Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 07:43 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I would suggest that President Donald JOHN Trump obtain a parrot. He may then name and teach the parrot to say "Many people are saying".

Thus, when Mr. Trump rolls out his statement, "Many people are saying" he cannot be accused of making it up.*

*Not my best, but it is early.
No way. No bird should have to ever repeat what comes out of his mouth. And they are very social animals--they would would not be happy with that cold family.

And as a bird lover and owner, I would never wish that guy on any bird. Parrots are sensitive and intelligent--smarter than Trump.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:25 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
He campaigned and won vowing to shake up Washington. Now, President Donald Trump is again breaking with tradition on a more personal matter: keeping a pet at the White House.

The illustrious tradition of keeping pets in the White House dates back to Thomas Jefferson, who kept a mockingbird and a couple of bear cubs during his presidency. Throughout the years, presidential pets became celebrities of sorts.

Trump family breaks with presidential pet tradition - WSMV News 4
Who gives a rats arse?

Is keeping a pet required by law?

Holy molly, some of you will go to any depth to find something to complain about Trump with.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:27 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump has a phobia about germs, even though he, himself, has infected our country. But I think that he should abide by the tradition and get a pet. My suggestion for an appropriate one, to go well with his persona, would be an iguana (big, fat, ugly lizard).
"But I think that he should abide by the tradition and get a pet"

Why?

Is it written somewhere that a president HAS to have pet?

Old 10-22-2017, 08:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
He campaigned and won vowing to shake up Washington. Now, President Donald Trump is again breaking with tradition on a more personal matter: keeping a pet at the White House.

The illustrious tradition of keeping pets in the White House dates back to Thomas Jefferson, who kept a mockingbird and a couple of bear cubs during his presidency. Throughout the years, presidential pets became celebrities of sorts.

Ya. He doesn't strike me as a pet kind of guy. People that weren't raised with pets (poor souls) often never want one themselves.

Pity. I'll bet Baron would love a puppy.

But - if you don't want one; you shouldn't have one because no one will be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He could name the parrot "Many People Are Saying" and then teach it to repeat what he said.

LOL!

Old 10-22-2017, 08:33 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
He is a big city kind of guy so I suppose it isn't a big surprise. Isn't he from NYC? That is the funny thing, he is from the one of the most liberal cities.

I hope someday we get a president that gets a somewhat more masculine dog, something bigger and trained. Something like a German Shepard that is used as an actual guard dog or a beagle used for hunting. All these male presidents and their tiny pretty dogs. Very hard to respect a man with a tiny pretty dog.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Probably a good thing the Trump's don't have a pet. Sociopaths are known for abusing animals.
Obama and Clinton both have animals..

Old 10-22-2017, 08:38 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:

Animals are smarter then humans are a dog would end up biting his dumb arse and a cat would do the same.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:38 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Spider.
Nope, I used to have a tarantula.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I would suggest that President Donald JOHN Trump obtain a parrot. He may then name and teach the parrot to say "Many people are saying".

Thus, when Mr. Trump rolls out his statement, "Many people are saying" he cannot be accused of making it up.*

*Not my best, but it is early.

The parrot would become the latest WH leaker.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:37 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Pets dodged a bullet on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies