Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 09:30 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No he doesn't. I never believed in God, and aside from weddings and funerals, haven't set foot in a church since I was 13 years old. And I turned out just fine
I grew up Jewish, but we weren't practicing really, so I basically had a completely irreligious upbringing.

My husband comes from Mormon and Catholic stock, and as an adult, I accompanied him once to his family's church. Honestly, I didn't feel welcome at all. I felt like an outsider who was just not "in the club".

Personally, I think religion is quite the opposite of the "one size fits all" framework they often promulgate. It was just not a match in terms of my own beliefs, much less as a vehicle with which I'd deliver values to my children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 09:37 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Nah, I don't want to let others kill their kids. If you do, please leave. We want a civilized country.
Abortion has been around since ancient times. We legalized it because we are a civilized country and didn't want women to have back alley abortions. It abortion became illegal again that wouldn't stop it. Being a civilized country has made it safe for women.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:41 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
For a start bring your kids to church and teach them right and wrong.
Well, it didn't seem to work for you well, so I'm not optimistic about that being true....

Old 10-30-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Abortion has been around since ancient times. We legalized it because we are a civilized country and didn't want women to have back alley abortions. It abortion became illegal again that wouldn't stop it. Being a civilized country has made it safe for women.
Which should of course be common sense but all the insane people don't know that for some reason.

HEY EVERYBODY! If you want to ban abortions, I'm moving to Australia, and you people can stay here and have fun dodging all the Molotov cocktails, and fleeing from the angry mobs, and gaurding your canned food with your guns after the government gets blowed up by malcontents who would prefer an anarchy over a theocracy.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:52 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Abortion should be illegal for Republicans and required for Democrats.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Abortion should be illegal for Republicans and required for Democrats.
How about we abort you? Ultra late term abortion.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’ll say it again, in 100 years people will be absolutely disgusted at the thought of abortion.
LOL. Just curious, when do you think abortions started happening?

Old 10-30-2017, 10:00 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
How about we abort you? Ultra late term abortion.
If you can fit me in your uterus, you have every right to.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:33 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Answering

Answering ‘pro-birth, not pro-life’ criticism

There is such a disconnect. Pro-abortion supporters want the pro-life community to take care of other people’s children, yet they proudly support of the right of a mother to kill her own child. But the pro-life community does care for children of all ages.
Bethany Christian Services assist in adoption and foster care. They provide counseling to families, assist in refugees and immigrants resettling in the U.S. and partner with several countries to help keep families together.

Russell Moore, president of the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention and author of, “Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families and Churches says, “Christians and other pro-lifers are at the forefront of caring for orphans. This means not only empowering adoption but also being active in the foster-care system, in providing homes and resources for pregnant women in crisis, and in working to confront global poverty and disease, the root causes of much of the orphan crisis.” *What he is saying is that Christians are called to care for orphans, and thousands sacrificially give in this area.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
A civilized country that provides free healthcare and education for that child, right? And proper paid maternity leave for the mother to provide for the newborn, along with proper welfare for those who are forced to have that child but can not afford it so that child can receive a fair chance?

Who am I kidding. Naw, as soon as that baby is born, "It's the mother's problem" It's the American way!

And talking about civilized, yeah, let's ban all abortions. Let's go back to the high violence rates we had in the 70s, 80s and 90s before Roe vs Wade kicked in, reducing the number of unwanted children who grew up in poverty.
Save the Fetus/Screw the Child...the bumper sticker of the right wing anti-choicers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies