Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 07:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Firstly the age of consent is 16 and below in many countries, secondly I am sure most people can not remember what they did when blind drunk 31 years ago.

There has been a couple of allegations but that does not make Spacey a paedophile indeed he hasn't been convicted of anything and in the past the UK Police have investigated numerous incidents relating to a number of celebrities and politicians that turned out to be fictitious.
They turned a blind eye to many that were factual also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 07:12 AM

934 posts, read 402,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

At 19-20 did I ever approach a girl of 16 in a bar? It is most certainly possible. Back then it wasn't even frowned upon for someone of 19 to be having sex with someone that was 16. Now is that the same as what Spacey is accused of doing? No it isn't BUT the point is if someone accused me of hitting on them when they were 16, I might not remember it but I'd have to say "I'm sorry, I do not remember that".

Now is it reasonable for someone to wonder if this has been a pattern with him? Sure. As I've pointed out, it was hardly uncommon in the past. Jimmy Page's girlfriend was 14. Shouldn't we be investigating him also?
20 - 16 is in no way same as 26 - 14 you said it yourself. What's your point here?

Which reminds me to add this: Rapp said he looked even younger than his age. Now, I read somewhere it makes sense in the film industry to hire kids who look younger that their age. He could act 11yo role easily. In this context, however, it's (Btw that hypothetical 16yo girl might have looked 19, which happens)

Of course that Page should be investigated and jailed. Why are you asking me that question?

Old 11-01-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Firstly the age of consent is 16 and below in many countries, secondly I am sure most people can not remember what they did when blind drunk 31 years ago.

There has been a couple of allegations but that does not make Spacey a peadophile indeed he hasn't been convicted of anything and in the past the UK Police have investigated numerous incidents relating to a number of celebrities and politicians that turned out to be fictitious.
I didn't say he's a pedophile, I said he's preying on minors (among others). In my book that is creepy enough. If pedophile deserves 4 , spacey deserves 2. But since he didn't actually rape anyone (and I don't expect such allegations to appear, it seems that his MO is to proposition minors and grope everybody else), I might be willing to reduce number of his to 1. More than enough again.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:21 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,054 times
Jeremy Pivens and Andy Dick are the latest to be accused.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
20 - 16 is in no way same as 26 - 14 you said it yourself. What's your point here?

Which reminds me to add this: Rapp said he looked even younger than his age. Now, I read somewhere it makes sense in the film industry to hire kids who look younger that their age. He could act 11yo role easily. In this context, however, it's (Btw that hypothetical 16yo girl might have looked 19, which happens)

Of course that Page should be investigated and jailed. Why are you asking me that question?
26-14 isnt THAT bad imo, its certainly not appropriate, but its not pedophilia, even by a long shot.

The real pedophile predators that need to be stopped are the one who take an interest in the very young, like toddlers, up to the tweens, that is definitely pedophilia and it is a mental disorder

Old 11-01-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
26-14 isnt THAT bad imo, its certainly not appropriate, but its not pedophilia, even by a long shot
Wrong! It’s bad. Nothing about a 26 year old trying to seduce a 14 year old is okay in any way.

Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 16 hours ago)

27,162 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
I didn't say he's a pedophile, I said he's preying on minors (among others). In my book that is creepy enough. If pedophile deserves 4 , spacey deserves 2. But since he didn't actually rape anyone (and I don't expect such allegations to appear, it seems that his MO is to proposition minors and grope everybody else), I might be willing to reduce number of his to 1. More than enough again.
In terms of age, the age of consent is 15 in Paris, 16 in London, 17 in New York and 18 in Los Angeles and California, so whether they were deemed minors depends on where the allegation occurred. Furthermore such allegations are difficult to prove especially historical allegations dating back many decades, and they are merely allegations until proven beyind reasonable doubt in a Court of Law.

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Jeremy Pivens and Andy Dick are the latest to be accused.
Andy has been accused for years. It's almost his thing.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
26-14 isnt THAT bad imo, its certainly not appropriate, but its not pedophilia, even by a long shot.

The real pedophile predators that need to be stopped are the one who take an interest in the very young, like toddlers, up to the tweens, that is definitely pedophilia and it is a mental disorder
Isn't that bad? Go and read Rapp's story, especially how he felt years after. Most 14yo would feel same or similar.

As for pedophilia definition, thank you, I am familiar with it, as can be seen in one of my posts before this one.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Andy has been accused for years. It's almost his thing.
True about Andy Dick, but he was fired from a recent film because of allegations he groped someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies