Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 01:27 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it seems to me that YOU are the one cherry picking things to fit your outlook.
That's funny because I see a ton of details in her post and all you have is a blanket dismissal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 01:59 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
it seems to me that YOU are the one cherry picking things to fit your outlook.
Nope I understand the science and how to interpret the data...how about you?

Old 11-02-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
That's funny because I see a ton of details in her post and all you have is a blanket dismissal.
Yep that's all they do...either cherry pick an event or blanket dismissal without any discussion.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yep that's all they do...either cherry pick an event or blanket dismissal without any discussion.
Don't forget googling up some thoughts someone else had on random ass blogs so they can regurgitate them word for word. Accusations of cherry picking are clearly projection.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Don't forget googling up some thoughts someone else had on random ass blogs so they can regurgitate them word for word. Accusations of cherry picking are clearly projection.
Googling thoughts from a random ass blog is one thing.

Googling data from reputable sites is another.

I've studied all of the climate science deniers tactics and cherry picking is one of their favorites. You will find them cherry picking out and blowing up one tiny outlier event to try and downplay global warming.

Here are a few of their tactics.

3 levels of cherry picking in a single argument

Old 11-02-2017, 02:11 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
You would think they might consider that God created the universe.
The universe shouldn’t exist, according to science | New York Post
Funny how former DNC chair woman is already throwing the book at Hillary. I guess, when Mueller was appointed and Donald Trump, Republicans as well as Hannity day in and out, where rebuking the accusations and asking for Clintons to be investigated, Donna knew, one day Mueller will come to her!

The first ones to stumble over or getting out of the way, pave the path going directly to HILLIARY who is at the center and top of this collusion!

For the liberals as well as republicans who believe that Hillary always will be protected, this might be the time that HILLIARY will no longer be protected!

Old 11-02-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Funny how former DNC chair woman is already throwing the book at Hillary. I guess, when Mueller was appointed and Donald Trump, Republicans as well as Hannity day in and out, where rebuking the accusations and asking for Clintons to be investigated, Donna knew, one day Mueller will come to her!

The first ones to stumble over or getting out of the way, pave the path going directly to HILLIARY who is at the center and top of this collusion!

For the liberals as well as republicans who believe that Hillary always will be protected, this might be the time that HILLIARY will no longer be protected!
WTF lol did you get confused which thread you were posting in?

Old 11-02-2017, 02:31 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
WTF lol did you get confused which thread you were posting in?
We do indeed live in an odd Universe!

lol

Old 11-02-2017, 03:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Nope I understand the science and how to interpret the data...how about you?
thing is that you warming alarmists are teh ones cherry picking the data. you pretty much only go back 150 or years. i on the other hand have actually LOOKED at the data from a variety of scientific disciplines that go back nearly 4 billion years and show that it has been far warmer in the past, as well as far colder in the past. the last two million years have been fairly consistent though, including this period of inter glaciation.

and as i have noted that there are many things that affect the climate of the planet, not just what man does, but again the alarmists tend to ignore things like that. something else that has never been explained by the alarmists, the other planets in the solar system are also warming, but for them apparently its all natural warming, but for the earth its man caused. care to try and explain that anomaly?

Old 11-02-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
thing is that you warming alarmists are teh ones cherry picking the data. you pretty much only go back 150 or years. i on the other hand have actually LOOKED at the data from a variety of scientific disciplines that go back nearly 4 billion years and show that it has been far warmer in the past, as well as far colder in the past. the last two million years have been fairly consistent though, including this period of inter glaciation.
This is laughable.

The earth is only about 4.55 Billion years old and back when the Earth formed the planet was not stable nor was the atmosphere or climate. So no duh the climate was not livable and fluctuated as the planet become stable.

You're still trying to spread this myth: Climate's changed before

I suggest you take the time to educate yourself: So why is the myth wrong?
Quote:
and as i have noted that there are many things that affect the climate of the planet, not just what man does, but again the alarmists tend to ignore things like that.
LOL I've been over this already. Let me elaborate more.
  • Volcanic CO2 has its own unique fingerprint as does Human produced CO2 via burning coal and oil and gas.
  • Volcanic CO2 is heavier. We can distinguish between the two when we look at them at the atomic level.
  • The measure amount of Human produced CO2 output tallies the true measured concentrations that we are seeing out of control.

Here is a very easy to understand video.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Simple Explanation of Climate Change
Quote:
something else that has never been explained by the alarmists, the other planets in the solar system are also warming, but for them apparently its all natural warming, but for the earth its man caused. care to try and explain that anomaly?
LOL another myth!

It is hard to understand how anyone could claim global warming is happening on Mars when we can’t even agree what’s happening on the planet we live on.

Perhaps you can learn why being on a planet with increasing greenhouse gases is troublesome. Ever hear of runaway greenhouse gases? Take a good look at Venus.

It's clear you have no understanding about climate change or even science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies