Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 06:30 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yup, a lot of libs in denial this morning. Chuck Grassley wants to slap them up with a reality shot. From the Hill: "Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is calling on the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel to investigate the Uranium One deal that gave a Russian-owned company partial control of U.S. atomic energy resources in 2010."
Just what the liberals wanted to hear....BUSTED! LOL
They cried because they lost the election.
They have been whining ever since.
They have been on here bashing President Trump and defending their lying candidates.
Watch for them to change their log-in names because they have S--- on their faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 06:35 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You point out something that many are choosing to forget - GPS was hired to do "opposition research" on Donald Trump during the Republican primary - nothing unusual in that, most Political Campaigns do "opposition research". "Opposition Research" is defined as digging into information from the past to find "dirt" or something a candidate would not like the public to know".
It was McCain. He essentially admitted as much in January. And he was probably aware of what the Dems were doing with Fusion GPS. If true hopefully he stays alive long enough to be charged with his connection to all of this.

Senator John McCain admits handing Donald Trump-Russia dossier to FBI

The long-time critic of the Republican leader was reportedly made aware of claims by a former British diplomat posted in Moscow

Senator John McCain admits handing Donald Trump-Russia dossier to FBI | The Independent

Old 10-26-2017, 06:40 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
So is the left telling us it's ok to collude with the Russians to influence an election as long as you do it through a third party? Unless that third party is wikileaks? It's not the collusion that's wrong, it's more of a procedural thing? If this is all just "thread the needle" stuff going on here then what's the big deal? I mean there hasn't even been real proof that Trump has colluded with anyone, never mind that he used improper procedure when doing so.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:02 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So I am wondering how any of this is crime-worthy? Both sides do it; it is always generally kept quiet as far as the public. Now it's out there and, yes, it unsavory that all this goes on ON BOTH SIDES..but I guess I am asking "what am I missing?" This board seems to be in a frenzy this morning that some crime was committed by the DNC?
Yeah. What's that about anyway?

How is it a crime for the DNC or even Clinton herself to hire a Washington firm to do opposition research?

Old 10-26-2017, 07:15 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
So is the left telling us it's ok to collude with the Russians to influence an election as long as you do it through a third party? Unless that third party is wikileaks? It's not the collusion that's wrong, it's more of a procedural thing? If this is all just "thread the needle" stuff going on here then what's the big deal? I mean there hasn't even been real proof that Trump has colluded with anyone, never mind that he used improper procedure when doing so.
No, it is not okay to collude with the Russians to influence an election.

Wikileaks is not an innocent third party. It is a Russian operation. Wikileaks' physical DNS server location and IP address is with a Russian web host.

As to proof, team Mueller is getting that organized at the present moment. Whether Trump is involved or not remains to be seen. But there is evidence that those around him -- Manafort, Flynn, Carter, Stone, Kushner... -- were playing footsies with the Russians.

Last I read, Trump was not under investigation.

Though it sure doesn't look good that Trump handed over classified intel to Russian spies, or that he stated he fired the FBI Director over the Russian business, or that he is refusing to implement the Russian sanctions Congress passed, or ...

Old 10-26-2017, 07:49 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Wikileaks was once hosted by Amazon's servers. Their servers are spread over different countries, including the Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, etc. Their IP address is in the Netherlands.

There is so far nothing of substance to the Russia hack or the collusion stories. It's been debunked repeatedly.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:07 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
McCain is such a pathetic pile of $#@&. He's a disgrace to the service and a traitor to the country.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
It was McCain. He essentially admitted as much in January. And he was probably aware of what the Dems were doing with Fusion GPS. If true hopefully he stays alive long enough to be charged with his connection to all of this.

Senator John McCain admits handing Donald Trump-Russia dossier to FBI

The long-time critic of the Republican leader was reportedly made aware of claims by a former British diplomat posted in Moscow

Senator John McCain admits handing Donald Trump-Russia dossier to FBI | The Independent
What would Senator McCain be charged with?

He has a responsibility to protect the country from foreign interference.

So, again, what would he be charged with?

Old 10-26-2017, 08:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
McCain is such a pathetic pile of $#@&. He's a disgrace to the service and a traitor to the country.
The man who swore to defend the Constitution and attempted to do so by alerting the FBI of possible collusion with a foreign nation is the traitor?

Y'all have some interesting ideas about what constitutes defending this country.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:48 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So I am wondering how any of this is crime-worthy? Both sides do it; it is always generally kept quiet as far as the public. Now it's out there and, yes, it unsavory that all this goes on ON BOTH SIDES..but I guess I am asking "what am I missing?" This board seems to be in a frenzy this morning that some crime was committed by the DNC?
I don't think any of it is "crime worthy" - the FEC is investigating the Clinton Campaign payments (Millions) to Fusion GPS that were never reported to them, but I've never seen anything more that a Fine result from shenanigans at the FEC. As you say - "opposition research" is common in all campaigns and Political Parties.

The famous "dossier" that the Leftist Media and Democrats have been yammering about since December 2016 was written and financed by a Clinton Campaign Contractor -- and then the Clinton Campaign has denied having anything to do with it. That's not "illegal" (although a private citizen probably can find a Lawsuit for Defamation) - but it's pretty scummy. To my knowledge, none of it has proven to be true.
The issue is not going to be "criminal" but goes to Ethics and Trust.

I would remind everyone that the Obama Birther thing also started with the Clinton campaign in 2008 during that election as "opposition research".

The case here is the Uranium One deal -- lot of "crime-worthy" in that and the biggest part of it will not be the Bribery deal to the Clinton Foundation, but the Certification of the Uranium One sale. That is dependent on what evidence this informant has and the inevitable paper trail on a deal this large.

It will concern a Law called FINSA (Foreign Investment National Security Act 2007) and more importantly - the determination of The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) on the Uranium One sale.

CFIUS is the key, because of the level of the Committee (almost every important person in the Administration) and why they signed off on it. This is National Security stuff and the Law is clear on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies