Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2017, 06:33 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
MATTIS warns that "storm clouds are gathering" in the Korean Peninsula.

They're getting ready now.
For what?

We hit first, China and Russia will support them.

I don't see them hitting first, as they know they're under China's protection as long as they don't.

In the event they do hit first, China won't tolerate the US there for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If Trump gets us into a war with North Korea, yes, I will blame Trump. North Korea is a mess, not enough food, the people underfed and physically small and many are drug addicted. We don't need to resort to war but IMO Trump will consider it "presidential" because he's small-minded and the opposite of a statesman.

"My main business was selling ice. I think that 70 or 80 percent of the adults in Hoeryong city were using ice. My customers were just ordinary people. Police officers, security agents, party members, teachers, doctors. Ice made a really good gift for birthday parties or for high school graduation presents. It makes you feel good and helps you release stress, and it really helps relations between men and women. My 76-year-old mother was using it because she had low blood pressure, and it worked well. Lots of police officers and security agents would come to my house to smoke, and of course I didn’t charge them — they were my protection. They would come by during their lunch break, stop by my house. The head of the secret police in my area was almost living at my house."

LIFE UNDER KIM JONG UN
Recent North Korean escapees relate how the secretive country has changed under the “Great Successor.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.feef8b938761
The problem is US foreign policy and how it's treated NK for decades. You ostracize a nation like that from the rest of the world for decades, are you really surprised they behave how they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
So you would prefer to let him place nuclear or anthrax on his missiles and let them threaten us?
You can integrate them into the world or leave seclude them to cause trouble for attention. Guess what we've picked for decades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
Sadly, every day we do nothing puts our country at more risk. I know Seoul would take the brunt of the devastation, but we gotta protect our own country first.
At risk for what? We'll be fine.

The only solution to NK is disarmament through economic incentives. Full integration into the world economy.

A war is unwinnable for the US. The US is terrible at winning wars. Will just end up with thousands of soldiers dead, trillions spent for nothing, and decades of policing assuming China doesn't wipe the floor with the US in NK... again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 06:40 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,476 times
“We’ll be fine”?

An EMP that NK launches disguised as a satellite can easily be exploded over the US, frying every single electrical circuit. Planes will fall, all transportation will be useless, all power and financial institutions will be useless, sending us back into the Stone Age. This is very real and NK knows it. Not saying they will do this, but it’s easier and way more effective than a single ICBM.

Old 12-25-2017, 06:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It seems pretty obvious that NK is becoming a real global problem. They have been ramping up that nuclear program for a while, but lately they have put it in overdrive. That little sh**head over there is absolutely crazy and with China not wanting to break with them, it makes for one sticky situation.

I'm not normally one who is for limiting trade with other countries, but we buy so much from China that those dollars have to mean something to them. Maybe if we found a way to stop buying so much they would get the message.

Frankly, I have no idea what to do to solve this NK mess, guess that is why I am not in the administration that does have to solve it.
This is easily solvable: leave NK alone and mind our business. They aren’t a threat to us.

Old 12-25-2017, 06:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
“We’ll be fine”?

An EMP that NK launches disguised as a satellite can easily be exploded over the US, frying every single electrical circuit. Planes will fall, all transportation will be useless, all power and financial institutions will be useless, sending us back into the Stone Age. This is very real and NK knows it. Not saying they will do this, but it’s easier and way more effective than a single ICBM.
Stop it. How many losing wars do you wanna get involved in?

NK isn’t a threat to us.

Old 12-25-2017, 06:52 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
I firmly believe Trump supporters are total morons, believing war is the answer to world problems, especially with a decaying despot country like the DPRK.

Remember how we won against the USSR? Not a shot fired.

Duh.

Last edited by Threerun; 12-25-2017 at 07:27 PM..

Old 12-25-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Stop it. How many losing wars do you wanna get involved in?

NK isn’t a threat to us.
I’m not saying war is desirable. But NK could easily do major damage to the U.S. before we nuke them. That’s a fact.

Old 12-25-2017, 06:57 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is easily solvable: leave NK alone and mind our business. They aren’t a threat to us.
Yet. If they are allowed to build 10+ ICBMs with nuclear warheads that can hit us then they start to be. Or they could just launch one into space and hit a bunch of satellites and cause major problems worldwide.

Does no one seem to remember the Korean war started with North Korea communist trying to take over the entire country by force? When we intervened (With the wishes of the United nations originally) the entire country was almost taken over. There are senior officials in the DPRK that wish for the reunification of the korean peninsula and some government officials seem to think this might be King Jong Uns ultimate goal too.

I think we should install a massive amount of medium range high payload ballistic missiles (non nuclear) in South Korea and Japan that would provide us with a credible decapitation strike if needed.

Old 12-25-2017, 07:02 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I firmly believe Trump supporters are total morons, believing war is the answer to world problems, especially wit a decaying despot country like the DRPK.

Remember how we won against the USSR? Not a shot fired.

Duh.
The Decaying despot that has developed and tested an ICBM and Hydrogen bomb in just the past year?

Lets not forget some things North Korea has done:

Shot down a korean airlplane killing 269 people
Shot down a north american airplane killing 31 american military personnel.
Sunk a Korean navy vessel killing 46 people

Old 12-25-2017, 07:11 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Yet. If they are allowed to build 10+ ICBMs with nuclear warheads that can hit us then they start to be. Or they could just launch one into space and hit a bunch of satellites and cause major problems worldwide.

Does no one seem to remember the Korean war started with North Korea communist trying to take over the entire country by force? When we intervened (With the wishes of the United nations originally) the entire country was almost taken over. There are senior officials in the DPRK that wish for the reunification of the korean peninsula and some government officials seem to think this might be King Jong Uns ultimate goal too.

I think we should install a massive amount of medium range high payload ballistic missiles (non nuclear) in South Korea and Japan that would provide us with a credible decapitation strike if needed.
At the end of the day the US is the bigger ******* and until it changes how it handles NK, NK will continue to cause a ruckus.

Back then the communists stood a chance to take over the south. They had the USSR supporting them etc.

These days, the south's military is one of the better equipped ones in that part of the world. There is no worry of the north trying to assimilate them, even China wouldn't stand for that.

Again...

There is no way to win with NK militarily. It has to come economically, which we've been waging war economically with them for decades.

Old 12-25-2017, 07:13 PM

If we could only get China and Russia to turn off the few internet pipelines they provide NK, that would help immensely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies