Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 01:53 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Question is why do so many still trust MSM like CNN ,MSNBC if it's been proven they are corrupt, biased and manipulable?..
but it has not. why don't YOU show everyone here the empirical evidence that CNN is worse or even as bad as FOX ?

bet you won't cause you can't can you. Time and again I find Trumpers here "claiming" MSM is evil or lies all day long, but never has a single one of you provided EMPIRICAL PROOF. the best you will do is point to a couple of incorrect retracted stories out of hundreds of thousands and pretend that means they lie...

so come on jm, show us all your proof or by the laws of the interwebs you are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 02:13 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
But Trump is a bigger threat to America in general

Bottom line is Trump is yours, the Republican party and conservatives.

You guys elected him, he's all yours and you can't put the blame on anyone else

Mans you haven't given a single reason why his voters should
Had voted Hillary instead

Old 10-23-2017, 02:19 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Actually, you don't know that.

If it were a popular vote, voting habits would have most likely changed in various states where people didn't vote because their candidate either seemed to have it wrapped up or had no way to win. We have no way of knowing what the popular vote may have been. That is just a FACT.

I never took him serious as well.

Just a few years ago, I would have bet my car (if I was a gambler) Trump would never get the nomination, much less win the WH.
Totally agree w/ your first point...in many states, such as California or Texas, how many liberals or conservatives don't vote because they know their states are foregone conclusions as to which way they are going...
That's why I think the Electoral College is completely unfair...at least in terms of giving all the votes to the winner...at worst, it should be proportional to the vote...if you win 51%-49%, you shouldn't get 100% of the votes..if it's a state w/ 15 electoral votes, the winner should get 8 and loser 7.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:21 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Mans you haven't given a single reason why his voters should
Had voted Hillary instead
they shouldn't, they should have voted for Gary Johnson

If I was more right leaning I would have voted for Johnson hands down

Old 10-23-2017, 02:45 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:

I did, actually, and I stand by my choice. Neither Trump nor Hillary were candidates that I could vote for.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:20 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
As opposed to Hillary?

They both suck.

You're just too loyal to your party to even consider it.

I guess the world needs followers, since they are also good for repetitive tasks that don't require any thought.
I would be careful about statements like that. I know a lot of people who were horrified by Trump during the primaries, but who voted for him in November because he was the Republican candidate. Same thing watching the run-off in Alabama: "OMG, Moore is crazy." Then he wins, and all of a sudden it's "yeah, I hope he wins, because he's not a Democrat, and I would never vote for ANY Democrat."

Old 10-23-2017, 08:01 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Trust me, I understand how ignorant the average voter is.

That is why I want each state to remove party designations and straight ticket voting on general election ballots.
Absolutely! If a person is not concerned enough to open the newspaper and learn the name of the person they'd like to vote for, they shouldn't vote. We're one step above the 3rd world where each party is designated a color and people just vote by color.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:

I voted Gary Johnson once out of principle back in 2012, but he was such a loon during this last campaign that I couldn't in good faith vote for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhR41lsEJY

Old 10-23-2017, 08:07 PM

More kookery. Anyone suggesting Gary Johnson would have been a better vote than Trump has an ulterior motive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkYWnHaI770

Old 10-23-2017, 08:08 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Not liking Trump is absolutely 1 thing that I can't blame on Hillary. I have never liked Trump and likely never will. I will say this, Trump is possibly the only human on earth who is more arrogant than Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies