Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 03:53 PM

93 posts, read 77,566 times

Advertisements

What we really need is for those Republicans CONTINUING to seek re-election to have the courage to stay and fight and to express their concerns about the Trump presidency. This is an emergency. The president is unfit. Republicans and Democrats need to put their policy differences aside, speak out, and work together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 03:55 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This is too easy! Bannon targets these people and they float away like paper dolls. Winning! Bannonites support Kelli Ward.
God knows what Bannon has got on these guys.

I would like to thank Jeff Flake too. Thank you Jeff. Thank you for getting out of the way.

Old 10-24-2017, 03:59 PM

8,493 posts, read 4,550,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
God knows what Bannon has got on these guys.

I would like to thank Jeff Flake too. Thank you Jeff. Thank you for getting out of the way.
Bannon has nothing on them. These senators are bowing out because they can't win a primary with the present crazy Republican electorate. There are just not enough sane rational people to offset the lunatics. Will be interesting to see the general election results when the crazy wing of the republican party makes up no more than 35% of the vote.

Last edited by MMS02760; 10-24-2017 at 04:53 PM..

Old 10-24-2017, 04:08 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,189,978 times
Seems the only reason Corker came out against trump was to do his donors bidding to oppose him along with McCain and flake to be sure he doesn't get anything through the senate. Corker is a guy that wanted to be trumps Secretary of State and now these guys are finding their "morals"? Give us a break, they're all in it for themselves.

On a positive note Arizona is long overdue new senators, preferably ones that will work with the president

Old 10-24-2017, 04:10 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
"We were not made great as a country by indulging or even exalting our worst impulses, turning against ourselves, glorying in the things which divide us, and calling fake things true and true things fake.

And we did not become the beacon of freedom in the darkest corners of the world by flouting our institutions and failing to understand just how hard-won and vulnerable they are."

Jeff Flake's full speech announcing he won't run for re-election - CNNPolitics
Nicely stated by Flake, heard the same thing from previous presidents. Too bad there are so many other congressmen are afraid to take on Trump and state the obvious about him instead of making believe he is normal.

I would hope that his supporters would take notice but doesn't appear anything matters, the truth no longer matters to them.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:12 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Trump got Flake's special undies in a bunch.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:17 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Seems the only reason Corker came out against trump was to do his donors bidding to oppose him along with McCain and flake to be sure he doesn't get anything through the senate. Corker is a guy that wanted to be trumps Secretary of State and now these guys are finding their "morals"? Give us a break, they're all in it for themselves.

On a positive note Arizona is long overdue new senators, preferably ones that will work with the president
Great theory, did you know Corker is retiring from the senate.

This should really help get Trump's tax reform proposal through although I doubt he has any idea what tax reform means.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:17 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Jeff Flake will come out on the right side of history---his silent, cowardly, complicit fellow GOP Senators, not so much.
Geez, let's hope so. A year ago this time, I was arguing that Trump was an existential threat to the United States and our democracy. I may have missed on my projection of the outcome of the election, but I was spot on about that as we are seeing now.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:23 PM

2,535 posts, read 2,734,181 times
Bye bye snowflake we don't need babies.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:36 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
"I've been robbing and killing people for years but this is too much."

Oh wow, what courage and morals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies