Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 03:02 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,912,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Truly said. It is well to remember that if Clarence Thomas looked like Denzell Washington, we'd never have heard of Anita Hill.

What a disgusting thing to say.
Yeah
It seems to stick in the craw of some people that women can be selective about who does and doesn't touch their bodies.

I mean, think about Yeledaf's comment.

What is being suggested other than that it's somehow hypocritical of women to be upset when a man they don't want to touch them since they don't mind being touched by men they want to touch them. It's disturbing

Last edited by CBeisbol; 10-27-2017 at 04:29 PM..

Old 10-27-2017, 03:27 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,824,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If you think Anita Hill was lying, was Angela Wright also a liar. She was subpoenaed and waiting in a hotel room to testify. She was never called because of concerns that she had been fired by Thomas. She and Anita Hill did not know each other, but the story was the same.
Yeah like I said, I think she was lying because there was just no patterns compared to the Bill Clinton/Bill Cosby/Weinstein bunch who literally had DOZENS of woman complain. And you have to be aware that politicians against his nominations, including private detectives hired by these politicians, were looking in every nook and cranny for any additional proof of harassment at the time.

I am familiar with the Angela Wright claim that Thomas asked her out on a date and made some comments. No the story was not the same. She also made a statement, even as an employee that was indeed fired and obviously held a grudge, that "she did not feel his behavior was intimidating nor did she feel sexually harassed". If that's the best those investigating him could do, well then, yeah Anita Hill was a liar because other than that - zilch.

And lets face it, he has been practicing on the supreme court for about 25 years, certainly with a number of female staff members and interns...and yet no other claims.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:28 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,213,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
George H.W. Bush knew what he was doing. The fact that he is old and wheelchair-bound (and not a physical threat) doesn't excuse his behavior. If you notice, he doesn't put his hands on the backside of the men who are posing for pictures with him. Moreover, the things he's alleged to say before "moving in" show a perverted state of mind. The next time that Bush 43 opens up his mouth to criticize President Trump after refusing to criticize Barack Hussein Obama, I hope everyone tells him that he should be monitoring his father to stop his sexual assaults instead.
You are not talking about the issue, you are promoting Trump.... ((surprised!!!... we see right through it. your spelling out Obama's entire name, is done with a purposefully intent to slant, because you want to promote your intent to play on the Trump angle of not considering him a citizen, and you certainly made sure not to refer to him in his honorable title of president. )

Old 10-27-2017, 03:45 PM

30,566 posts, read 18,069,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
You are not talking about the issue, you are promoting Trump.... ((surprised!!!... we see right through it. your spelling out Obama's entire name, is done with a purposefully intent to slant, because you want to promote your intent to play on the Trump angle of not considering him a citizen, and you certainly made sure not to refer to him in his honorable title of president. )
What a loony response. I spelled out Barry's full name for emphasis. If you followed my postings, you'll see that I soundly criticized and rejected birthers. But isn't a ***** that the left is so out there that you can't say the full name of a former president without being called a racist, etc.? Give me a break. Btw, I didn't refer to Bush 41 and 43 as "president" either (must be a conspiracy ) and you won't see me refer to Bill Clinton as one either.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:11 PM

23,841 posts, read 14,968,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah like I said, I think she was lying because there was just no patterns compared to the Bill Clinton/Bill Cosby/Weinstein bunch who literally had DOZENS of woman complain. And you have to be aware that politicians against his nominations, including private detectives hired by these politicians, were looking in every nook and cranny for any additional proof of harassment at the time.

I am familiar with the Angela Wright claim that Thomas asked her out on a date and made some comments. No the story was not the same. She also made a statement, even as an employee that was indeed fired and obviously held a grudge, that "she did not feel his behavior was intimidating nor did she feel sexually harassed". If that's the best those investigating him could do, well then, yeah Anita Hill was a liar because other than that - zilch.

And lets face it, he has been practicing on the supreme court for about 25 years, certainly with a number of female staff members and interns...and yet no other claims.

How about that other one? The one who wrote the book nobody bought.

Was he single when he worked with Anita Hill?

Ginny would not put up with it.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:14 PM

15,596 posts, read 10,340,827 times
I don't think GHWB assaulted her. He was in a wheelchair, almost 90, and his wife was there beside him. President Bush was using old man privilege and was not a threat to this young woman. He had no power over her.

I must admit, Bush's joke was lame and I would be pissed about him grabbing my butt. But, what he did doesn't go to level of sexual assault.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:38 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,041,319 times
You know the best thing about being an old old pervert?

Usually women won't punch you. I mean who punches an old man ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.