Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:31 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Hollywood actors made themselves role models but they are just people who be better to act that they can be something else then what the really are an d most of them are just good at that one thing.

Many are not able to deal with the fact that they are so boring and dumb that they seek the bottle Or pills to be able to act like they are nice and interesting people we all will like.

Most of their spouses can't even stick it out for more than a few years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 07:27 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Would you support the US extraditing an American to NK?
So the United States is comparable to North Korea? I don’t think so. The guy was indicted for rape and became a fugitive when he left the United States. It wasn’t a death penalty offense. I do understand not wanting to extradite for a death penalty offense if they feel so strongly about it and the person is not a US citizen, though I don’t understand why they would want a murderer walking around unpunished. But hey, as long as they are never allowed to come back here, more power to them.

But these countries often refuse to extradite US citizens, which is bizarre in my opinion.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:58 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So the United States is comparable to North Korea? .

But these countries often refuse to extradite US citizens, which is bizarre in my opinion.
We have some of the worst prisons in the civilized world. The US virtually allows rape and attacks in their jails...that is, they don't even cover the basics of protecting the prisoner.

That alone - let alone capital punishment - would give civilized countries hesitation.

We like to think we are King of the Hill of civilization..but we are FAR from it. We jail a larger % of our population than any other country on the planet...and often in poor conditions.

It's a disgrace and I support these other countries applying pressure until we fix the basics.
Remember - no cruel and unusual punishment? I think it's in the constitution. I'd say getting regularly raped and shived is cruel and unusual.

While I don't like seeing criminals get away with stuff, the larger picture is the 100's of thousands we are allowing to suffer in our overcrowded and uncontrolled prisons.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:51 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We have some of the worst prisons in the civilized world. The US virtually allows rape and attacks in their jails...that is, they don't even cover the basics of protecting the prisoner.

That alone - let alone capital punishment - would give civilized countries hesitation.

We like to think we are King of the Hill of civilization..but we are FAR from it. We jail a larger % of our population than any other country on the planet...and often in poor conditions.

It's a disgrace and I support these other countries applying pressure until we fix the basics.
Remember - no cruel and unusual punishment? I think it's in the constitution. I'd say getting regularly raped and shived is cruel and unusual.

While I don't like seeing criminals get away with stuff, the larger picture is the 100's of thousands we are allowing to suffer in our overcrowded and uncontrolled prisons.
Suffer. lmao

Old 11-01-2017, 09:59 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
So the United States is comparable to North Korea? I don’t think so. The guy was indicted for rape and became a fugitive when he left the United States. It wasn’t a death penalty offense. I do understand not wanting to extradite for a death penalty offense if they feel so strongly about it and the person is not a US citizen, though I don’t understand why they would want a murderer walking around unpunished. But hey, as long as they are never allowed to come back here, more power to them.
I don't think you understand. To a large part of Europe (and to a minority of the US population) allowing the death penalty is as morally degenerate as allowing pedophilia. Until the US gets rid of the death penalty those countries will not extradite their citizens to the US. Thats how things are.

As for not extraditing US citizens, you're probably talking about Ira Einhorn or the abortion clinic killer? France didn't want to extradite them until they had assurances the death penalty would not be used.

As for Polanski: they offered to try Polanski in French courts, which is often done for other French citizens who are wanted fugitives in the US (the Germans do the same thing). The US said no as the LA County DA's office insisted on trying it themselves.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:10 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Are you making this stuff up?

From Dunkirk to Saving Private Ryan to thousands of other films, Hollywood has documented history....usually from a "freedom" angle as opposed to the opposite.

You must watch some strange flicks. Remember, that "male" couldn't be there if not for his MaMa.

BTW, are Toy Story and Cars Christian males?
Toy Story...single Mom of course conditioning the next generation to accept no father in the house.

Every children's story should have a mother and a father and it should be a healthy relationship. Even if they don't live in that ideal situation it should be displayed for them.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Toy Story...single Mom of course conditioning the next generation to accept no father in the house.

Every children's story should have a mother and a father and it should be a healthy relationship. Even if they don't live in that ideal situation it should be displayed for them.
By that logic then Walt Disney himself - whose films usually had kids raised by only one parent - was a dangerous radical SJW intent on undermining the family and tradition.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:46 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:

Well...its comparable insofar as other nations see our death penalty - cruel and unusual, inhumane punishment.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:48 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Suffer. lmao
Its clear you know not what you speak of.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:37 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL_mA9nZBDc

He may not have named names in this interview, but one thing he said was very telling. Using my googlfu, I disovered that the teenage soda pop club was run by Alphy Hoffman (a.k.a Ralph Kaufman) and a few other people involved in these parties thrown at this club... Randy Miller, Bobby Hoffman (a.k.a Bill Kaufman), Tony Burnham (a.k.a Donny Brascia), Ron Crimson (a.k.a John Grissom). That's five people...still trying to figure out the sixth and the most powerful person in the industry he is talking about.

Arion's Archaic Art: DAYS OF SCANDALS PAST

Also discovered a few other names...

David Nicksay

Brian Singer

and

David Geffen

I’m glad he finally named John Grissom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies