Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 08:54 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,954,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
And then those Democrats switched over to Republican years later after the Civil Rights gains.

Yes, it’s the past tho.
Yes, I am continually amazed at how the 'political junkies' that visit this forum at ignorant of basic political history.

Texas, my home? Has always been a 'conservative' state. The label changed from Democrat to Republican in the 1970s, but the basic political character of the state did not change. The same for the other Dixie states, unless one wishes to indulge in the fantasy the South was 'liberal' for decades and decided to become 'conservative' in the 1970s.

People should not dwell on political party names. I find it easier to think of 'conservatives' and 'liberals', if one must think like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 08:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,462,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am tired of people claiming that neither party has changed over the years. Nothing remains static, and I doubt that either of the major political parties as they are today would be recognizable to anyone who lived 150, 100, or even 50 years ago.
And the same thing will hold true for the future as well, NO political party will look anything remotely close to what they are today compared to 20 yr, 50 yrs, 100yrs and so on in the future.

History also shows us that political parties come and go over time, none of them last forever.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:07 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,249,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Read your history. LBJ was indeed a racist.
Only from the standpoint of a white supremacist.

When he became president he was freed from the need to kowtow to Texan racial conservatives and could act on his own conscience.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:46 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,291,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
Most Latinos and Asians support the Democratic party too. But of course you leave that out because MAGA Trump fans are obsessed with black people.

The people who are still Klan members are the Republican party. That's why David Duke, the tiki torch white supremacists, and Nazis today all support Donald Trump. And he supports them.
Yeah, some Asians and Latins are susceptible to racial pandering and condescending remarks such as "Vote for me because I am with you ---the poor minority oppressed people". Victimhood politics are alive and well in the Democratic Party.

The NAZI movement is incredibly small in the USA. HOwever, it is magnified by the media to stump Trump. Most Republicans have nothing to do with NAZIs.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Read your history. LBJ was indeed a racist.
LBJ used the N word regularly. LBJ did what he did to pander to blacks and to bring them to the Dem party.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:59 AM

17,922 posts, read 27,326,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
Most Latinos and Asians support the Democratic party too. But of course you leave that out because MAGA Trump fans are obsessed with black people.

The people who are still Klan members are the Republican party. That's why David Duke, the tiki torch white supremacists, and Nazis today all support Donald Trump. And he supports them.

You remind me of Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton™ John Podesta, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz in that the next truth you tell will be your first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
LBJ used the N word regularly. LBJ did what he did to pander to blacks and to bring them to the Dem party.
This.

Nazis today are a bunch of idiots who don't know red from blue.

Trump has nothing to do with them.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:31 AM

37,940 posts, read 17,756,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes, I am continually amazed at how the 'political junkies' that visit this forum at ignorant of basic political history.

Texas, my home? Has always been a 'conservative' state. The label changed from Democrat to Republican in the 1970s, but the basic political character of the state did not change. The same for the other Dixie states, unless one wishes to indulge in the fantasy the South was 'liberal' for decades and decided to become 'conservative' in the 1970s.

People should not dwell on political party names. I find it easier to think of 'conservatives' and 'liberals', if one must think like that.
The labels themselves change. It's s more about how big government from eaxh party spends the peoples money. Not enough are for small government, which is strange since big government is a failure.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:38 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,133,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Most Dems were Klan members up till the 1960s. Then they decided they needed black votes and presented themselves as the saviors of blacks. It was a brilliant strategy and they garner 90%plus of the black vote.

LBJ sign the War on Poverty which increased fatherless families from 20% to 73% and climbing. The welfare state destroyed the black family---------- so as far as i am concerned all those southern Dems are still Klan members. And the worst type of racism is the one that HRC practices, the condescending and pandering attitude.
So you're saying that as recent as the 60's most of the nation were active White supremacist, which means this was a White supremacist nation.

Mind you, many of those people are still alive and many if not most passed those values on to their kids

Old 10-28-2017, 11:03 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,986,473 times
Its bothers me more that LBJ accepted a Silver star for being on A COMBAT MISSION that he actually was not present on the aircraft.No one else on the aircraft who actually performed feats of bravery got anything............any decent person would have refused..........

Old 10-28-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
So you're saying that as recent as the 60's most of the nation were active White supremacist, which means this was a White supremacist nation.
Hmmmm Ahhhh Yeah, during those days blacks were segregated, had to sit in the back of the bus, could not drink water or use white designated bathrooms, etc, etc. In which planet do you live? Saturn?

Thankfully all those practices have been eradicated. Now black people worry about statues, flags, and Christopher Columbus. And the frustration, anger, and PTSD related to racial issues is a 1000% higher than in the Jim Crow era. Now the barriers are not clearly visible and delineated like in the old days. How do you fight imaginary concepts like white privilege or supremacy? If that is the case then Asian privilege and supremacy should also be decried and condemned. Asians do better than whites in America. This is a crossroad for black America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies