Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 12:04 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times

Advertisements

[quote=LoveToRow;49908835
He's very coherent compared to Obama and Hillary. The thought of a Hillary presidency was *very* concerning and thank God it will never happen.[/QUOTE]

In what dictionary did you find your definition of "coherent"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 12:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You guys don't really get it. The "love" for Trump comes from a deep dissatisfaction with the direction your politicians were taking the country. There would be no Trump but for people who elected Obama and then failed to hold him accountable for anything.

Yes Don, you are responsible for Trump. Along with everyone else who voted for Obama over Mitt Romney.
I fully understand the dissatisfaction you mention.

I thought at first that Trump's election would be a good test for this democracy; by electing him, he would force a lot of solutions to our long-standing conflicts to be found. If the solutions didn't come from him didn't matter; in fact, I expected them to come from Congress and all the states.

I didn't expect those solutions to be conflict free at all. Both Obama and Trump were elected in part from very long standing resentment and anger that exists in both parties.

But it's now obvious that Trump is worse for us than we will ever be any good for us. He only wants the divisions to become even worse, and when any attempt is made by any or all of our other officials, he obstructs and interferes with any attempt to find a solution, or even an approach to finding one.

The man has thrived on chaos all his life, and chaos is all he knows and understands. He is unable to see this, and even if he could, he would never change a thing. He creates new problems daily that don't need to exist.

He's like a bad dog who refuses to be house trained, refuses to take any command, and is intent on running an entire household.

A dog like that will bite the baby as quickly as he'll bite the baby's mother, or father, or the other children in the house.

When left alone, a dog like that will tear up the couch, destroy the walls, rip down the curtains, and howl continuously.

But when his people are at home with him, the dog will snarl, attack, threaten everyone, try to steal all the food off the table, and then pee all over the new carpet. Any attempt to stop him will end up with someone being bitten hard.

I once had a dog like that. He didn't stay long.

But a dog is only a dog. Dealing with a human who acts like this would be something only the police could deal with if he was an ordinary man acting the way he does. That our President acts like this is a true crisis to our country, and he's beyond calling the cops on him when he blows up. The longer he stays, the worse the crisis grows daily.

And he likes it like that. Every time the nation starts feeling a tiny bit of relief from his actions, he starts flying off at the handle and creates another big blow-up.

Since that's his natural state, he won't ever get exhausted, but he is exhausting all the rest of us, and he's distracting all of us from some real big problems he has no answers or solutions for.

At a time when the United States cannot afford this distraction. He's breaking our legs just at a time in history when all Americans need to be fleet, steady on their feet, and able to run fast when necessary.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:26 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I fully understand the dissatisfaction you mention.

I thought at first that Trump's election would be a good test for this democracy; by electing him, he would force a lot of solutions to our long-standing conflicts to be found. If the solutions didn't come from him didn't matter; in fact, I expected them to come from Congress and all the states.

I didn't expect those solutions to be conflict free at all. Both Obama and Trump were elected in part from very long standing resentment and anger that exists in both parties.

But it's now obvious that Trump is worse for us than we will ever be any good for us. He only wants the divisions to become even worse, and when any attempt is made by any or all of our other officials, he obstructs and interferes with any attempt to find a solution, or even an approach to finding one.

The man has thrived on chaos all his life, and chaos is all he knows and understands. He is unable to see this, and even if he could, he would never change a thing. He creates new problems daily that don't need to exist.

He's like a bad dog who refuses to be house trained, refuses to take any command, and is intent on running an entire household.

A dog like that will bite the baby as quickly as he'll bite the baby's mother, or father, or the other children in the house.

When left alone, a dog like that will tear up the couch, destroy the walls, rip down the curtains, and howl continuously.

But when his people are at home with him, the dog will snarl, attack, threaten everyone, try to steal all the food off the table, and then pee all over the new carpet. Any attempt to stop him will end up with someone being bitten hard.

I once had a dog like that. He didn't stay long.

But a dog is only a dog. Dealing with a human who acts like this would be something only the police could deal with if he was an ordinary man acting the way he does. That our President acts like this is a true crisis to our country, and he's beyond calling the cops on him when he blows up. The longer he stays, the worse the crisis grows daily.

And he likes it like that. Every time the nation starts feeling a tiny bit of relief from his actions, he starts flying off at the handle and creates another big blow-up.

Since that's his natural state, he won't ever get exhausted, but he is exhausting all the rest of us, and he's distracting all of us from some real big problems he has no answers or solutions for.

At a time when the United States cannot afford this distraction. He's breaking our legs just at a time in history when all Americans need to be fleet, steady on their feet, and able to run fast when necessary.
Anyone who thought anything positive would come from a Trump presidency wasn’t paying attention to who this guy is and has been. Maybe it’s because I’m from the east coast, but having heard about his antics my entire life I was and continue to be appalled that anyone considered him to be fit for office.

Trump cares only about Trump. That’s how he always was and always will be. He’s driven by personal greed, petty revenge and a desire for attention. Nothing else.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:31 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
https://youtu.be/ZnOpGI0qRhA

Dem Bill Clinton wanted a wall of people ( 3600 border guards ) to secure our borders. He also wanted to rid the country of criminal illegals, and illegals who were a drain on our social programs and taking jobs from American citizens.... were you as outraged with him as you seem to be with President Trump in regards to immigration? ( highly doubt it.)
The above is a link to a 1994 Clinton State of the Union address I believe.
Regardless of the constant accusations from Republicans, Democrats are not in favor of open borders. So this is not news that Clinton worked to secure the nation's borders.

Democrats deport those here illegally, just as Republicans have. In fact, Obama deportation rate is higher than Trump's and

Trump deportations lag behind Obama levels - POLITICO

"According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history."

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President - ABC News

What is different between the two is the Democrats don't demonize immigrants. Don't call them out for being rapists, criminals, thugs, terrorists, ...

Old 10-24-2017, 12:36 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
or how about he appealed to a upset racially intolerant electorate that heard "MAGA" and was code word for hating Mexicans / building a wall?

Minorities heard " Make America Great Again" and thought "Oh crap Hitler is back !"

or the stupid people who thought he was going to bring jobs back to the post-industrial midwest.
That could be part of it as well. I was trying not to list those reasons. However, I do suspect that those are pertinent reasons as well.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:39 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Fine to criticize Trump until you realize the people doing it supported Hillary Clinton instead. She may have been the most corrupt candidate ever nominated.

Let's not get into corruption--- wait till mr. T is done- the whole family business thing is shyte- just for starters.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:06 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Or you don't care just so long Hillary isn't the president?
Speaking as a Dem, it always concerned me - whether you regard it as someone hopelessly inarticulate, or someone frighteningly ignorant, or, these days, as someone with incipient dementia.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:28 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times
another thread title presented in as negative a way as possible, completely disagree with this pretense, it is the leftist MSM that is incoherent, not Trump. not concerned.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:44 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,895 times
Better than someone who sells out the country to terrorists, illegals, and globalization.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:54 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uVk0KdPLpc

and

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politi...lan/index.html

I know nothing about these two men, but they seem to have the ability of sober thought. More to follow?

Last edited by Natnasci; 10-24-2017 at 03:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies