Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 09:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Japan is racist that is their cultural heritage. The don't even like half Japanese/half Korean people. Culture can be quite weird, that is how they do it. And they will become extinct due to la low fertility rate and not allowing migration.
Lol, they're not going to become extinct. If their fertility rate was zero then they'd become extinct. Why would they need more kids, if this is the century of automation? They are doing themselves a huge favor in the long run.

Quote:
As an American I feel our schools should require uniforms and strict discipline. And like in Japan the school should be cleaned by the students, not janitors. And the schools should celebrate academics, not football or LGBTQIA clubs.
This I agree with. Maybe we'd have less crime, too, and poor areas won't be the disgusting sewers and landfills they usually are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, their men probably don't want that kind of look all the time. just saying.

Honestly, I've never seen a young japanese woman with black hair, they all dye their hair different colors. Maybe it is just their school dress code rules because Japanese teens love to dye their hair funky colors.
I don't think this is a universal rule, though. Some schools are more lax than others. But, they all require conformity to some degree from what I've read

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think so.

I've never had problem in Japan and I am mixed.
I didn't have a problem either, and I'm mixed as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am with DD on this. this school is not in america, and thus not under our jurisdiction. so why is this even an issue here in america?
OP is worried about student's hair color in Japan, when girls are being raped across Africa because they belong to a different tribe, or they're not Muslim

Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
OP is worried about student's hair color in Japan, when girls are being raped across Africa because they belong to a different tribe, or they're not Muslim
not much we can do about that either, unless you want the US to invade africa to stop things like that.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not much we can do about that either, unless you want the US to invade africa to stop things like that.
As far as I'm concerned, not our problem. I was just making a point about a lack of perspective on the OP's part. IMO, the only foreign policy we really should care about are our immediate neighbors. It's not our job to save the world from itself, but it'sour job to be good neighbors.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:36 PM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
No, it's not our business.
So, I shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion, because it is outside the country...yet you, yourself, often voice opinions on issues outside our country.

Hmmm.....

//www.city-data.com/forum/asia/...367-china.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...paratists.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/asia/...filtrates.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-geert-2.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ds-canada.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/europ...continent.html

etc

Are you not voicing opinions on issues outside our border in these threads?

And discussing news outside our border?

Are you not even encouraging people to voice their opinions on foreign politics throughout the thread on the Netherlands?

I am a teacher and find this school policy interesting - this is a forum for discussing controversies. Why shouldn't I discuss it?

Old 10-27-2017, 09:37 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,336,151 times
Quote:
Lol, they're not going to become extinct. If their fertility rate was zero then they'd become extinct. Why would they need more kids, if this is the century of automation? They are doing themselves a huge favor in the long run.

The population of japan and European countries is going down due to a fertility rate that is less than 2.3. I suspect that if they got down to a few Japanese they would come up with some method to create more embryos. Automation is a moot point if there are no people around.

There is this strange misconception among educated people that the correct thing to do is not to have children. That only applies to overpopulated 3rd world countries where the fertility rate may be as high as 6.

If a country does not produce children who later become workers the economy dies and the Social Security system ends.

Quote:
This I agree with. Maybe we'd have less crime, too, and poor areas won't be the disgusting sewers and landfills they usually are.

The homogeneity of Japan has benefits. The country is clean and very well managed. It is also safe and people are helpful to each other.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:39 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, not our problem. I was just making a point about a lack of perspective on the OP's part
Frankie says Relax.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:40 PM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Great logic, because I comment on a severe dress code where a student cannot have her natural hair color, I must be accepting of Muslims raping people in Africa.

Look at this guy though, constantly worried about geographic climate and what libertarians think - all while Muslims rape people in Africa.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:46 PM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Great logic, because I comment on a severe dress code where a student cannot have her natural hair color, I must be accepting of Muslims raping people in Africa.

Look at this guy though, constantly worried about geographic climate and what libertarians think - all while Muslims rape people in Africa.
He didn't mean anything bad. He is a very nice poster.

so dont worry about it. Maybe just a misunderstanding.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So, I shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion, because it is outside the country...yet you, yourself, often voice opinions on issues outside our country.

Hmmm.....

//www.city-data.com/forum/asia/...367-china.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...paratists.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/asia/...filtrates.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-geert-2.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ds-canada.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/europ...continent.html

etc

Are you not voicing opinions on issues outside our border in these threads?

And discussing news outside our border?

Are you not even encouraging people to voice their opinions on foreign politics throughout the thread on the Netherlands?

I am a teacher and find this interesting - this is a forum for discussing controversies. Why shouldn't I discuss it?
Well, my opinions have changed from 4 years ago, and those 4 years ago I was a Republican. And your second post, shows you were more interested than just having a mere discussion, you were hinting at we should impose our beliefs onto them.

Quote:
The population of japan and European countries is going down due to a fertility rate that is less than 2.3. I suspect that if they got down to a few Japanese they would come up with some method to create more embryos. Automation is a moot point if there are no people around.

There is this strange misconception among educated people that the correct thing to do is not to have children. That only applies to overpopulated 3rd world countries where the fertility rate may be as high as 6.

If a country does not produce children who later become workers the economy dies and the Social Security system ends.

The homogeneity of Japan has benefits. The country is clean and very well managed. It is also safe and people are helpful to each other.
The economy eventually rebounds. There's way too many people on this Earth, having a low fertility rate across the world is ideal. If Social Security is a problem, then younger families should be encouraged to have their old folks move in with them, like most of the world does.

But yet you said Japan should encourage more migration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies