Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:58 PM

526 posts, read 386,066 times

Advertisements

CTRL-D

Saved for next time one of you liberals starts a "when did we stop valuing education in America" threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 04:29 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lot's of people brag about their Ivy League education. So what?
Most of them don't brag about it to prove that they didn't say something rude to a grieving widow, tho.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Wrong. People love to boast about the Ivy League educations. The only difference between them and Trump is you people hate Trump. Just admit it, it makes life much easier.
Seriously? I'd say that 99.9% of the people I know never mention their educational level, unless it is the topic under discussion.

ETA: I don't "hate" trump, but I am thoroughly disgusted by his character, attitude, and behavior. I am dismayed that the American people got saddled with him because he is incompetent, and is dragging this country down to the gutter. He is at the very core, an enemy of the constitution, and a clear and present danger to the security of this country's future. But if you think it is because I "hate" trump, go ahead and think that. Hope it makes you sleep better at night.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:36 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Unless they're insecure, and when they do, they refer to a post graduate degree. Not some BA.
Do you realize what a BA costs?

If your car cost that much, you'd brag about it.

Apparently having a jd degree does not guarantee competence or ethical behavior.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:39 PM

4,027 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Voters could see it. They knew what Trump was. It was no secret.

His supporters thought he would bully and con others to get them what they wanted. He was going to work some tariff/tax con job that would bring back their high-paying, low-skilled jobs. He would run off the Mexicans and they'd get all those high-paying, low-skilled jobs. He would put women and blacks in their place and white men would reign supreme again.

Somehow it didn't sink in that he was a con man not a wizard.
He might be in the running to be a Grand Wizard, however......

Old 10-25-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
CTRL-D

Saved for next time one of you liberals starts a "when did we stop valuing education in America" threads.
hmmm... I still value education. It is unfortunate that trump didn't value it enough for it to affect him in any way.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:55 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
People who are truly intelligent don't have to keep telling you they're intelligent. You can tell they're intelligent from listening to them speak.

Which is why Trump has to keep telling us.

The problem is, we've heard him speak. We know better.
Funny, that's EXACTLY how liberals behave all the time. Liberals can't go 10 seconds without bragging about how much smarter and better educated they are than everyone else.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:57 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Lot's of people brag about their Ivy League education. So what?
Most people don’t. That’s what.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:58 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
People who are truly intelligent don't have to keep telling you they're intelligent. You can tell they're intelligent from listening to them speak.

Which is why Trump has to keep telling us.

The problem is, we've heard him speak. We know better.
He has words! The best words! He knows more than the Generals do! He's SO smart - he learned his foreign policy from watching 'the shows'.

Healthcare gonna be easy! Gonna defeat ISIS in 30 days! Gonna have a beautiful health plan in place on Day 1!

Old 10-25-2017, 04:58 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Do you realize what a BA costs?

If your car cost that much, you'd brag about it.

Apparently having a jd degree does not guarantee competence or ethical behavior.
So that’s all a BA is to you? Something to be bought like a commodity?

And I can assure you that getting a JD from Harvard or Yale indicates a certain level of competence, though you are very correct that it doesn’t guarantee ethical behavior. However, need I remind you that it was Trump who suggested that his Ivy League Bachelor’s degree was one of the things that made him a civil person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies