Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 07:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Alleged rapist.....see the difference...
I said the same ............. seems you missed that.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hypothetically speaking, let's say a political activist from Saudi Arabia fled here. The activist was calling for an end to the royal family rule and wanted free elections. Suddenly, there are rape allegations and SA wanted him returned. Do you think US policy should be immediate return?

Old 10-29-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hypothetically speaking, let's say a political activist from Saudi Arabia fled here. The activist was calling for an end to the royal family rule and wanted free elections. Suddenly, there are rape allegations and SA wanted him returned. Do you think US policy should be immediate return?
Nope, they, as with the person discussed in this thread, should still have the right to present their case before a court here, and then a rational decision made by the court on whether they are forced to leave or not.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:41 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
And, lets go back to my original question:

Quote:
Will you admit the thread title is a lie? Or are you just another obama boot licker that just runs with BS?
You asked how was it a lie, then went into your explanation, which is not what I asked, is it?

IS the thread title a lie or not? No need for a long drawn out explanation, the thread title is calling him a rapist, not an alleged rapist....

Old 10-29-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
And, lets go back to my original question:

You asked how was it a lie, then went into your explanation, which is not what I asked, is it?

IS the thread title a lie or not? No need for a long drawn out explanation, the thread title is calling him a rapist, not an alleged rapist....
Really? So you would have Zero problem with the title and thread if it had said "alleged rapist"? Sorry, I know you too well to fall for that nonsense, maybe the OP or someone else new here might, try them, maybe you can all find lots more rabbit holes to jump down.
Said what I had to say on the topic, see nothing to add to that.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Really? So you would have Zero problem with the title and thread if it had said "alleged rapist"? Sorry, I know you too well to fall for that nonsense, maybe the OP or someone else new here might, try them, maybe you can all find lots more rabbit holes to jump down.
Said what I had to say on the topic, see nothing to add to that.
The left likes to play words....just like sub contractor and employee....who cares....call them what ever as long as they get paid, they don't care what they are called...

Old 10-29-2017, 11:25 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
I am sure that an "alleged rapist" from Mexico would receive this same high-minded "let's not rush to judgment" spiel from conservatives (especially if Trump tweeted his condemnation)!

Old 10-29-2017, 11:26 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Trump doesn't care about illegals. He married an illegal and has employed hundreds of illegals (and still does to this day).

He just uses the issue to rile up the racists and trailer park types, who love hearing all the nonsense about "Mexicans are rapists and murderers" and "foreigners are stealing your jobs". It's all show for the dumbest among us.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump doesn't care about illegals. He married an illegal and has employed hundreds of illegals (and still does to this day).

He just uses the issue to rile up the racists and trailer park types, who love hearing all the nonsense about "Mexicans are rapists and murderers" and "foreigners are stealing your jobs". It's all show for the dumbest among us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I am sure that an "alleged rapist" from Mexico would receive this same high-minded "let's not rush to judgment" spiel from conservatives (especially if Trump tweeted his condemnation)!
Yes it seems it has riled some of the dumbest....

Old 10-29-2017, 12:12 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Stating someone is a criminal when they are not is a slander. Stating they are an alleged criminal is not because it is not stated with certainty. This is why the news media use the descriptor when they report on a person accused or suspected of a crime.

I do not know if this Chinese businessman is guilty of anything. Neither, except possibly himself, does anyone else. However the allegation that if he were a poor Hispanic immigrant accused of these alleged crimes he would be deported instantly. Because he is a exceedingly wealthy (how does one get wealthy in a communist country?) Chinese businessman and a member of the president's private social club this person does not face deportation. Wealth and connections do count for a lot in this country and society and probably even more in communist China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies