Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 10:40 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,941,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I do not think Jesus would ask any of those questions. A 10 year old does not figure into our border arguments in any way.
Jesus would be able to heal the 10 year old on the spot. Since not too many of us have that ability, we have to make hard decisions. If we don't, we get to make even harder ones down the road.

And 10 year olds DO figure into border arguments--in every country--except maybe in the minds of folks like yourself who seem to think we have unlimited resources to do whatever we want. Children used as pawns by the globalist sociopaths and their media minons all the time. When you can't make rational arguments to advance your agenda, you have to resort to emotional ones.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The REAL heartlessness lies in Mexico, where the entrenched, corrupt elite won't give the poor and working classes any chance to move up.
Amen to that! But it's always America's fault. Didn't 'ya get that memo?

Old 10-30-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
As long as your argument isn't that we are a Chrisitian nation, I'm good with that.
I'm a Christian but I've certainly never said that. I believe in freedom of religion and freedom from it.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:47 PM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Melania is currently a US citizen. You can't deport citizens, no matter what you think (without evidence) they may or may have not done 20 years ago.
Happens all the time. Visa fraud means naturalization was gained under false pretenses means citizenship can be removed.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:51 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Jesus would be able to heal the 10 year old on the spot. Since not too many of us have that ability, we have to make hard decisions. If we don't, we get to make even harder ones down the road.

And 10 year olds DO figure into border arguments--in every country--except maybe in the minds of folks like yourself who seem to think we have unlimited resources to do whatever we want. Children used as pawns by the globalist sociopaths and their media minons all the time. When you can't make rational arguments to advance your agenda, you have to resort to emotional ones.
We are talking tax cuts so we must have plenty in resources.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Old 10-31-2017, 05:18 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
We are talking tax cuts so we must have plenty in resources.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

I love how liberals always find Jesus when it comes time to use tax payer money to make them feel like better people.

Always easier to "leave it to the government" than cracking open that wallet to start funding charities and healthcare costs of kids around the world, huh?

Bbbut.... JESUS!?!

Something conservatives and liberals need to learn (and the useless Pope sitting in the Vatican): Jesus is how you order your PERSONAL life, if you so choose. He does not inform how to run social policy for modern complex democracies.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:22 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I love how liberals always find Jesus when it comes time to use tax payer money to make them feel like better people.
I'm a Christian that believes in helping the less fortunate and being responsible with your obligations.

Quote:
Always easier to "leave it to the government" than cracking open that wallet to start funding charities and healthcare costs of kids around the world, huh?

Bbbut.... JESUS!?!

Something conservatives and liberals need to learn (and the useless Pope sitting in the Vatican): Jesus is how you order your PERSONAL life, if you so choose. He does not inform how to run social policy for modern complex democracies.
I'd say we have not done a very good job of that, being 20 trillion in debt and countless wars. If you see this as success, so be it.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
and freedom from it.
You believe you have the right to keep others from ever exposing you to it?

I believe anyone should have the right to put "Jesus saves", "Allah is the light", "I heart Moses" or anything like that on a billboard if they choose.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:32 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
I'm a Christian that believes in helping the less fortunate and being responsible with your obligations.
Good for you. I'm sure you are more than capable of spending your money to do that.

I have no such Christian obligation, so you'll excuse me from exempting myself from your religiously-driven beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp
I'd say we have not done a very good job of that, being 20 trillion in debt and countless wars. If you see this as success, so be it.
This has nothing to do with the quoted text you responded to.

My tax dollars don't exist to advance your religious imperative. And if it does, I want it to help US citizens first. Not Mexican nationals who come from a country that has hospitals and a healthcare system.

You or I stroll into a hospital and say, "take care of my sick kid"... and we'll be hit with lawsuits and judgments and wage garnishments that will follow us around for life when we decide not to pay. Illegal immigrants? Well, that's a different sit of standards and laws, eh?

Take the girl to Mexico City. Some very good hospitals there. Y'all act like she's just going to DIE or something. Travel a bit, will you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies