Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 12:18 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What? So you KNOW he was the loan shooter? Hmmmm, must be nice to be all knowing. Please do tell.
No, it was his brother, The Loan Arranger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 12:20 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post

Well you got me. I misspelled a word. Feel better?

Old 10-27-2017, 12:38 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I bet it isn't any threat at all! They (CIA and whoever else) just don't want to own up to what they did. Why did they do it at all? Supposedly the CIA was upset that JFK wasn't doing enough to stop Fidel Castro and his Communism in Cuba. They had tried to poison Castro but it didn't work. (IIRC, it was a pill in a beverage but someone found it first?)

Don't know how much of it was about Cuba and how much was about the Kennedys helping Blacks, how much was about the mob getting JFK electing and then he tried to destroy them. Very complex times.

Most experts say it was a coup d'etat/a takeover of our government. The Powers that Be must have thought things were heading in the wrong direction and the only way to fix it was to take him out.

But who were these powers? Why must they still be protected? A few years ago a member of the Kennedy family said publicly that the family knows it was a conspiracy and that they cannot say anymore than that. Why not? Who is being protected? They still won't tell us the truth and they are still trying to cover something up or protect people. The Kennedy family is still afraid to speak up--a lot of people who did speak up in the past ended up dead--mysterious deaths.
Kennedy said he was going to break the CIA into a thousand pieces.
He was secretly talking peace with the Russians.
He was going to withdraw from Vietnam.

WHO had the most to gain from POTUS's death? The primary suspects are always close business associates--LBJ--and family--Bobby and Jackie.
Jackie and Bobby had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

LBJ hated Jack and Bobby, Jack and Bobby hated LBJ and constantly made fun of him. It's possible they were going to dump him for the 1964 campaign.

LBJ was an ethics-free political opportunist, corrupt as you can be, a physical bully, a philanderer, and an active alcoholic whose goal was power and money.

CIA has been rogue at least since Eisenhower's day. They lied to Ike about U2 flights and likely were responsible for the timing of fateful Mayday Francis Gary Powers flight that was shot down and which therefore totally mucked up the scheduled summit and peace talks. Set those back 20 years. Khruschev had little choice in how he reacted.

The first round clearly hit JFK from the front. Lee Harvey was reported to be a CIA double agent. He also said "I'm a patsy!" which I find quite believable. Find a patsy, kill him, problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My dad was CIA at that time and said the exact same thing. He knew, but said he would take it to his grave, which unfortunately he did.
Too bad he didn't slip you a hermetically sealed envelope. LBJ + CIA?

Old 10-27-2017, 12:52 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Loan Shark

Old 10-27-2017, 01:02 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Kennedy said he was going to break the CIA into a thousand pieces.
He was secretly talking peace with the Russians.
He was going to withdraw from Vietnam.

WHO had the most to gain from POTUS's death? The primary suspects are always close business associates--LBJ--and family--Bobby and Jackie.
Jackie and Bobby had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

LBJ hated Jack and Bobby, Jack and Bobby hated LBJ and constantly made fun of him. It's possible they were going to dump him for the 1964 campaign.

LBJ was an ethics-free political opportunist, corrupt as you can be, a physical bully, a philanderer, and an active alcoholic whose goal was power and money.

CIA has been rogue at least since Eisenhower's day. They lied to Ike about U2 flights and likely were responsible for the timing of fateful Mayday Francis Gary Powers flight that was shot down and which therefore totally mucked up the scheduled summit and peace talks. Set those back 20 years. Khruschev had little choice in how he reacted.

The first round clearly hit JFK from the front. Lee Harvey was reported to be a CIA double agent. He also said "I'm a patsy!" which I find quite believable. Find a patsy, kill him, problem solved!

Too bad he didn't slip you a hermetically sealed envelope. LBJ + CIA?
yeah, I think it was LBJ.....

always have....

they don't want the Americans to know....how corrupt they are and were....

have you ever googled and listened to JFK's last speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdMbmdFOvTs

Old 10-27-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Well you got me. I misspelled a word. Feel better?
Everybody needs a hobby.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:13 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Everybody needs a hobby.
I heard Oswald had some bad LONES so that's why he did it.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I heard Oswald had some bad LONES so that's why he did it.
You guys think the loner shot the boner?

Old 10-27-2017, 01:47 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
You left out one important part from my statement. ON HIS OWN. I don't think Oswald had the smarts, motivation, or moxie to do this unless motivated by someone else. He MAY have been the loan shooter, but I believe that others were in the planning, and as he said, "I'm just a patsy".

I have shot a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle. Oswalds was a surplus gun with a cheap scope. All I could get out of it was about 4 - 5 inch groups at 100 yards, and that was bench rested with a stationary target. It is no sniper rifle, but more of a battle carbine. Yes, just one example of the rifle, but I have read others with similar experiences.

Was Lee Harvey Oswald an Expert Marksman? : The JFK Assassination
Oswald didn't have the smarts?!

How intelligent do you have to be to do what he did?

The parade route was public information, it went immediately in front of his place of work. EVERYONE INCLUDING HIS BOSS was talking for days about the president driving by in the parade and what it would mean for the work day. How smart do you have to be to listen to your coworkers and BOSS about a parade?

He wrapped up his gun in a package and brought it into work and snuck off during the parade and fired 3 shots from inside his work building.

Tell me, what specifically is so tough for 1 person to Do? How is this too much planning for 1 guy? What is elaborate?

As to the points of firing the gun....

The tree only obscured the first shot, which missed. Photographic and computer model evidence both support this.

He fired 3 shots in about 9 seconds, which is 4.5 seconds between shots. ABC had an old man get off 3 aimed shots in under 7 seconds.

He also fired a shot at general walker earlier that year, which matched ballistic tests to JFK and his gun.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:57 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Much to do about nothing. Lee Harvey was a goof who acted alone.
Ha ha ha. Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies