Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:45 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times

Advertisements

He pulled a gun on a delivery woman. I hope the A's release him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 08:52 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In the end the true person has been revealed! The guy will will be fired from the team after this!

Another athlete can fill his spot and the dumb guy loses his job, money etc and can kneel church after he wants to change his life or join BLM and become a bigger fool.
I was skeptical from when I read his background comments about discrimination while growing up in Alabama - especially for a guy who is hardly recognizable as Black. But, I though, maybe it happened. Cut the guy some slack.
Then I was skeptical about the "wouldn't serve me" story. That happens to cops sometimes, but not ordinary civilians. Civilians get ridiculed by dimwits at Starbucks and Hardees, but in the end they get their hamburgers.

Now I think there is actually something wrong with him. Chip on his shoulder; jerk, and all that, but something ain't right with Maxwell.
My baseball team would consist of guys who are assets in the dugout as well as on the field, so Maxwell would not be on the 25 man roster.
"Games are won on the field; pennants are won in the dugout."

Old 10-29-2017, 08:55 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
need to read the whole story, its a made up story, they served him, just not let him buy beer because of no id

Old 10-29-2017, 06:28 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

Old 06-10-2018, 10:42 AM

17,587 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Anti-NFL Song Called "Take A Knee... My Ass!" | Video | Break

Old 06-10-2018, 12:13 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
"Harvest, Alabama." That's the type of place I would expect something like that to happen LOL.

This is not a big deal at all. Very proud of the baseball player with a military family background for taking a knee, and I also commend him for putting his hand over his heart as a nice gesture.

That said, I also fully support the server's right to not want to serve him.

This is a non-story, IMO. Doubt I'll hear about it outside this thread on City-Data.
The server has no right to refuse service. He can quit his job and walk out before serving him, but the only one with the actual right to refuse service is the owner.

That being said, what’s the point of these protests? Why take a knee for the National Anthem? If they want to protest, do it on their own time. Protests in this way are actually detrimental to their cause. If done right, I think most people could agree that there’s a lot of bias and discrimination in police interactions. If people reach out and do it in a nice way instead of blocking freeways and chanting about frying pigs like bacon, or **** off the customer base of the organization that makes players millionaires, or refusing to serve people who come to the restaurant you work at (and this happens frequently to police), then you aren’t winning anyone over to your side.

There’s a reason MLK was more effective than the Black Panthers or Malcom X. People are more persuaded by clear peaceful means than by guerrilla tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies