Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 07:45 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
some of the CIA & FBI documents that are being deemed as too sensitive to be released likely say "yep, we did it", they should have to release those too.
they fear the Americans knowing the truth, b/c then, all of a sudden, people would definately start saying, if those things happened back then, what are they doing now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 07:46 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
some of the CIA & FBI documents that are being deemed as too sensitive to be released likely say "yep, we did it", they should have to release those too.
and yes, I guess they are way too sensitive....people aren't stupid.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:29 AM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
They released nothing that gives us any clues as to who shot Kennedy, b/c whoever was responsible for John's death, also had Bobbie killed and John Jr.

Sorry, but what they released is garbage....has nothing to so with the murder of the Kennedy boys.

Everyone knows how the Presidents party, that's nothing new.
You are making assumptions without evidence.

And...

These files did have to do with the JFK assassination. This was part of the investigation into motives for Oswald or who if anyone at all put Oswald up to it.

Quote:
Or they are highly embarrassing for the US like specific agents and specific Cubans still alive who were paid to try and knock out Castro and Che, etc...and the US has an obligation to hide names of people or identifying tidbits to our past agents of nefarious deeds.

Do you think the JFK family wanted it airred in the Warren Commission public release that JFK used secret service to round up hookers and strippers for celebrity sex parties?

Old 10-27-2017, 08:33 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
I guess Trump's assertion that father of Senator Ted Cruz was involved in the JFK assassination had zero credibility.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:35 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
I'm thinking the reluctance to publish is partly that the FBI and CIA (and sekrit departments) still use the same methods as back then and don't want it to be revealed that they were clumsy then and they're clumsy now.
"You can't fix clumsy"

Old 10-27-2017, 08:36 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
I really doubt Oswald could pull this off on his own. The fact he was killed by a mob connected henchman tells me the mafia was at least partially involved. It is well know the CIA was using the mob to plan to assassinate Castro, and had used the mob (Lucky Luciano) previously in WWII for things like the NYC dock union cooperation.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:05 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Much to do about nothing. Lee Harvey was a goof who acted alone.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:10 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I really doubt Oswald could pull this off on his own. The fact he was killed by a mob connected henchman tells me the mafia was at least partially involved. It is well know the CIA was using the mob to plan to assassinate Castro, and had used the mob (Lucky Luciano) previously in WWII for things like the NYC dock union cooperation.
And there were at least two previous assassination plans--they didn't involve Oswald. Apparently there was a plan to get him in Chicago and then another plan for Florida. I've read that in several credible places. CIA using the mob to do it and then pinning it all on some clueless fool.

Seems that the CIA was deeply involved in assassination plots. I never used to believe these things but they actually did try to kill Fidel Castro by having someone put poison into his drink. JFK knew about the plots to kill Castro so I guess assassination plots were common knowledge among those in power.

Assassination seemed to be the "go to" solution when things weren't going your way. JFK went along with it when it pertained to Castro--little did he know that those same powers could turn on him, making him the target. And he stepped on enough toes to infuriate plenty of people with his obsession with womanizing--and discussing top secrets while in bed with these women, his attempts to destroy the Mafia (who had helped get him elected in the first place), his botched Cuban invasion, probably wanting to decrease the military involvement in Viet Nam.

Problem was--he came from a very rich, entitled family and his father was a fairly well known, money hungry corrupt crook who thought he was above the law. So JFK must have figured he could get away with anything. Kennedys are like that--still are. JFK thought he could do what he wanted as president but this time he didn't get away with it.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:12 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I guess Trump's assertion that father of Senator Ted Cruz was involved in the JFK assassination had zero credibility.
Yeah now Cruz can go kiss the ring of Don POTUS.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:25 AM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How is it so difficult for Oswald to pull off?

He literally worked at the book depository where he fired the shots (and brought a long thin package to work that morning).

Contrary to conspiracy theorists he was highly trained with that rifle at longer distances than the distance of the shots and was aiming at a slow moving target literally driving by his workplace.

The parade route was announced we'll in advance.

How is this difficult to pull off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies