Trump supporter can claim any high ground when it comes to manners in a civilized society because Trump has none but you love him anyway.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:56 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
Context is key - you are only focusing on her appearance and fashion choices because you cannot refute the validity of her statements. Both Trump and Kelly lied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Uh-Oh............. NOW we can't talk about appearance? NOW!? After Democrats have termed "Fat Boy"..."The Orange Man"...."tRump".... and after about 10,000 hair jokes and hand size jokes? Now you want all Republicans to focus on policy?! YOU!!??

WOW!

Old 10-20-2017, 03:03 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Finally! a definition that makes sense.
You pound on a bunch of barrels, and if one is empty it will sound like a drum. That exemplifies Wilson.
I hope she is reelected and I hope she continues to dress like a clown and pound out her message. Her district went for Hillary 85% to 15%, so there is no hope for the GOP taking the district.

The next best thing for the GOP is to hope that she stays where she is and on TV.
Reasonable people can see what she is, and she will never have any real power.

MAGA
I feel sorry for the rest of the people of Miami. If she keeps it up, people will stop spending their money in the city. It is a tourist destination and they count on those dollars. People don't want to visit areas of the country where there are such idiots running things.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
ms wilson chose to make it political. trump was trying, in a bumbling way, to offer his condolences to the bereaved family. trump was right that the man made his choices, and knew what he was getting into when he signed up for the military, and further applied to and won the green beret.

trump may not be the most empathetic of people, but it doesnt mean he doesnt honor what the men and women of the military, and first responders do to serve the country.

it is sad that some just have to make things political in nature, and excoriate trump and others for at least trying to ease the pain of losing loved ones.

ms wilson could have told the family that trump was being clumsy in trying to let them know that he was expressing his condolences, but she didnt. she made it political, and for that she deserves to lose her next election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies