Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 06:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm not an ends justify the means type of girl.
Okay smarty, what would YOU suggest? Something different than has been done for the last 20 years as we see how that's worked out.

C'mon, you're oh-so-quick to call names and judge let's see you step up and do something other than bitc# and complain.

What's YOUR answer to end NK's nuclear/WMD aspersions and/or threat to everyone around them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 06:42 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Well, when you have 2 "leaders" arguing on whose button is bigger, war is the next obvious step.

See what happens when there is no adult supervision?

Old 01-04-2018, 07:59 AM

13,273 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Okay smarty, what would YOU suggest? Something different than has been done for the last 20 years as we see how that's worked out.

C'mon, you're oh-so-quick to call names and judge let's see you step up and do something other than bitc# and complain.

What's YOUR answer to end NK's nuclear/WMD aspersions and/or threat to everyone around them?
Your right nothing has been done for the last 20 years and China has been the problem not North Korea if China wanted to do something they could simply close the border with North Korea and starve them until they come to the table and negotiate. Chinese have been given a pass far too long allowed to let this continue to the point we are at now.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:19 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

What's with the aggression?

I don't know the right answer. But I also know that poking the bear into action, an action that could kill millions of innocent people, isn't the right answer.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:46 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
THERE are no right answers execpt a peaceful agreement to have a no nuke agreement which NK agrees to and is stridently inspected.

Unfortunately that will not happen. Todays developments while promising have been tried countless times before. In the period of time, NK will use the time to build and make ready it's nukes. We are only delayed to same inevitable (barring a miracle) calamity.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:35 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
NK is a country that feels threatened, so it is only logical that they have developed the nuclear bomb because that is the only way a country can defend itself against bullies.
I think the best thing to do is to simply accept NK being a nuclear power, it would not be the only one that has a problematic government, think of Pakistan, Israel, Russia, even the US.
That way NK feels safe, hence their paranoia will gradually fade away. And with it their weird leader.

I think NK should settle its problems directly with SK, without the interference of the US. Actually, I think the US is the only reason why NK and SK still don't get along. The US is happy about the status quo as it provides a pretext for keeping the military in China's backyard. And of course the lucrative export of weapons to SK.
SK and NK should hold peace negotiations without the involvement of any other country. After all, Koreans are Koreans, and as such much closer to each other than foreigners will ever be.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:01 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
What exactly is NK going to do with a nuke? Nothing.
Nuclear weapons can be used as a bargaining chip to coerce reunification of South Korea with North Korea in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I live on a lake. I have water purification systems, months worth of food and the ability to get more food.
You don't have the ability to stop marauders from taking what you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Walter Block sums it up nicely on how to deal with North Korea. https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/...h-north-korea/

Such a simple and logical solution.
Is not the Korean War of 1951 yet drawing to a close?

Block apparently is too stupid to realize the war began in 1950.

Sign a formal agreement, a treaty, a contract, with, yes, North Korea, ending the unconstitutional, undeclared “police action” of 1950.

Block, bereft of any intelligence, fails to understand that no treaty has been signed due to the fact that North Korea refuses to accept anything less than total reunification under North Korean rule.

To permit Millions of South Koreans to be enslaved and deprived of their rights and freedoms is completely illogical.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:08 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Nothing is gonna happen.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What's with the aggression?

I don't know the right answer. But I also know that poking the bear into action, an action that could kill millions of innocent people, isn't the right answer.
If as you admit "don't know the right answer" then you DON'T KNOW what isn't the right answer either now do you?

There's a lot of things that "could" kill innocent people and neither you nor I have any idea that what's being done now will kill anyone. What we DO know for certain is the efforts or lack thereof over the last couple of decades have done nothing but further NK's abilities to do harm.

As for "poking the bear", isn't that exactly what KJL is and has been doing for years? Finally someone is poking back and saying enough of this crap...

Old 01-04-2018, 07:15 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
NK is a country that feels threatened, so it is only logical that they have developed the nuclear bomb because that is the only way a country can defend itself against bullies.
I think the best thing to do is to simply accept NK being a nuclear power, it would not be the only one that has a problematic government, think of Pakistan, Israel, Russia, even the US.
That way NK feels safe, hence their paranoia will gradually fade away. And with it their weird leader.

I think NK should settle its problems directly with SK, without the interference of the US. Actually, I think the US is the only reason why NK and SK still don't get along. The US is happy about the status quo as it provides a pretext for keeping the military in China's backyard. And of course the lucrative export of weapons to SK.
SK and NK should hold peace negotiations without the involvement of any other country. After all, Koreans are Koreans, and as such much closer to each other than foreigners will ever be.
South Korea feels threatened as well if you read up on history of Korea find Kim Il-sung ordered attack on the South and almost succeeded if it weren't for the US. North Korea has been the aggressor they won't fade away they will perfect their Nuclear weapons so they can once again attempt to take control of the south. The dreams of the Kim's have always been to unify rule of the Korean peninsula under their rule. I doubt the South Korean's with all they have built up over the last 50 years want to throw it all down the drain and not be under the thumb of North Korean puppet of China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies