Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 01:17 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Trump is a complete joke, but I will vote for him again.
I probably will, too.

Trump is not a "complete joke". He's reversed so many of Obama EOs. The economy, jobs, and stock market are booming. Trump loves America, unlike Obama who wanted America to be Western Europe which is experiencing Muslim attacks almost daily because of liberal immigration policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 01:49 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Quote:
Yea, Trump is a complete joke as far as accomplishing anything major as president. I doubt there will be any meaningful tax reform, health care reform, entitlement reform, ending of stupid wars, etc.

But ... Who else was there to vote for? Hillary? Marco Rubio? They are perhaps more predictable since they are mainstream Rs/Ds, but it's not like they would get anything meaningful done.

Bernie Sanders? Complete clown. I'm surprised his followers are dumb enough to take his act seriously and believe in his voodoo economics.

How about stalwart on the opposite side of the spectrum, such as Ron Paul? It wouldn't matter if he was president, because Congress could override his veto on anything. Same thing if Bernie Sanders was relected. The Rs and Ds are basically the same party and 2/3 of them will vote to keep borrowing (i.e. printing) money to transfer to the military-industrial complex, lawyer-industrial complex, welfare-industrial complex, accounting-industrial complex, prison-industrial complex, homeless-industrial complex, medical-industrial complex, etc.

Might as well vote for Trump because at least he pisses off liberal elites. The past 2 years of Trump being in the spotlight are some of the most political fun I've had. I don't care if The Wall is a waste of money; our country is going bankrupt anyways and we might as well watching the Star Wars Cantina of modern liberals get outraged for the next 8 years.

The next president will be a sort of cartoon character just like Trump. Maybe a liberal version. Who knows. These are the types of leaders you get when your country has become a banana republic.
Way to throw the country into turmoil just so you can just be entertained.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:15 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Might as well vote for Trump because at least he pisses off liberal elites. The past 2 years of Trump being in the spotlight are some of the most political fun I've had.
That pretty much sums up the mind of a Trump supporter.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:50 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,049 times
Isn't it premature to speculate about who will be running? It's not even a year since the last election

I mean Trump may not run again- whether due to the fact that he might be removed from office, not be nominated again, or because he may become unhealthy. The fact that the economy is strong today is no guarantee that it will be strong next year. If people are squeezed because of rising healthcare costs and increasing taxes, it's going to be harder for Trump to win the nomination, let alone an election.

Old 10-24-2017, 03:21 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Hillary will lose again.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:29 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
First, I hope that you realize that filling a judicial post is not the same thing as passing major legislation.

Well, I hope you are capable of realizing that something meaningful can be done without major legislation. Legislation can be overturned by the very next POTUS, as Trump is slowly doing. Judicial appointments are for life. Gorsuch may be on the court 30+ years voting conservative.

Quote:
Second, I hope you realize that appointing Gorsuch was no admirable feat. Even smart, informed presidents ask for input on SCOTUS appointments, and Trump was surely as ignorant as they come, so the choice wasn't his - he only assented to what was told to him. Any idiot could have gotten that post filled when backed by Congress. In fact, any idiot did.

Irrelevant. HC didn't get to nominate a liberal justice, or fill the lower courts with liberal judges. I don't care if Barron told him who to choose. He is choosing conservatives.

Quote:
And, yes, I do realize that many conservatives voted for Trump solely for that reason. That's one thing that's so frightening.

Some people think long term. As I said, quite a bit of what Obama did may end up in the trash, but no one can rescind judicial appointments, and these are the guys that rule on a myriad of everyday cases affecting our lives.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:31 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats grobnick View Post
so you basically see the presidential election as nothing more than a way to **** off people.

Can't say i'm really surprised that trump voters have this attitude. Trump did say that the poorly educated voted for him
+1

Old 10-24-2017, 07:48 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Nowadays, yes.

We had to put up with 8 years of a character you invented -- a liberal elitist professor lecturing us from a TelePrompTer, who campaigned as some type of fabricated MLK figure from Chicago. We retaliated with a New York real estate mogul who wears a "Make America Great Again" hat and did 2-3 rallies per day in the Rust Belt and whose platform consisted of building a wall on the southern border and taking all the oil from Iraq.
People like you are ruining this country. No other way to put it. You have no rational argument for what you are doing.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:20 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Here's an interesting article in Forbes with Trump's slant on the economy. This is for those of you who think with emotion rather then fact based information. Only low information people believe that Trump made the stock market surge in just a couple of brief months. Honestly, do some research. Only fools vote for someone based on how much damage he can do to one party. Only idiots excuse the flagrant corruption that exists in this administration. Trump is toxic and a cancer on our great democratic republic. There will come a day that he doesn't exist. Our country will survive him.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi.../#7580f0206786
You mean Trump doesn't have a secret lever somewhere that he pulls that makes the Dow Jones and Nasdaq soar? The same lever that Obama refused to pull because he simply wanted to be obnoxious?

I'm being sarcastic of course, but like you, I believe there are people who really think this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
There is something deeply disturbing that your irrationality would lead you to vote for someone simply because he "pisses off" the better educated, more competent, more cultured people. It's interesting that you don't specify whom you voted for in the primary. There were a few sane people in the running originally. But perhaps you ignored them because you thought Trump was more "fun," and you preferred fun to competent.

By the way, Trump isn't getting anything meaningful done. He hasn't passed a single important piece of legislation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
People like you are ruining this country. No other way to put it. You have no rational argument for what you are doing.
I was not a fan of Trump from the beginning, but when he was elected, I still wanted to see him succeed in a way that would benefit and strengthen and unite the country, the same way some sound legislation has bipartisan support regardless of the party the sponsor belonged to. I would still be thrilled if he was successful in a way that truly benefited the country, regardless of my personal opinion of him. Why wouldn't I be? However, with the trajectory I've seen so far, I'm more pessimistic than when he took office, and my hopes weren't extremely high then.

Last edited by Jowel; 10-24-2017 at 08:31 PM..

Old 10-24-2017, 08:35 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,100,287 times
Quote:

Might as well vote for Trump because at least he pisses off liberal elites. The past 2 years of Trump being in the spotlight are some of the most political fun I've had. I don't care if The Wall is a waste of money; our country is going bankrupt anyways and we might as well watching the Star Wars Cantina of modern liberals get outraged for the next 8 years.

The next president will be a sort of cartoon character just like Trump. Maybe a liberal version. Who knows. These are the types of leaders you get when your country has become a banana republic.
I'm always amused when people throw out "liberal elites," and even more so when they throw out "Hollywood elites" because who do you think Trump is? He is not a liberal, but he is definitely an elite, and also a Hollywood elite. Just look up his list of TV and film credits if you don't believe that.

If this country has become a banana republic, it is because people like you just don't give a ****. Fine. Go have a beer and watch Star Wars for the hundredth time. And reconsider whether you should vote at all, since you think the whole thing is a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies