Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:24 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times

Advertisements

A 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy who entered the United States from Mexico without permission a decade ago is potentially facing deportation after having to go through a Border Patrol checkpoint in South Texas for emergency gallbladder surgery, a family lawyer said Thursday.

Rosa Maria Hernandez was brought to the United States illegally from Mexico in 2007 when she was 3 months old, according to her mother, Felipa de la Cruz, to get access to better medical care. The family lives in Laredo, Texas, and all are undocumented.

U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, a San Antonio Democrat, blamed the Trump administration for adopting "callous policies" toward immigrants.

Soooo... she's illegal and disabled. Went through a border checkpoint for emergency surgery. Then was detained because she has 0 legal status.

How is this Trumps fault? Aren't these laws on the books way before he came along?

I guess the taxpayers are fronting the bill?

Oh ya, Joaquin? Lets rephrase your tone of speech "ILLEGAL ALIEN". There ya go.

10-Year-Old Girl Is Detained By Border Patrol After Emergency Surgery : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 10-26-2017, 09:46 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Winning!

Old 10-26-2017, 10:05 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

How is this Trumps fault? Aren't these laws on the books way before he came along?
So then the decrease in illegal immigration we've been seeing cannot be credited toward Trump. Right? Surely you agree, as you'd be a hypocrite not to.

Per the issue, there's a limit to what law enforcement should be able to do. They were trying to keep her hospital door open so they could "keep an eye on her." It wasn't stated in the NPR article, but I've heard her ambulance was stopped so they could checker her immigration status; an ambulance should be allowed to go through quickly.

I also saw a story today where ICE agents entered private property without a warrant to check people's immigration status. When asked to leave, they refused.

Are we really ok with law enforcement behaving in this way? I for one am not.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:41 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Yes she looks like a real threat.

I thought ICE was going to focus on criminals, gang members, etc.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:53 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

Na thats what they just said remember trump is playing to his neo Nazi base

Old 10-27-2017, 05:04 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Maybe we need to hire more Border Patrol with a medical license so they can preform the needed surgery's illegals require. If they can be allowed to traffic in human organs and body parts as a way to pay for the wall the democrats might support the idea. That way families would not have to decide between getting life saving help, or being deported.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:18 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
So then the decrease in illegal immigration we've been seeing cannot be credited toward Trump. Right? Surely you agree, as you'd be a hypocrite not to.

Per the issue, there's a limit to what law enforcement should be able to do. They were trying to keep her hospital door open so they could "keep an eye on her." It wasn't stated in the NPR article, but I've heard her ambulance was stopped so they could checker her immigration status; an ambulance should be allowed to go through quickly.

I also saw a story today where ICE agents entered private property without a warrant to check people's immigration status. When asked to leave, they refused.

Are we really ok with law enforcement behaving in this way? I for one am not.

Wrong. The "hypocrisy" is in your mind.

The laws are long-standing laws. That's a fact. And just as self-deportation has been a phenomenon as new laws are proposed or introduced, or as administrations considered "unfriendly" take office, a substantial number of other countries' citizens decide not to enter the U.S. illegally.

There's nothing shocking--or unusual--about that, at all.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

Good point. We should bring over and treat every sick child from around the world.

Are you ready to pay for that?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:24 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy who entered the United States from Mexico without permission a decade ago is potentially facing deportation after having to go through a Border Patrol checkpoint in South Texas for emergency gallbladder surgery, a family lawyer said Thursday.

Rosa Maria Hernandez was brought to the United States illegally from Mexico in 2007 when she was 3 months old, according to her mother, Felipa de la Cruz, to get access to better medical care. The family lives in Laredo, Texas, and all are undocumented.

U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, a San Antonio Democrat, blamed the Trump administration for adopting "callous policies" toward immigrants.

Soooo... she's illegal and disabled. Went through a border checkpoint for emergency surgery. Then was detained because she has 0 legal status.

I guess the taxpayers are fronting the bill?

Oh ya, Joaquin? Lets rephrase your tone of speech "ILLEGAL ALIEN". There ya go.

10-Year-Old Girl Is Detained By Border Patrol After Emergency Surgery : The Two-Way : NPR

You answered your own questions.

It's not Trump's fault, existing laws are simply being enforced, and The Dumb Gringo is footing the bill.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:00 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
Heartless bastards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies