Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 11:16 AM

68,298 posts, read 54,154,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Everybody is different. Most of the people I know use MJ as an occasional stress-relief, so a few times a month, max. Personally, I have a vaporizer I use before I go skiing (since I'm afraid of heights and it calms me enough to not be nearly as afraid). My dad has an infused hand lotion he uses daily to help with arthritis pain.

You also have to remember that there are hundreds of strands of MJ, each with their own effects. When I was going through my house-buying process this spring, I was stressed out and losing sleep. A lot of nights I'd end up taking an Ambien to finally fall asleep around 2-3AM. Did some reading, got a certain strand of MJ and vaped before my bed time. Fell right asleep. Other strands can make you feel more energized or more creative or whatnot.

Just curious if you ever had any 'adventures' with Ambien, I tend towards insomnia but based on some of the horror stories I've read about Ambien, I think I'd rather toss & turn. Virtually every pill I've tried, prescription or OTC for sleep gives me a hangover far worse than alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,566 posts, read 10,573,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It seems like they want to encourage the black market, 2 ounces a day for personal use is ludicrous.
That is a lot but the medical licenses are pretty loose.

12,601 posts, read 7,183,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Anyone who consumes a substance to alter their state of reality is a loser.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
I think it depends on who you are. I'd say none of my friends who I know occasionally use MJ would go black market. First off, we don't know anybody, nor want to know dealers. Second off, we don't use MJ enough to mind an extra $10 or something. Plus dispensaries have a huge selection. I'd assume your neighborhood dealer wouldn't have much of a selection.
That is another big reason. The shops have an abundance of strains for users to choose from.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Just curious if you ever had any 'adventures' with Ambien, I tend towards insomnia but based on some of the horror stories I've read about Ambien, I think I'd rather toss & turn. Virtually every pill I've tried, prescription or OTC for sleep gives me a hangover far worse than alcohol.
My wife had nightmares on Ambien. No thank you.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:18 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,323,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The black market is doing great in Colorado, and its because legal pot + tax is so much more expensive. You have revenues because the tax is high, so if you cut the taxes, you will cut the revenues, which is the biggest selling point of the legalizers.
The bolded statement above shows just how out of touch you are. Legalization was NEVER about revenues.

I have tried to get this through your head before, but of course, no way. But I will again beat my head against the proverbial brick wall and tell you it is about Harm Reduction. Harm Reduction, Finn. Prohibition is causing much more damage to the citizens of our country than the plant ever could.

But of course, Harm Reduction doesn't fit into your black-and-white way of thinking.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
The bolded statement above shows just how out of touch you are. Legalization was NEVER about revenues.

I have tried to get this through your head before, but of course, no way. But I will again beat my head against the proverbial brick wall and tell you it is about Harm Reduction. Harm Reduction, Finn. Prohibition is causing much more damage to the citizens of our country than the plant ever could.
Revenue is just a bonus!

Old 10-26-2017, 11:28 AM

1,330 posts, read 694,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
My wife had nightmares on Ambien. No thank you.
Quote:
It's totally person dependent. I've never had an issue with Ambien. The first time I took it though, I was in my own house and I actually had a webcam record me so I could see the next morning if anything happened. Woke up the next morning, watched the 10 minute video of me sleeping to find nothing unusual. It's worth a shot in a controlled environment. If it works, great. If not, then no loss.

I originally got them because I travel internationally 1-2x per year and trying to adjust to a 9-12 hour time zone change (depending on where I traveled to) would mean little sleep for the first few days. Ambien knocks me out and helps me adjust. I do know they are habit-forming, which is why when I was having issues with insomnia this spring, I looked for a non-habit forming way. Luckily, after we closed on our house, I had no issues sleeping without any aids.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:46 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,183,320 times
Quote:
I had quite an adventure. I apparently not only slept walk, but tried to mow our side lawn. In boxers. Fortunately I didn't get the mower going.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:18 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Share your personal opinions with those who keep talking about the huge tax revenues it brings in, as if that was a good reason to legalize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies