Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 08:18 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,377,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Yes, we throw it a big party every year. There's a cake and balloons and everything, and a bouncy house for the kids.
Yes, when the left openly congratulates and gloats over abortionists and key members of the abortion industry, I call that celebration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 08:18 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Seems to me that these people who want a mother to carry a baby to term don’t want this same mother to go on the welfare rolls. How much money are you willing to pony up to help support this child? Crickets. Just like I thought. It’s easy to talk crap about what you want other people to do. We don’t know this woman’s situation. Bottom line, It’s her decision...

Old 11-01-2017, 08:25 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
What is sickening about the left's attitude on abortion is that, as with all other topics, it's all or nothing. It's not enough to tolerate abortion in the very early weeks, yet condemn it. No, the Democrats must celebrate it, encourage it as a way of life and as just another day in the life of people.

That's right, Democrats celebrate abortion, which is the most offensive part.
What are you talking about? I've looked over this whole thread and all I've seen has pretty much been a bunch of insane people who think destroying embryos is the equivalent of murder, and pretty reasonable people who say "No, I don't think that is murder."

We haven't even gotten into topics that deserve to be discussed like whether or not late term pregnancy is acceptable, or whether the oncoming 20 week abortion ban that just passed in the house and might pass in the senate is good.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Seems to me that these people who want a mother to carry a baby to term don’t want this same mother to go on the welfare rolls. How much money are you willing to pony up to help support this child? Crickets. Just like I thought. It’s easy to talk crap about what you want other people to do. We don’t know this woman’s situation. Bottom line, It’s her decision...
if not wanting to pay for welfare, is justification, then clearly Democrats dont practice what they preach..

Old 11-01-2017, 08:33 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,377,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
What are you talking about? I've looked over this whole thread and all I've seen has pretty much been a bunch of insane people who think destroying embryos is the equivalent of murder, and pretty reasonable people who say "No, I don't think that is murder."

We haven't even gotten into topics that deserve to be discussed like whether or not late term pregnancy is acceptable, or whether the oncoming 20 week abortion ban that just passed in the house and might pass in the senate is good.
I'm talking about the attitude the Democrat party takes toward abortion. I think abortion should be legal in the first trimester, but shamed and discouraged. The Democrats in power, in the media, in pop culture all demand abortion to be legal right up until birth and will defend that 'right' at all costs. They celebrate the abortion industry and treat abortionists as celebrities.

If you want to discuss issues such as partial birth abortion the 20 week ban, shoot, we are all waiting.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:36 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,281,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post

91% of abortions happen within the first trimester...so yes, it's mostly an issue of a woman's right over her body. You could have discovered that with a 30 second google search.

Smack your bonehead all you want, brainiac. What does the timing of ending a life have to do with it? Does the fetus magically turn into a human fetus from a non human fetus in the 2nd trimester, so that it now has worth to you ?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Because my uterus is none of your business, and neither are my medical decisions.

I don't give a damn about your uterus. Get over that stupidity already. I only care about the life inside it that you want to have the say of life and death over because it might inconvenience you.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You want to have an honest conversation? Kids cost money, if a poor person gets pregnant, who obviously will not have the money to raise the kid, what then?

So your option is to simply let the poor women get pregnant as often as happens, then simply end the life because they cant think of any other way to deal with the issue?

Nice. Retroactive birth control .

Normal BC is one option. Adoption in the case of failed BC is another. Being an adult choosing to engage in an act that is liable to end in a pregnancy and accepting those consequences like an adult is yet another.

But no, lets just kill the fetus because it is an inconvenience.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm talking about the attitude the Democrat party takes toward abortion. I think abortion should be legal in the first trimester, but shamed and discouraged. The Democrats in power, in the media, in pop culture all demand abortion to be legal right up until birth and will defend that 'right' at all costs. They celebrate the abortion industry and treat abortionists as celebrities.

If you want to discuss issues such as partial birth abortion the 20 week ban, shoot, we are all waiting.
Shamed? Like making women who have abortions wear a scarlett A? Or just have their pictures up in the post office or something?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:56 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,181 times
EastwardBound, so you don't want to come to the big ticker-tape parade that "we" throw for 'abortionists" every year? it's a lot of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies