Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 08:15 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And too many men in this country are in serious need of a shot of testosterone.
LOL, believe this, if you are trying to apply that comment to me, everyone I know would laugh for a week, not even close, Skippy.
I Like Women, I think they are Intelligent and bring a Unique perspective when it comes to issues and often bring calm to a storm, especially when men get a little too much of that testosterone pumping through their brains instead of oxygenated blood. You may be feel threatened by them, especially the smart ones, probably meaning most them in your case, but I find Women to be Gods perfect complement to Man. As I said, we need More Women in Leadership roles in the US, we as a Nation would be far better of than the male dominated mess we have now.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:17 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
LOL, believe this, if you are trying to apply that comment to me, everyone I know would laugh for a week, not even close, Skippy.
I Like Women, I think they are Intelligent and bring a Unique perspective when it comes to issues and often bring calm to a storm, especially when men get a little too much of that testosterone pumping through their brains instead of oxygenated blood. You may be feel threatened by them, especially the smart ones, probably meaning most them in your case, but I find Women to be Gods perfect complement to Man. As I said, we need More Women in Leadership roles in the US, we as a Nation would be far better of than the male dominated mess we have now.
why?

how are Hillary, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, etc better than other politicians because they are women?

Old 10-30-2017, 08:40 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
As a woman (well, a Millennial) I have to ask, why does it matter? Why does a politician or a political leader's gender matter?

The sex of a politician, like their race, religion or national origin has little (if anything) to do with the quality of their abilities.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quality?
https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...eadership-gap/

Old 10-30-2017, 08:51 PM

There is no conclusive evidence that women are better leaders or for that matter that men are better leaders. Certainly, one person can be a better leader than another but it depends on how you define leadership and the context in which you define it.

I'd say a serious lack of qualified experts for leadership is a national emergency. Gender has little to do with it.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:31 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Maybe in a few decades women will get sick of being treated as second class citizens and stand up for themselves, but I wouldn't bet on that.
Some women would vote for a candidate who wants to let in people from middle eastern countries that oppress women and treat them like slaves.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:23 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
There is no conclusive evidence that women are better leaders or for that matter that men are better leaders. Certainly, one person can be a better leader than another but it depends on how you define leadership and the context in which you define it.

I'd say a serious lack of qualified experts for leadership is a national emergency. Gender has little to do with it.
There is no proof that men are better leaders, but there is substantial evidence that men gravitate toward leadership roles. I hate to break it to you, but we're not as far removed from the animal kingdom as many seem to believe. In almost every warm blooded pack animal, the alpha is a male.

Like I said in a previous post, most men are also subservient to the alpha males in our society too. Most people living on earth are being controlled by men very similar to your typical NFL quarterback. They're usually a little bigger than average, a little smarter than average, and they tend to have natural leadership qualities. This is a biological thing. If you stranded 20 random people on an island and Peyton Manning, Mit Romney, or Barack Obama were one of them, they would almost indefinitely be the leader.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
If you stranded 20 random people on an island and Peyton Manning, Mit Romney, or Barack Obama were one of them, they would almost indefinitely be the leader.
well, I am not interested in being any type of "leader", will leave it to the alpha Male and the alpha Female to fight their battle

The alpha male for me will be this

https://terminallance.com/wp-content...n_2016_web.jpg

haha

Old 10-30-2017, 11:34 PM

15 posts, read 8,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I am not interested in being any type of "leader", will leave it to the alpha Male and the alpha Female to fight their battle

The alpha male for me will be this

https://terminallance.com/wp-content...n_2016_web.jpg

haha
I can certainly tell you weren't one of those girls in HS all crazy about becoming Homecoming/Prom Queen LOL.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshadow View Post
I can certainly tell you weren't one of those girls in HS all crazy about becoming Homecoming/Prom Queen LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies