Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 09:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy who entered the United States from Mexico without permission a decade ago is potentially facing deportation after having to go through a Border Patrol checkpoint in South Texas for emergency gallbladder surgery, a family lawyer said Thursday.

Rosa Maria Hernandez was brought to the United States illegally from Mexico in 2007 when she was 3 months old, according to her mother, Felipa de la Cruz, to get access to better medical care. The family lives in Laredo, Texas, and all are undocumented.

U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, a San Antonio Democrat, blamed the Trump administration for adopting "callous policies" toward immigrants.

Soooo... she's illegal and disabled. Went through a border checkpoint for emergency surgery. Then was detained because she has 0 legal status.

How is this Trumps fault? Aren't these laws on the books way before he came along?

I guess the taxpayers are fronting the bill?

Oh ya, Joaquin? Lets rephrase your tone of speech "ILLEGAL ALIEN". There ya go.

10-Year-Old Girl Is Detained By Border Patrol After Emergency Surgery : The Two-Way : NPR
I have to say that I really take exception to the lawyer's characterization above.
Everyone has to go through those check points. If you live in South or West Texas or even New Mexico, they are a fact of life and have been for longer than this family has been in the States.
It's not like they just appeared there overnight after 45's inauguration.

Now, I am not unsympathetic to the girl's condition and I hope that she will receive care in detention.
But the border agents at this check point were simply doing their jobs as were the ICE agents.
The family took the risk and lost. They've only themselves to blame.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:06 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Good point. We should bring over and treat every sick child from around the world.

Are you ready to pay for that?

You beat me to it, I was going to say we can send their medical bills to those that do not oppose illegal aliens.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I have to say that I really take exception to the lawyer's characterization above.
Everyone has to go through those check points. If you live in South or West Texas or even New Mexico, they are a fact of life and have been for longer than this family has been in the States.
It's not like they just appeared there overnight after 45's inauguration.

Now, I am not unsympathetic to the girl's condition and I hope that she will receive care in detention.
But the border agents at this check point were simply doing their jobs as were the ICE agents.
The family took the risk and lost. They've only themselves to blame.
You're right. I went through a checkpoint like that almost 25 years ago coming up 35 from Laredo. They've been a fact of life in Texas for decades.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:32 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Until conservatives accept that we are not run by religion they will not change their behaviors.

Our laws have nothing to do with religion.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:36 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Good point. We should bring over and treat every sick child from around the world.

Are you ready to pay for that?
I would rather have my tax dollars pay to treat them than Trumps weekly golf trips or a $30 billion wall.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:51 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
We're stopping ambulances transporting sick children now. Be proud, Republicans! This is what you wrought.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:51 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would rather have my tax dollars pay to treat them than Trumps weekly golf trips or a $30 billion wall.

Trump doesn't even take a salary and Obama played golf during his free time also. Illegal aliens cost us $113 billion a year but you'd prefer that over a $25 billion wall to protect us?

Old 10-27-2017, 11:54 AM

30,635 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes she looks like a real threat.

I thought ICE was going to focus on criminals, gang members, etc.
Focusing on criminals, gang members, etc. doesn't mean that you turn a blind eye when you become aware of the presence of other illegals. Simply doing their jobs.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:55 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
I'd rather not pay for either.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:19 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes she looks like a real threat.

I thought ICE was going to focus on criminals, gang members, etc.
They are and have been as a PRIORITY, but that doesn't mean they quit enforcing the law against other illegal aliens in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
She is a threat financially. ICE is focusing on criminals but when these non-convicted criminal aliens get discovered at the same time what do you expect them to do? Should they just give them a pat on their heads and release them?
They seem to think so! They don't even want those that have committed crimes picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Meanwhile we have veterans here in this country dying while waiting for surgery.
Yes, but that isn't a part of the Democratic agenda, solving that issue, remember, Hillary said it really wasn't that bad.

Quote:
Even ICE says that more are leaving than coming in for about 5 years. It is easier for Mexicans to find jobs at home than here. As far as ICE doing home invasions, that should be illegal, in fact, it probably is illegal. But the police do it illegally all the time.
I don't believe it was ICE that said that. Also, other illegal aliens have passed through Mexico who allows them something like 30 days to cross into the US illegally through the southern border. Mexicans are a little more clever, so I doubt as many get apprehended. Jobs? Why work when one can come here, push out 4 anchor babies and live on the US taxpayer?

Law Enforcement, when they can you be searched without a warrant: https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/k...hout-a-warrant Keep in mind that many of these illegal aliens have warrants out against them, and there they are sitting with a bunch of illegal friends and family when ICE comes a callin'. SCORE!

Quote:
Until conservatives accept that we are not run by religion they will not change their behaviors.
What does that have to do with illegal aliens and their mooching off of American taxpayers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Yep and they're proud of it. Xenophobic heartless pricks(White Trash).
Racist are we now against white people. Well, any illegal alien that feels that way should just avoid coming to squat here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
who entered the United States from Mexico without permission.
Enter illegally you are subject to deportation. Enough said.
Seems basic doesn't it, and you would think the "highly educated" liberals with their degrees would certainly be able to comprehend that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The mother actually said in a news article that she brought her daughter to Texas specifically so that the state could "help pay" her daughter's medical bills.

We have enough native-born indigent children in need of healthcare. They have to come first.
Exactly. Medicaid is already strained by illegal aliens who use the emergency room at 3 times the rate of a US citizen to include birthing their anchors, and our poor depend on that same system, what's left of it after the illegals finish with it. Heard a pregnant one in the grocery story saying "Well, my other 3 kids are on the "state" insurance." So, no worries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I would love to see what the medical bills are. I guarantee you the American taxpayer has paid almost every dime towards that child's care. My sister works in pediatrics at a NY hospital. They have an illegal immigrant child in the wing. The child has been there for months. The family has an attorney and has stopped the hospital from moving the child. 100% funded by our tax dollar. Out of control.
There are several stories of this happening. $346 billion is the estimate of the medical care to the US taxpayer, and it is my understanding that many hospitals have to "eat" the cost thus passing it on to paying consumers in the end or ending up in a position where they can't pay their bills.

https://amac.us/illegal-immigrants-c...h-care-system/

Quote:
So? Do you actually think what you have paid in taxes will cover the $346 billion that illegal aliens cost us in medical care each year? If so, you might contact the WH and see where you can send the check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump doesn't even take a salary and Obama played golf during his free time also. Illegal aliens cost us $113 billion a year but you'd prefer that over a $25 billion wall to protect us?
Updated cost is $135 billion a year. That, of course, doesn't really capture the true cost to include victims of crimes, deaths by illegal aliens, the decreasing time to educate citizen children because of non-English speaking children, the illegal aliens taking slots in colleges and using financial aid at a time that funding is down, sucking down charitable services leaving nothing for US families.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Focusing on criminals, gang members, etc. doesn't mean that you turn a blind eye when you become aware of the presence of other illegals. Simply doing their jobs.
Of course they are. Maybe they don't understand the whole having a "job" thing? This article speaks of ICE sweeping up "non-targets" (Time has become a liberal rag, but this does demonstrate what is happening, "killing 2 or more birds with 1 stone".) Illegal Immigration: ICE Raids Sweep Up Non-Targets | Time.com It actually kind of funny as they say "simply in the wrong place at the wrong time", well yeah, in the US without authorization and ICE took care of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies