Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 05:10 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,055,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Harris said, “We have been reminded racism in this country is real. Sexism, anti-Semitism are real in this country. Homophobia and transphobia are real in this country. And we must speak that truth so we can deal with it.”

She continued, “From the United States Congress to the United States census LGBT rights are under attack. Under attack by a Justice Department that now stands on the side of discrimination instead of equality.”

Dem Sen Kamala Harris: Justice Department 'Now Stands On the Side of Discrimination

How is the Justice Department supporting homophobia, sexism, and anti Semitism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 09:07 PM

18,526 posts, read 7,284,258 times
I just want to know where this crazy woman has been the last 50 years while the US government has been allowing and even forcing states and private businesses to discriminate against white people.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:33 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,632,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
forcing states and private businesses to discriminate against white people

nope, doesn't ring any bells

Old 10-30-2017, 08:33 AM

50,098 posts, read 46,680,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I just want to know where this crazy woman has been the last 50 years while the US government has been allowing and even forcing states and private businesses to discriminate against white people.
She was too busy taking away gun rights from California tax payers.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:41 AM

19 posts, read 14,914 times
There is another thread that essentially says she is guaranteed to win 2020. OK. Internet hyperbole. I live in CA. This person is insane, has no principles, and slept her way to the top with a married man.

She's insane. And I think Trump's election was not necessarily a vote for him but against all the racial hatred that Obama sowed. We saw another preview of what the party of hate is capable of during the Kavanaugh hearings.

No thanks. I have no objections to a D as president if he/she can rule somewhat moderately.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:54 AM

34,148 posts, read 18,407,299 times
It is too early to tell who the Democrats will nominate at this point, and who will gain traction in the primaries. She has a few things going for her from the Media's and Democrats' perspective.

1. She is a woman. They are obsessed with promoting women right now.

2. She is a person of color. This is less important than being a women, but also helps.

3. She is relatively attractive as politicians go.

I however believe she won't take it to the next level, because I she will say some stupid stuff down the road, and will be exposed as an empty suit. Someone will most likely emerge out of the blue later.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:48 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 24 days ago)

34,577 posts, read 16,638,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is too early to tell who the Democrats will nominate at this point, and who will gain traction in the primaries. She has a few things going for her from the Media's and Democrats' perspective.

1. She is a woman. They are obsessed with promoting women right now.

2. She is a person of color. This is less important than being a women, but also helps.

3. She is relatively attractive as politicians go.

I however believe she won't take it to the next level, because I she will say some stupid stuff down the road, and will be exposed as an empty suit. Someone will most likely emerge out of the blue later.
I agree, she's a tale of identity politics. My choice is Maxine Waters for President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies