Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:50 PM

526 posts, read 383,911 times

Advertisements

I like it, certainly keeps the competition down for higher paying jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 03:52 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,589,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I just finished writing a series of articles on the uses of CBD. From my research, you are correct. CBD has very few side effects, mainly dry mouth and slightly lowered blood pressure. Yet, it can be used to treat conditions for which traditional medicines have serious side effects. For example, CBD has been shown to relieve the symptoms of ADD and ADHD - both of which are traditionally treated with costly "speed" medicines that turn our kids into walking zombies. There is some fantastic research being done which shows a lot of promise for conditions like epilepsy (known to be treatable with CBD), multiple sclerosis (again, known to be treatable with CBD), and diabetes (looks very promising) as well (does anyone else pronounce that as "diabeetus" because of the old Wilford Brimley commercials?). CBD has been shown to slow the growth of cancer cells and alleviate the effects of chemotherapy, as well. Overall, there is a lot of potential and as you said CBD doesn't cause any sort of intoxication or cognitive impairment.

All that being said, yeah, I think the fact that a plant that has very limited risks is illegal while big pharma and the alcohol sellers get away with peddling poison is a bit ridiculous.
Coming from someone who suffers from seizures, you are correct. CBD has helped me tremendously over the last two years or so. I used to have seizures about once a week or a hair more, and now it is down to about once every 6 months or so. Started with pot, I won't lie, but have transitioned to CBD with no ill effects and the same positive ones. Now my husband has started using it as well, to help with his hectic work life.

Personally, I believe the only reason it is even illegal is because there are many people who make a ton of money by keeping it illegal. Legalize it and let's move on.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:53 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,589,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
I like it, certainly keeps the competition down for higher paying jobs.
Not true at all bud. I know about 5-6 people who smoke on a regular basis, and all of them are working white collar jobs making good money. Your ignorance is showing.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:53 PM

76,991 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Marijuana has shown tremendous benefits in the medical field, specifically with regards to pain relief and anxiety. The data is pouring in and it is showing without a doubt the benefits.
Data has already poured in showing it can cause anxiety, panic attacks, psychosis, mental illness and severe heart arrhythmia in some people. It is obviously not as harmless as the legalizers would want you to think. Down here in Miami/Ft Lauderdale area we no longer lock people up for it, we just give them a ticket ($100 more or less) for possession of small amounts. That seems to work fine. It is still illegal, which helps keep teenage use down.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:55 PM

526 posts, read 383,911 times
Wow, that website has lots of interesting polls. Like this one; Poll: Americans overwhelmingly oppose sanctuary cities | TheHill

"An overwhelming majority of Americans believe that cities that arrest illegal immigrants for crimes should be required to turn them over to federal authorities. A survey from Harvard–Harris Poll provided exclusively to The Hill found that 80 percent of voters say local authorities should have to comply with the law by reporting to federal agents the illegal immigrants they come into contact with"

Old 10-25-2017, 03:56 PM

937 posts, read 922,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Data has already poured in showing it can cause anxiety, panic attacks, psychosis and mental illness in some people. It is obviously not as harmless as the legalizers would want you to think. Down here in Miami/Ft Lauderdale area we no longer lock people up for it, we just give them a ticket ($100 more or less) for possession of small amounts. That seems to work fine. It is still illegal, which helps keep teenage use down.
CBD is mostly harmless. THC, not surprisingly, can cause anxiety, panic attacks and psychosis...
Having tried both, I can tell you first hand that there's a MAJOR difference between high-THC dosage and high-CBD dosage...

Pure statistics have their flaws.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Wow, that website has lots of interesting polls. Like this one; Poll: Americans overwhelmingly oppose sanctuary cities | TheHill

"An overwhelming majority of Americans believe that cities that arrest illegal immigrants for crimes should be required to turn them over to federal authorities. A survey from Harvard–Harris Poll provided exclusively to The Hill found that 80 percent of voters say local authorities should have to comply with the law by reporting to federal agents the illegal immigrants they come into contact with"
Of course. If they are arrested for crimes, they should pay for it. That has never been the issue. The issue is what to do with those whose only infraction is being in the country illegally, which is not a crime, but a civil infraction.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:57 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,351,349 times
Quote:

Common sense prevails. It takes a deluded mind to actually believe that criminals shouldn't have to pay for their crimes. What the Democrats are pushing here, is the enforcement of laws for American citizens and a free pass for illegals. The logic is nonsensical and anyone with even half a brain knows this!

Old 10-25-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
CBD is mostly harmless. THC, not surprisingly, can cause anxiety, panic attacks and psychosis...
Having tried both, I can tell you first hand that there's a MAJOR difference between high-THC dosage and high-CBD dosage...

Pure statistics have their flaws.
The poll was not about legalizing only CBD, but 'marijuana'.

Some medical variants have already been legalized even here in Florida, although our State Congress has refused to make it available to the people who it was intended for.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:10 PM

10,348 posts, read 3,930,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Poll: 64 percent of Americans support legalizing marijuana | TheHill

It looks like nearly two-thirds of Americans support legalization and around half of Republicans do. When are we going to stop wasting millions of dollars in resources against a plant that is less harmful than alcohol? I understand that people may have religious objections to using it or may simply not like it. However, there is no reason for it to remain illegal.
I don't even use the stuff, and I think it should be legalized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies