Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 08:50 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,002,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Back them up.
This is all I will ever give individuals like yourself on an Internet forum.
https://scholar.google.com

The reason for this is that the average person is completely ignorant in regards to how actual research is done and the time involved to gather it; furthermore, only a great fool could fail to see the social realities I have pointed out in the first place. You don't want to know the truth and will ultimately refute it even if it's hand fed to you, which would take a significant amount of time that neither of us are willing invest.

Ultimately your response will be that I have no proof because I'm not willing to spend the rest of my evening proving my point to someone incapable of digesting it. It's a good tactic for someone like yourself. It's the same response that religious people use when you tell them they believe in nonsense. There is no point to going any further because it's simply a waste of time. These types would still believe in their fairy tales and be praying to an omnipotent sky genie even if an alien ship abducted them and took them to another planet with other humans. No amount of evidence can flip someone that's irrational in their thinking or emotionally attached to something.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:03 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,648,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post

The reason for this is that the average person is completely ignorant in regards to how actual research is done and the time involved to gather it; furthermore, only a great fool could fail to see the social realities I have pointed out in the first place. You don't want to know the truth and will ultimately refute it even if it's hand fed to you, which would take a significant amount of time that neither of us are willing invest.

Ultimately your response will be that I have no proof because I'm not willing to spend the rest of my evening proving my point to someone incapable of digesting it. It's a good tactic for someone like yourself. It's the same response that religious people use when you tell them they believe in nonsense. There is no point to going any further because it's simply a waste of time. These types would still believe in their fairy tales and be praying to an omnipotent sky genie even if an alien ship abducted them and took them to another planet with other humans. No amount of evidence can flip someone that's irrational in their thinking or emotionally attached to something.
Those women just need to know their place. It doesn't matter if they are accomplished doctors, lawyers or scientists, someone that googled biology has determined they will always be inferior and have no business to aspire for better. Those men just need to keep impregnating them and running off while voting to make abortion illegal. Eventually women will figure out their role as single mothers who work as cleaning women while the superior men do the real thinking between video games.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
And why is it bad? There are only 25% white males in the NBA, and I don't think it's bad.
The 25% white males in the NBA don't determine the futures of all American men. The GOP literally didn't want to include women on a health care committee even though there are more women than men in this country.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:08 PM

15 posts, read 8,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And it's posts like these that will make me much less sympathetic if men lose their authority as women continue to achieve economic gains that hopefully result in leadership gains. Men will scream that it's a war against men when it is simply a long earned comeuppance. Saudi Arabia just let women drive in 2017. Men there probably said "women drivers are pretty much all trash, it's just better when men do all the driving".
Uhh...I am a woman. A woman that's married with a child. Really, comparing the U.S to SA is ridiculous. I bet during the women's march you were one of those that went out wearing a ***** hat.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Any college graduate has studied and philosophy. It's not a rabbit hole, it's not a puzzle to solve, it's not emotion-based. Women are already making gains over men and if at a sustained rate, will broadly make the same or better pay in another 40 years. While that is not ideal, it shows the fallibility of a biological limitation.

Millions more women are attending college - not a few but millions more women than men are getting advanced degrees. Why are men falling behind? Because they are all plumbers? Because they are all getting STEM degrees, when we know a lot of the STEM fields are being filled with H1B workers? Again, flailing about and saying "but biology!" doesn't make it so. Sometimes it just takes sustained effort and thought. Since women are also child-bearing, they have to work that much harder to make gains - but they are doing it. Is it sad that women don't support other women? Yes, but as women gain strength and confidence, that will hopefully subside. But by all means, please share the quantitative and empirical evidence provided by anthropology scholars and human behavior biologists that definitively proves that women can only achieve as much as men "allow them to".
You only have the right to vote because men decided you could.
You can only own land because men have allowed it.
You only have the right to get an education because at some point men decided that was OK.
All of these things could disappear in the blink of an eye if men decided that's how it's going to be.

Is this making any sense?

Human civilization is controlled by men because millions of years of evolution shaped our species to behave in such a way and it would take thousands if not millions of years to unshape it.

And no, every college graduate does not leave college with an understanding of statistical analysts or philosophical reasoning. The bantha fodder you speak of such as deductive reasoning is something even animals can do. Nice try.......

Old 10-29-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshadow View Post
Uhh...I am a woman. A woman that's married with a child. Really, comparing the U.S to SA is ridiculous. I bet during the women's march you were one of those that went out wearing a ***** hat.
No, I was working at a tech company.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:10 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,179,618 times
Quote:

So, you have no actual evidence to back up your theories but do proceed to post a bunch of bluster.

It's not me that's being
Quote:
"irrational in their thinking or emotionally attached to something."

Old 10-29-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
You only have the right to vote because men decided you could.
You can only own land because men have allowed it.
You only have the right to get an education because at some point men decided that was OK.
All of these things could disappear in the blink of an eye if men decided that's how it's going to be.

Is this making any sense?

Human civilization is controlled by men because millions of years of evolution shaped our species to behave in such a way and it would take thousands if not millions of years to unshape it.

And no, every college graduate does not leave college with an understanding of statistical analysts or philosophical reasoning. The bantha fodder you speak of such as deductive reasoning is something even animals can do. Nice try.......
It's statistical analysis, not analysts.

As women gain economically, it is sounding like it will be a pleasure to see men lose ground economically.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
So, you have no actual evidence to back up your theories but do proceed to post a bunch of bluster.

It's not me that's being
Agree. The rage and desperation appears to be quite real.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Those women just need to know their place. It doesn't matter if they are accomplished doctors, lawyers or scientists, someone that googled biology has determined they will always be inferior and have no business to aspire for better. Those men just need to keep impregnating them and running off while voting to make abortion illegal. Eventually women will figure out their role as single mothers who work as cleaning women while the superior men do the real thinking between video games.
You've been gotten to.

My work is done here. Have a nice night

This was fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RaAgI7eZMg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies