Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:31 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,782,351 times

Advertisements

Often Republicans or Democrats vote along party lines, they try to support their President in office, but Trump has been nothing but a train wreck for the Republican party. Any continued support seriously hurts the parties chances of securing the oval office in future elections. If things are allowed to continue, they will be guilty by association.

I predict people in the future people will say something like, Hey who are you going to vote for President? Certainly not the Republican candidate, I don't want another Trump like president getting into the White House.

Trump is seriously hurting the Republican party, it's not enough to keep quite and not publicly support for the President. They need to take action before Trump does irreparable harm to the Republican Party, Trump isn't going to step down voluntarily, Republicans need to force the issue. when is, enough a enough? Waiting till the Democrats have enough votes is a serious mistake in my opinion, it will just reinforce the argument that Republicans will support lunatic in the White House, just so long as they are in there party. They need to do the right thing and remove the thorn from there side. Maybe once Trump is out of the way Pence can redeem the party and give them a shot at the White House in 2020 and the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 09:33 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
The Republicans hurt themselves and deserve everything they have coming. They are spineless corrupt cowards. They are the ones that need to go.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Often Republicans or Democrats vote along party lines, they try to support their President in office, but Trump has been nothing but a train wreck for the Republican party. Any continued support seriously hurts the parties chances of securing the oval office in future elections. If things are allowed to continue, they will be guilty by association.

I predict people in the future people will say something like, Hey who are you going to vote for President? Certainly not the Republican candidate, I don't want another Trump like president getting into the White House.

Trump is seriously hurting the Republican party, it's not enough to keep quite and not publicly support for the President. They need to take action before Trump does irreparable harm to the Republican Party, Trump isn't going to step down voluntarily, Republicans need to force the issue. when is, enough a enough? Waiting till the Democrats have enough votes is a serious mistake in my opinion, it will just reinforce the argument that Republicans will support lunatic in the White House, just so long as they are in there party. They need to do the right thing and remove the thorn from there side. Maybe once Trump is out of the way Pence can redeem the party and give them a shot at the White House in 2020 and the future.
Trump is the result of the actions of the Republican party. Many of the Republicans voters are rejecting the Republican establishment, and want change. Most of the Trump voters are quite happy with Trump, and it is the John McCain types that are more likely to be pushed out.

It could be a very interesting midterm election, I wish Bannon all the luck in the world rooting out the corrupt establishment Republicans.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:59 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Trump Derangement Syndrome-alive and well. OP, you might want to seek professional help, I hear they can do great things in the mental health profession these days.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:59 AM

526 posts, read 386,257 times
I remember back in WWII when the US kept taking the advice of the Axis powers about what we should be doing during the war.

Oh wait...we didn't listen to our enemies.

So Republicans, as noted above "are spineless corrupt cowards", probably won't take your well meaning *snicker* "advice".

Old 10-20-2017, 11:02 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
They wont.

Most of the GOP I know still support him. Not as loudly and all but 1 want him off twitter, but they still support him. Remember he ran against "something even worse"

Old 10-20-2017, 11:07 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:

Trump was elected to upset the swamp creatures on both sides of the aisle. He is doing great!!!!

Democrats fear and hate mongering campaign continue it character assassination and reissuing the same hysterical mindset that was required to burn witches. It is not conceivable that any conscious person would cast a vote for the unethical, fear and hate mongering hijacked democrat party they are demonstrating themselves to be.

Trump is our only hope.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:08 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:

"Trump has been nothing but a train wreck for the Republican party."

Quit following the Lame Stream Media!

Old 10-20-2017, 11:16 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
I disagree, OP, and for the very reasons you lay out. I want him to stay right where he is, where he can continue to do the most damage as possible for as long as possible to the Republican party.

It's not like he is accomplishing anything other than that, anyway, so it works for me.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:20 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I disagree, OP, and for the very reasons you lay out. I want him to stay right where he is, where he can continue to do the most damage as possible for as long as possible to the Republican party.

It's not like he is accomplishing anything other than that, anyway, so it works for me.
I agree. Let Americans get a good taste of what Rs are all about.

It's not like he's not doing what Rs have been working on all along:

Got a corporate shill on the Supreme Court.

Gutting banking and environmental regulations.

Sabotaged ACA big time.

Trump's working tirelessly on the R agenda and they don't even have to take the blame for it. It's a win-win.

Rs would be fools to dump him now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies