Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And people get p.ssed off at athletes not standing for the anthem.

That, right there, is what contempt for one's country looks like.
To say nothing of contempt for democracy in general. These people welcomed Putin interfering in the electoral process. They truly are a cancer to democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 09:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
To say nothing of contempt for democracy in general. These people welcomed Putin interfering in the electoral process. They truly are a cancer to democracy.
Yup, and it looks like there is no way to stop them. We're descending into 2nd world territory. Our institutions are failing, contempt for the Constitution and law by those in power is off the charts. Half the country supports a dictatorship.

America is done. This is our collapse.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:59 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
As I've already said, if Trump accelerates America's decline more than other candidates would've, that could be a good thing in the long run. To give an analogy, if your relative is a drug addict, you'd want them to hit rock bottom quickly rather than slowly over many years, because the rock bottom won't be as bad and they'll get clean sooner.

This post ^ could not be a clearer or more evocative illustration of just how low a bar has been set after the country elected Donald Trump.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:01 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yup, and it looks like there is no way to stop them. We're descending into 2nd world territory. Our institutions are failing, contempt for the Constitution and law by those in power is off the charts. Half the country supports a dictatorship.

The Democratic Party is done.

This is what a new beginning looks like. Trump will establish a better America by appointing worthwhile judges who will rule fairly and follow common sense interpretation of the law.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:02 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
The Trump neo-Nazi Cult is alive and well. If there is a God, may he deliver us from the anti-Christ.
the only Neo-Nazis in America are leftist calling themselves ANTIFA

Old 10-20-2017, 10:03 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
wow cynicism in abundance

Old 10-20-2017, 10:21 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I think Trump will be up against some much better candidates next time.

Trump is basically in power because he was the least unpopular of the two candidates and there are a lot of people, even Democrats that didn't like Hillary Clinton.
I feel this, too. Democratic party didn't want to see/accept just how many disliked Hiliary. I wasn't really crazy about her myself to tell you the truth. But, I liked her intellect and that was most important to me. Trump is a Bozo, nothing more to say about it. I'm hoping for a Moderate Democrat--tired of the extreme left and right. Heck, even Kasich I could have accepted.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:38 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
America is so ideologically divided nowadays that it would be hard to construct a platform that more than 50% of people will vote for and impossible to construct a platform that more than 60% of people will vote for. The days of 50-state landslides like Reagan and Nixon had are over.
Yeah they are over for now. Trump has shown Republicans the way to win the EC and hence the Presidency.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

While Trump and his loyal following has this country in a race to the bottom, I don't think we are done just yet. I know that a majority of Americans are truly disgusted by Trump and his followers (opinion polls have all indicated a majority of Americans are not happy with Trump, and the disgust lies with those who are truly informed, which does not include all those unhappy) and I still think there is time to right this ship before our democracy is drawn and quartered and we become either a theocracy, plutocracy, or, as is our present state, an idiocracy.

Don't lose hope.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:57 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Well, that makes YOU a complete joke, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies