Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 06:03 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Tillerson stated categorically that he WOULD NOT be stepping down as long as the President wanted him in that position.
Perhaps Bent knows something about Trump's early retirement plans that he has not shared with us.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:06 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He nailed it at the end. When the choice is between two war mongers with different ways to force other nations to bow to our will that really isn't a choice.
So, you're of the belief, like other Leftists, that the U.S., the greatest nation in the history of man, should do nothing to promote peace and freedom throughout the world, but just let them do as they will, even though incredible evil is rampant, people are being slaughtered and other countries (including ours) are being threatened with annihilation?

When good people do nothing, evil wins. I don't think Christ came to tell us to do nothing. He is, after all, called "the Prince of Peace" (not Obama, as the Leftists seem to believe).

Old 11-03-2017, 06:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Hillary Clinton was not a good SOS. How can Rex Tillerson be considered worse than her ?

So we should just file Trump's one time praise of Hillary and the job she did in the already lengthy list of his BS?

Old 11-03-2017, 06:09 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL! "Politico!" Not exactly the most credible source.
What an odd little duck you are. Politico and other sites are simply reporting on what Mr. Trump said during his interview with Laura Ingraham last night on Fox. I thought you watched Fox. I thought you listened or watched every interview with President Trump.

Here is the video:

WATCH: President Trump Sits Down With Laura Ingraham | Fox News Insider

Old 11-03-2017, 08:27 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,216 times
He was unsuccessful about stopping the sanctions on Russia, and he's Constantly being undermined by trump so no surprise there. Also he sees everyone close to trump being heavily scrutinized and as CEO of exxon wouldn't be shocked if he had dirty Dealings

Old 11-03-2017, 09:12 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
State was bloated, needs cleaned out, and in my opinion is one of the worse agencies. They expanded the bureaucracy for the sake of the bureaucracy, constantly looked to create BS so they can drop political appointees as a favor to party supporters, and half-assed does everything ranging from embassy security to consular services. If there is one agency I wish they would jsut throw out and start all over again, it is State.
Tillerson was handed his instructions from Trump, which he carried out, so I fail to see how you can pin these things on Tillerson; it is a basic boss-employee relationship. If your boss tells you something to do, do you do it?
I don't think that the US State Department is used to having a "Boss", they are used to Politicians - it's a learning curve for them. It's not so much that DOS is "bloated" (and it is) - it's more that it is pretty dysfunctional. That's not my opinion - it's there opinion according to the "Listening Report" that Sec Tillerson commissioned. There are 75,000 employees at DOS & USAID - over 33,000 participated in this report which was anonymous, so people could freely answer questions. From that group - they asked for volunteers to do personal interviews. This type of report happens in Business - especially a Business that is in crisis of some sort or has a total change of Management/Ownership. You have to figure out what is going right or wrong, before you can really move forward.

How Rex Tillerson Is Remaking the State Department |Bloomberg - 10/26/17

The Bloomberg Article is basically another Hit Piece on Secretary Tillerson, but it does have some good information in it. I find it odd that while people who work at the DOS know it has major problems and hoped for some big changes they are now really, really upset at the idea of "change". Most were excited to have a new Secretary of State without Political Baggage, a chance for others to advance instead of just the Political cronies - part of their problem is that real change is just that, it's not a bandaid or a "work-around", which is what they are used to.

In a speech to the staff in September at the U.S. Embassy in London, Tillerson acknowledged the five-alarm fires in the world—North Korea, a soured relationship with Russia, the war in Syria, and the lasting violence of Libya’s civil war. But those problems, he said, weren’t as crucial as getting State’s house in order. “The most important thing I can do is to enable this organization to be more effective, more efficient, and for all of you to take greater satisfaction in what you do day in and day out,” he said. “Because if I accomplish that, that will go on forever, and you will create the State Department of the future.”

Report to Secretary Tillerson - posted by Brookings.edu. It's easy to read, fairly long -- but very very interesting for those that actually care about what is going on. Secretary Tillerson is fascinating to observe - I don't think he will leave (and certainly not fired) until he has accomplished a good bit of what he was hired to do - FIX IT.

SUMMARY
The mission statements of USAID and DOS speak powerfully to their respective employees and, for the most part, people hold their colleagues in high esteem. However, much of what constitutes the cultural environment that people find themselves working inside of and the processes and structures they rely on thwart their ability to do their jobs as well as they could. No one we interviewed said that the working environment at USAID or DOS enabled them to be successful; it’s one’s ability to workaround the obstacles and overcome the hurdles found in the USAID/DOS environment that provide for results.

People say that unclear priorities leave them seeking guidance that for too many does not come from their managers or their chain of command. Unwieldy, poorly designed and often politicized performance evaluations do not offer actionable insight about an individual’s effectiveness and poor-performers are not terminated. More worrisome, however, are the layers of processes, approvals and reporting requirements, and the grossly inadequate IT infrastructure that detract from people’s effectiveness.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:19 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
They might be able to get Sergei Lavrov.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:32 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They might be able to get Sergei Lavrov.
He already has a job.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:47 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, you're of the belief, like other Leftists, that the U.S., the greatest nation in the history of man, should do nothing to promote peace and freedom throughout the world, but just let them do as they will, even though incredible evil is rampant, people are being slaughtered and other countries (including ours) are being threatened with annihilation?

When good people do nothing, evil wins. I don't think Christ came to tell us to do nothing. He is, after all, called "the Prince of Peace" (not Obama, as the Leftists seem to believe).
I don't even know where to start.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:40 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't even know where to start.
You might "start" by reading from the words of the people who actually work at the US State Department about how dysfunctional it is .... but maybe Leftist talking points is more fun and less reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies