Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 10:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Until conservatives accept that we are not run by religion they will not change their behaviors.
If it was run by religion there would be no complaints about helping this girl.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:29 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Until conservatives accept that we are not run by religion they will not change their behaviors.
Changing the subject = nothing of substance to say. Immigration laws and religion are 2 different subjects.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I think we know the answer. Mexico won't pay for a wall, but they also won't pay the living expenses for the 10% of their entire population living here illegally...they don't pay for the millions of Medicaid babies born to illegal Mexican nationals. They don't pay for ****.
Yeah, can you imagine if Americans started moving to Mexico illegally and expecting Mexicans to pay our medical bills? They'd laugh in our faces while deporting us. But somehow the double standard is just fine with many.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmooky View Post
Immigration laws, be they here, Canada, Iceland, or Nigeria, literally have nothing to do with religion even in theocracies, and everything to do with finances and the use of the public treasury. I have a kid with CP, I’m sympathetic to the disability, but no country on earth has a duty to care for citizens that are not its own, especially if they have not established legal residency.

To work in the UK I’d have to establish fiscal independence. To work and live in Japan I’d have to do it too. And my disabled child wouldn’t be able to avail themselves of health care on the public dime in EITHER country even if I had legal residency. There are specific rules about that.

Don’t confuse partisanship for moral or even legal rightness on this issue. That muddies the waters and doesn’t deal with the facts of the case. If I went to Mexico for a dorsal rhizotomy for my son’s CP, I would still be breaking the law to stay beyond six months, even with a legal passport. And I’d be guilty of fraud if I tried collecting benefits and establishing a household without the proper documentation and approval of the Mexican government. It doesn’t matter that our medical treatment for disability is a fraction of the cost it is in America, or that I really want my kid to stay so we can have therapies and support we can’t afford in our home country. It’s illegal, and the government is well within their rights to enforce their laws in that area.

We literally have no expectation another country should behave on immigration as apparent we are supposed to, here in the US. It’s insanity, and has everything to do with the public treasury, providing first for our own citizens, and sovereignty of borders. That’s the case in South Africa, China, and France too.

The ideological blindness on this topic is just stupid. And it degrades the conversation into partisan talking points to misattritube the issues at hand to partisan talking points and who has the market cornered on compassion. It’s not about compassion, and that isn’t why immigration laws exist or have existed since the founding of this country.

You can make an argument for compassion in refugee laws and waivers, but that’s a separate issue. This family were not refugees.
The open border crowd needs to read this post about 1,000X.

The only thing I can add is that the global elite are more than happy to have a borderless world. These sociopaths care nothing about compassion. They just use us all as pawns in their ploy for total power and control. They are very eager to do away with the nation state, of which massive illegal immigration is but one aspect of their multifaceted plans.

Even liberals like Naomi Wolfe are talking about it (from a bout :40 to 7:00):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldc0k8e6aDI&t=569s

Old 10-29-2017, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We're stopping ambulances transporting sick children now. Be proud, Republicans! This is what you wrought.
Pretty much what every other country would do---Oh wait, no they wouldn't have. They would've never allowed massive illegal immigration in the first place.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:10 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
They sure showed that ten year old sick child who's boss.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:15 AM

12 posts, read 12,575 times
If they are illegal ship them back.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:16 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
They sure showed that ten year old sick child who's boss.
What is stopping you from paying for her treatment in her own country?

Oh, that's right, you want other Americans paying.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:47 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What is stopping you from paying for her treatment in her own country?

Oh, that's right, you want other Americans paying.
I pay taxes. And I'm sure the costs are probably less than a month of the Secret Service paying Trump to use his elevators.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I pay taxes. And I'm sure the costs are probably less than a month of the Secret Service paying Trump to use his elevators.
Yeah, just what I thought,you want others to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies