Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 06:04 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times

Advertisements

OP, if I'm reading right what you wrote....

The family stayed here 10 years ago after coming here for surgery illegally.
Families fault. Living here 10 years illegally, wrong of them and they have broken the law.
I can see wanting to do anything to save your baby and get surgery, but they should of went back!

Old 10-27-2017, 06:46 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes she looks like a real threat.

I thought ICE was going to focus on criminals, gang members, etc.

She is a threat financially. ICE is focusing on criminals but when these non-convicted criminal aliens get discovered at the same time what do you expect them to do? Should they just give them a pat on their heads and release them?

Old 10-27-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Na thats what they just said remember trump is playing to his neo Nazi base

I see, so to enforce our immigration laws is Nazism? Are you serious? I guess we shouldn't enforce any of our laws then according to you as that would be Nazism? WTH!

Old 10-27-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Heartless bastards.
Yes, that fits the description of illegal aliens and their sympathizers. They have no heart for the American people and how they have been negatively impacted by illegal immigration. Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:00 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes she looks like a real threat.

I thought ICE was going to focus on criminals, gang members, etc.
Um...she IS a criminal. What part of "illegal" do you not understand?

Old 10-27-2017, 07:11 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
So then the decrease in illegal immigration we've been seeing cannot be credited toward Trump. Right? Surely you agree, as you'd be a hypocrite not to.

Per the issue, there's a limit to what law enforcement should be able to do. They were trying to keep her hospital door open so they could "keep an eye on her." It wasn't stated in the NPR article, but I've heard her ambulance was stopped so they could checker her immigration status; an ambulance should be allowed to go through quickly.

I also saw a story today where ICE agents entered private property without a warrant to check people's immigration status. When asked to leave, they refused.

Are we really ok with law enforcement behaving in this way? I for one am not.
I live in Texas. When I drive down to South Padre and come back north. There are multiple border patrol checkpoints when going north. The border patrol has these checkpoints to prevent the flow of drugs. They stop the vehicle . Usually ask if you are an American Citizen, inspect the contents of the vehicle if needed then clear you to pass.

This is the Job they are trained to do. I would assume that they did it correctly. There was a few months back when a trucker in San Antonio that smuggled illegals in and had 10+ of them die in his trailer.

I believe they did their jobs correctly. They don't know where or who she is because she's illegal. For all they knew. She just was brought in.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:23 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Meanwhile we have veterans here in this country dying while waiting for surgery.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:24 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
So then the decrease in illegal immigration we've been seeing cannot be credited toward Trump. Right? Surely you agree, as you'd be a hypocrite not to.

Per the issue, there's a limit to what law enforcement should be able to do. They were trying to keep her hospital door open so they could "keep an eye on her." It wasn't stated in the NPR article, but I've heard her ambulance was stopped so they could checker her immigration status; an ambulance should be allowed to go through quickly.

I also saw a story today where ICE agents entered private property without a warrant to check people's immigration status. When asked to leave, they refused.

Are we really ok with law enforcement behaving in this way? I for one am not.
Even ICE says that more are leaving than coming in for about 5 years. It is easier for Mexicans to find jobs at home than here. As far as ICE doing home invasions, that should be illegal, in fact, it probably is illegal. But the police do it illegally all the time.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Until liberals accept we are a country of laws they will never change their behaviors.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:29 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Until liberals accept we are a country of laws they will never change their behaviors.
Until conservatives accept that we are not run by religion they will not change their behaviors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies