Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 07:20 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I must admit I haven't been all that interested in the whole Weinstein scandal and haven't followed it all that closely... but the actresses whose stories have gotten a lot of coverage seem to be claiming merely that he asked them to do something sexual, which they refused. And somehow they still went on to become famous actresses with great careers...
Perhaps you should familiarize yourself somewhat with the nature of the claims before commenting then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 07:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
No need to be so fragile. Everyone's parents were/are interested in sex.
What a stupid thing to say.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:34 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think the children should be left out of this
Just like the Dems leave Trump's kids out of it? Oh, wait, that double standard thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
This is about sexual assault and rape.

Not sex.
Article: Category: | Herald Sun I knew it involved sexual harassment which is not sexual molestation or rape. I also just read that he "INVITED" the women and they "ACCEPTED" his invitation.

Come on, as a female, I would know better than do that when I was very young, decades ago. Of course, if I wanted to prostitute myself for my career, I guess I would have accepted. I knew better than to go to a man's hotel room or even his home, and if I, the naive person I was about sexual things could figure it out, so could they. Didn't anyone else's parents teach them about such things? They prostitute themselves for parts. I am sure among their "community" they were aware of what was happening and what was expected to make it in the field. I just cannot believe these women were that clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Meh. Lots of people's dad's are skeevy and losers without multi-millions in inheritance and trust funds to help comfort them through the pain and embarrassment.
Exactly!

Quote:
I must admit I haven't been all that interested in the whole Weinstein scandal and haven't followed it all that closely... but the actresses whose stories have gotten a lot of coverage seem to be claiming merely that he asked them to do something sexual, which they refused. And somehow they still went on to become famous actresses with great careers...
I hadn't either. I just linked in the article above after checking out exactly what was supposed to have happened. He asked and they say they refused, frankly, if I didn't mind lying, I would probably say that I didn't do those things either.

It is unfortunate that sexual harassment is being confused and called molestation and rape. This has been a real boom for those actresses to get their names in the news, especially since they are all "aging out" of the business.

Anyone that doesn't report the behavior enables it, they should all be ashamed that they did not report until it became "fashionable" to do so.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:56 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Just like the Dems leave Trump's kids out of it? Oh, wait, that double standard thing
It should be obvious that some of Trumps kids are fair game since they're working in his administration. You know, that whole nepotism thing. Duh.

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to.

Last edited by thefragile; 10-30-2017 at 08:15 AM..

Old 10-30-2017, 02:36 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Just like the Dems leave Trump's kids out of it? Oh, wait, that double standard thing.
Some of his kids are involved with the running of this country. They don't get a free pass.

Barron does. Leave that little dude alone.

Quote:
Article: Category: | Herald Sun I knew it involved sexual harassment which is not sexual molestation or rape. I also just read that he "INVITED" the women and they "ACCEPTED" his invitation.

Come on, as a female, I would know better than do that when I was very young, decades ago. Of course, if I wanted to prostitute myself for my career, I guess I would have accepted. I knew better than to go to a man's hotel room or even his home, and if I, the naive person I was about sexual things could figure it out, so could they. Didn't anyone else's parents teach them about such things? They prostitute themselves for parts. I am sure among their "community" they were aware of what was happening and what was expected to make it in the field. I just cannot believe these women were that clueless.

Educate yourself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/u...ions.html?_r=0

Harvey Weinstein claims: Sopranos actress Sciorra alleges rape - BBC News

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...sexual-assault

A list of sexual assault and harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein.

Old 10-30-2017, 02:43 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
I don't know how Chelsea Clinton gets through the day... after all she's been through

Old 10-30-2017, 03:08 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
TDS is real.

Trump didn't sexually assault anyone.
TDS causes the afflicted to try desperately to bring trump into every possible conversation. they should be charging him rent to live in their heads 24/7

Old 10-31-2017, 02:11 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
They're better than Trump's kids. Trump's kids have overlooked all of the sexual assaults he did.
That is so false. You trump haters are a funny lot.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:18 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I don't feel too badly about a family that has lived a life of luxury off the despicable behavior of their husband/father. Grew up with silver spoons in their mouths, privy to a life of privilege and luxury many of us can only dream about. I'm sure they knew what was happening.

There are plenty of more families I feel sorry for in America, families that struggle to pay the bills because their parents were laid off and can't find another job, families that go hungry and become homeless because they have no money, etc. etc.
This is a super weird, super bitter, super irrelevant post.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:22 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
"Imagine how Harvey Weinstein's children must be feeling now"

If you really cared about their feelings, you wouldn't have passed along their names. They are already named in the article, but lets be sure and hammer them into everyone's head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies