Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 06:48 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,352,011 times

Advertisements

From the Washington Examiner :

President Trump’s push to build on the nation’s financial recovery has won solid support from Americans, giving his handling of the economy a higher approval rating the the average of his five predecessors.

Gallup on Thursday said, “He has averaged a 48 percent approval rating for handling the economy thus far in office, which exceeds the combined average 45 percent economic approval for his five immediate predecessors across their entire terms

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...on-bush-reagan

This is why the left and the MSM keep focusing on the Russian fairy tale. They hate Trump’s popularity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 06:53 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,985,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

President Trump’s push to build on the nation’s financial recovery has won solid support from Americans, giving his handling of the economy a higher approval rating the the average of his five predecessors.

Gallup on Thursday said, “He has averaged a 48 percent approval rating for handling the economy thus far in office, which exceeds the combined average 45 percent economic approval for his five immediate predecessors across their entire terms

This is why the left and the MSM keep focusing on the Russian fairy tale. They hate Trump’s popularity.
There were two mega recessions during that period. But I don’t expect much critical thought from the Cult.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:54 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,085,979 times
Glass half empty -- a booming economy and 47 per cent of people don't approve of his handling of the economy.

That's like a sports team being in first place and almost half of the fans think the coach is lousy....lol.

WINNING?!!!!

Obama had to deal with the biggest crash any of us have seen (I assuming few of us were around for the Great Depression -- lol).....you better hope his numbers were worse than Trump's.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:54 AM

27,715 posts, read 16,213,676 times
But he called omarosa a dog.... Which i don’t think matters to anyone outside the tds crowd. Never mind the whinebabies with bottles half empty. No cure fore tds.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:55 AM

30,593 posts, read 19,319,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

Trump is crushing it every day and I'm loving it and the Left hates so much great success for America and Americans, it's the last thing they wanted to happen, greatness.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:01 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,971,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Glass half empty -- a booming economy and 47 per cent of people don't approve of his handling of the economy.
That's because these folks will NEVER be happy regardless of what Trump does. They just want him gone. These are the same idiots rooting for the economy to collapse. Tells you all you really need to know about this sorry group of perpetually pissed off babies.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:02 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,131,467 times
Boom! Presidents don't “ handle” economies.

The very existence of a President is antithetical to a free-market economy.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:06 AM

11,239 posts, read 8,332,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

That's like a sports team being in first place and almost half of the fans think the coach is lousy....lol.

WINNING?!!!!

Obama had to deal with the biggest crash any of us have seen (I assuming few of us were around for the Great Depression -- lol).....you better hope his numbers were worse than Trump's.
Good analogy. Perhaps generous, but good.

His Presidency like the New England Patriots (only not nearly as good of a record), sure they have some good numbers, but then it's revealed that they deflated their opponents footballs and illegally spied on their opponents to get that record. Any success (as few as there are in reality) that Trump can claim has a big fat Asterisk beside it, just like the legacy of Tom Brady and the NE Patriots.

I was thinking about this last night. My fiance still supports Trump. We don't talk about politics at all. But I wonder what her feelings will be in 15 years. I'm betting, when she sees it all unfold, she'll have to admit "I told her so".

Old 08-17-2018, 07:12 AM

45,290 posts, read 26,536,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Boom! Presidents don't “ handle” economies.

The very existence of a President is antithetical to a free-market economy.
Yeah in a country with 320 million, there are 320 million separate economies. Thinking one person could/should handle them is a fallacy on steroids, but people keep looking for that one good and wise king to improve their own lot in life.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:17 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,085,979 times
I'm not so sure there will be negative impact in 15 years.

Look at the 2008 economic crash, Within 2 years we started to show positive job growth and have for the last 8 years -- that's amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies