Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 04:06 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Don't go giving them facts. You ruin their rightwing narrative.

I'm no right wing and you are not entitled to your alternative version of reality....facts do not care about your ability to stomach them....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A lot has changed from 2016 to 2017. And as I said before, the violence is usually concentrated in certain areas. But when you look at it as a whole, it's a different picture. Not that you understand this logic, but I have to point it out.

I also got a many reputation messages, only a fool would use that as any sort of justification.

A lot has changed huh?? 557 and counting.....son......

Again, let's move the target and take away the things (of facts) we do not like......ohh bbbut, bbbut, but, but, but if you take away certain areas.....pathetic...

Old 10-20-2017, 04:11 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Garbage.

Just read the facts. We don't need a study to tell us the facts.

But since you are having trouble finding the facts, I'll help you.

There are 83 US cities with 100,000 or more people. Here is where Chicago ranks;

Total violent crime; 56th
Murder; 78th
Rape; 44th

So, only five cities have a higher murder rate than Chicago (Newark, New Orleans, Detroit, Baltimore, St Louis)

Sorry to burst your bubble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate

Old 10-20-2017, 04:12 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
A lot has changed from 2016 to 2017. And as I said before, the violence is usually concentrated in certain areas.
This is true of every city in the world.

Keep trying to hide the fact that Chicago has one of the highest murder rates in the world.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:14 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Garbage.

Just read the facts. We don't need a study to tell us the facts.

But since you are having trouble finding the facts, I'll help you.

There are 83 US cities with 100,000 or more people. Here is where Chicago ranks;

Total violent crime; 56th
Murder; 78th
Rape; 44th

So, only five cities have a higher murder rate than Chicago (Newark, New Orleans, Detroit, Baltimore, St Louis)

Sorry to burst your bubble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate
So Chi-town isn't the "murder capital of the U.S." as another poster stated. Thanks Roadking!

Old 10-20-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
So Chi-town isn't the "murder capital of the U.S." as another poster stated. Thanks Roadking!

I understand trying to act dumb as a defense......it was a murder capital of the US in 2016 (number of murders dummy) and we will see in 2017.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Someone really should let Trump know so he would stop bashing Chicago.

Chicago is safer than the closest town to Maralago.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...go-has-n722056

Old 10-20-2017, 04:40 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Chicago named the Among the Safest Cities in the World - NY Post

The study is conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit and ranks the top 60 safest cities in the world. Only three US cities made the list's top 20, including Chicago.

Now, you may wonder. The other two cities must be from down-to-earth, peaceful, Bible-thumbing Red states right??! Must be Dallas, Pheonix, etc, right??? Wrong. They are blue states cities San Francisco and Los Angeles.

But how can that be? We all keep hearing how dangerous Chicago is!!! This can't be!!

Fact is, Chicago has certain areas that you want to avoid; but they also have many many safe and gorgeous neighborhoods. The right-wing, as typical, only cares about the Chicago that is south of 59th St. and they shout/repeat until you think all of Chicago is like the area south of 59th St.

And this is one point that I made before - Chicago is still much safer than most areas in red states. Essentially the worst of the Blue is still better than the best of the Red. This is what many of us need to remember.

Click below for the Business Intelligence Unit's link.
Safe Cities 2017 - The Economist Intelligence Unit - sponsored by NEC
Chicago still has more murders than any other US city....no matter how much lipstick you put on that pig, it's still a pig.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:44 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Chicago named the Among the Safest Cities in the World - NY Post

The study is conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit and ranks the top 60 safest cities in the world. Only three US cities made the list's top 20, including Chicago.

Now, you may wonder. The other two cities must be from down-to-earth, peaceful, Bible-thumbing Red states right??! Must be Dallas, Pheonix, etc, right??? Wrong. They are blue states cities San Francisco and Los Angeles.

But how can that be? We all keep hearing how dangerous Chicago is!!! This can't be!!

Fact is, Chicago has certain areas that you want to avoid; but they also have many many safe and gorgeous neighborhoods. The right-wing, as typical, only cares about the Chicago that is south of 59th St. and they shout/repeat until you think all of Chicago is like the area south of 59th St.

And this is one point that I made before - Chicago is still much safer than most areas in red states. Essentially the worst of the Blue is still better than the best of the Red. This is what many of us need to remember.

Click below for the Business Intelligence Unit's link.
Safe Cities 2017 - The Economist Intelligence Unit - sponsored by NEC

LMAO!!! Sure, any study can be conducted under certain criteria to end with any desired result. Every city has good and bad areas. Chicago's bad areas and what happens in them just far overshadow the good ones. Studies like this I lend very little credibility. Chicago racks up a pretty impressive fired rounds and body count every day. The "bad" areas are a little more than just bad. They're turning into a resemblance of the cartel held areas of Mexico.

Other than that I'm sure Chicago is a wonderful place. Personally, think I'll stay put in my well armed red area of NV. Where it's nice and quiet everywhere. Even in the "bad" parts of town.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:51 PM

276 posts, read 178,775 times
Cool if only every city was safe like chicago the world would be a better place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies