Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 10:07 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How could you agree the article when you never read the article?
1. The tax bill will pay for itself.
Not unless spending is cut. It isnt about taxes, it's about out of control spending. That you ignored that is telling.

2.It will supercharge growth.
from the article - "Why doesn’t the bill do more for the economy’s growth rate? In part because the government is passing tax cuts when the economy is already doing well"

the economy isn't doing well. How could it when welfare is still much higher than before the crash?

3. Cutting the corporate tax rate will lead businesses to give raises to regular workers.
A myth because it will boost the income but not as high as $4,000 a year? lol

Do I need to go on anymore since I exposed your link as garbage?
How naive some people are. Cutting corporate tax rates will only increase money in their own pockets. Why would they feel the need to pay their workers more. And there is no guarantee they will hire more workers. This is just an assumption. But I'm sure the shareholders are salivating at this...more money lining their pockets. This tax plan favors the 1% which is Trump. It has been presented as a tax plan to help the middle class though. It's just lies they tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 10:17 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
You would need to be some dope to believe the TEA party was not out to help ordinary americans. They are small government Constitutionalists , this kind of idealogy always helps the middle class the most.
Then tell us what they did to help the middle class

Old 12-11-2017, 05:27 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
You would need to be some dope to believe the TEA party was not out to help ordinary americans. They are small government Constitutionalists , this kind of idealogy always helps the middle class the most.
the TEA party were - are a koch bros vehicle , those guys are not concerned about anyone remotely middle class , useful idiots were welcome to help them however ( and did )

Old 12-11-2017, 05:29 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
the TEA party were - are a koch bros vehicle , those guys are not concerned about anyone remotely middle class , useful idiots were welcome to help them however ( and did )
The Tea Party technically DID start as a grass-roots movement, but was corrupted in less than a year into a right-wing mouthpiece for huge corporations. I remember distinctly the change in message from "hold big business accountable for screwing up the economy!" to "big business can do no wrong, and don't let the government hold them accountable for anything."

The problem is right-wingers don't understand this change - or much of anything else - so some of them still vote under the delusion that the Tea Party is "fighting for them" instead of fighting for huge corporations.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:34 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And President Bush's stimulus checks didn't stop one of the worst recessions ever.
I got one of those. I think it was like between $100-$300. Not exactly groundbreaking money even back then.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:01 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
You made all this up. You never ONCE discussed the actual cuts and how the overwhelming majority of people in the middle class will benefit. Instead you whined and got fussy.
yeah i get it, you know i am right, lack a rebuttal so you make personal attacks instead. exactly the weak sauce i have come to expect.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:02 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
Of course it will work. It will incentivize capital investment in the US. With near full employment it will put massive upward pressure on wages.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:03 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Are you trying to convince yourself? Nobody’s going to buy that garbage.

This is the STUPIDEST THREAD of the day.
Now it might be.

What qualifications do you have in macroeconomics?

Old 12-11-2017, 10:05 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Why do people think 2017 is 1983???

It ain't.

34 years later globalization and technology have completely altered the world. There will be no wage growth - and no growth in the GDP, either.

Further, there was no "magic" under Reagan as has been recited numerous times on this thread and there won't be now, either.

I am now planning for inflation and recession.
The idiocy is mind numbing. Tax cuts are magic for the economy!!!

Like a bunch of wannabe Alex P Keatons stoned on Wall ST Journal fumes.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:07 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Of course it will work. It will incentivize capital investment in the US. With near full employment it will put massive upward pressure on wages.

It will incentivize dividend payouts and cash hoarding and have little effect on wages for the vast majority of Americans.

It's not 1983.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies