Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
You can always watch European soccer or NHL. You won't won't see any of this nonsense.
My understanding of this patriotic thing was it began a short time after 9/11, and the government knew that NFL probably reached out to the most young able bodied men, ideal for the wars the government wanted to start, so made a deal with the NFL to start playing patriotic stuff, and the military would begin to get involved, all in hopes to get more volunteers to sign up for the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 12:14 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And the grandstanding foolishness continues.

It's always about themselves.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/singer-tak...opstories.html
Probably career ending before career started!

At least Beyoncé showed the BLM support at the end of her career!

Old 10-21-2017, 12:24 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Nice deflection but players are kneeling for police brutality and injustice towards blacks.

Hispanics and Asians aren't murdered by the police at nearly the same rate as blacks are.
This has been a problem for decades now and you are upset because some people are protesting peacefully?
Do you think that the cops who beat black people are watching this and thinking to themselves "Oh I had better stop because people are kneeling."

Old 10-21-2017, 12:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
I'm so sick of this whole mess!! I have stopped watching the NFL, stopped watching the national news channels, only local as I find they are not so politically minded, I skip over political posts on Facebook, when will this madness end!!
it will all end when the leagues set firm standards on players having to stand for the anthem, and severe punishments for those players that dont stand, like game suspensions, heavy duty fines, etc. and when team owners tell the players that they wont tolerate the players thumbing their noses at the country, and that they stand for the anthem, or they dont play.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:36 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Singer Justine Skye takes a knee while performing national anthem at Brooklyn Nets home opener "

never heard of her
Starting today, you have officially heard about the singer Justine Skye. Maybe it was a good way for her to get publicity because lots of people haven't heard of Justine Skye until today. I never heard of her either until today.

Last edited by sware2cod; 10-21-2017 at 01:51 PM..

Old 10-21-2017, 12:56 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I know why but there are many people who still see it as a protest against our country, military and the nation as a whole that has given them everything.

They have the right to kneel but their message is mixed.
The message is not mixed, it’s been said clear as day from the beginning, but white people that are anti black choose to ignore the message and create their own so they can be outraged.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
My understanding of this patriotic thing was it began a short time after 9/11, and the government knew that NFL probably reached out to the most young able bodied men, ideal for the wars the government wanted to start, so made a deal with the NFL to start playing patriotic stuff, and the military would begin to get involved, all in hopes to get more volunteers to sign up for the military.
Which is funny, because apparently people have been getting outraged at the kneeling, but not at the results/injuries of actual veterans. Especially now with the Niger soldiers.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Don't be so close minded Tom. The majority of us who oppose this are not white nationalists. I'm a Democrat who is sick of all the PC BS - it benefits no one. There are causes to fight for - like equal rights but then there are causes that the community has to work to change - like violence in the black community that leads to these situations. Many would rather whine than take responsibility for problems the community itself has created - single parent homes - not working together as communities and helping the police to get rid of these individuals.

White or black - purple or green - you keep committing crimes - you end up dead - I won't cry for you - I cry for your victims instead.
You will continue to ignore the problem also.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Do you think that the cops who beat black people are watching this and thinking to themselves "Oh I had better stop because people are kneeling."
Actually if the white people paid attention to the instances where police murdered white people and got away with it (which happens more often) it would pretty much solve the problem with everyone.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is a very interesting post because it reflects something that I have personally witnessed that the Black community is far more racist against themselves then white people are toward black people.
Every single one of them can be a racist and it wont justify police brutality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies