Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 10:40 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,829,837 times

Advertisements

4 Frightening Federal Judicial Nominees From Trump | Care2 Causes

Looks like the liberals are making up exotic exaggerations about President Trump's judicial nominees.

Absurd that Democrats are afraid of lots and lots of constitutional conservatives that will be appointed for years and years to come. I myself am extremely excited over lots and lots brilliant conservatives like Scalia sitting on the federal courts for decades to come.

Seems like he loves to appoint young justices who will be sitting on our courts, protecting Americans in case there some day happens to be the unlikely event of a Democrat President, House and Senate someday.

I don't even listen to their commentary because I know for a fact that President Trump only appoints the most qualified constitutional conservatives.

Amazing, how they quote liberal groups exaggerations in their own article. The fake news about President Trump that liberal groups are quoting from other liberal groups commentaries is just another example of the fake news out there.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 10-22-2017 at 11:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 10:45 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,605,366 times
Do you really want a lifetime appointment for someone who is so unhinged as to refer to some American children as "part of Satan's plan?" Or someone who gives every sign of being a religious zealot? Wouldn't you want someone a little more objective to be a judge?

Trump judicial nominee invoked Nazi Germany in describing treatment of Christians in US - CNNPolitics

Old 10-22-2017, 10:50 PM

33,761 posts, read 16,763,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
4 Frightening Federal Judicial Nominees From Trump | Care2 Causes

Looks like the liberals are making up exotic exaggerations about President Trump's judicial nominees.

Absurd that Democrats are afraid of lots and lots of constitutional conservatives that will be appointed for years and years to come. I myself am extremely excited over lots and lots brilliant conservatives like Scalia sitting on the federal courts for decades to come.

Seems like he loves to appoint young justices who will be sitting on our courts, protecting Americans in case there some day happens to be the unlikely event of a Democrat President, House and Senate someday.

I also hope, like Gorsuch, we get the gift of Strict Constitutionalists who are young enough to serve decades on various courts at all levels.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:55 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,605,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I also hope, like Gorsuch, we get the gift of Strict Constitutionalists who are young enough to serve decades on various courts at all levels.
It's the future generations that will pay the price for a roster of rabid conservative ideologues serving as judges with lifetime appointments. Your children and grand-children,if you have any, will pay the price in terms of decisions that will make their lives poorer, harder, and more dangerous whereas rich corporations will become even more all-powerful. Judges should not be zealots.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:59 PM

25,352 posts, read 16,998,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Do you really want a lifetime appointment for someone who is so unhinged as to refer to some American children as "part of Satan's plan?" Or someone who gives every sign of being a religious zealot? Wouldn't you want someone a little more objective to be a judge?

Trump judicial nominee invoked Nazi Germany in describing treatment of Christians in US - CNNPolitics
From your article:
Quote:
Mateer, in an appearance with Young in October 2014, compared actions taken by Houston Mayor Annise Parker to that of the Nazis and other totalitarian governments. Houston city officials had issued subpoenas for sermons delivered by pastors who opposed an LGBT anti-discrimination ordinanc.........
YES! THAT's the person I want in US District Court. I want someone who will reel in nutcase mayors who want to dictate what can be said from the pulpit.
No one stopped Jeremiah Wright, did they?

Old 10-23-2017, 03:25 AM

33,761 posts, read 16,763,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It's the future generations that will pay the price for a roster of rabid conservative ideologues serving as judges with lifetime appointments. Your children and grand-children,if you have any, will pay the price in terms of decisions that will make their lives poorer, harder, and more dangerous whereas rich corporations will become even more all-powerful. Judges should not be zealots.
The price will be living per the US Constitution-which is a gift. I abhor judges who make law, as they are zealots. I want a court that interprets it per the limits our Founding Fathers spelled out so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies