Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 01:58 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

Something is bothering me with the uranium deal. Wasn't Dmitry Medvedev the head of Russia during Obama's first term, which is when Hillary was Secretary of State? Remember Obama telling Medvedev to tell Putin that he couldn't do anything until after he was re-elected (on a hot microphone)?

I never hear Medvedev's name mentioned with regard to giving away 20% of our uranium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 02:10 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
A man named Frank Giustra Sold His mining company to a Canadian Firm called Uranium One in 2007. This is before Obama was president and before Clinton was anything but a candidate. The Russians bought a controlling stake in Uranium One in 2010. Nine federal agencies had to give approval for the export of uranium to any country outside the US. The State Dept had one vote of those 9. The vote had to be unanimous for export to proceed.

Frank Giustra donated to the Clinton foundation years before she or Obama were president or in office and well befor he sold his interests to Canada.

So any kinda weird connection you or the republican party are trying to make between the Uranium deal and Clinton or Obama is shear bogus.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:16 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Something is bothering me with the uranium deal. Wasn't Dmitry Medvedev the head of Russia during Obama's first term, which is when Hillary was Secretary of State? Remember Obama telling Medvedev to tell Putin that he couldn't do anything until after he was re-elected (on a hot microphone)?

I never hear Medvedev's name mentioned with regard to giving away 20% of our uranium.

And you never hear that there were EIGHT other federal agencies that approved the deal. They include Homeland Security, dept of Defense, Dept of Treasury, etc.

Just because you keep focusing on a very tiny subset of the spin and ignore the rest, doesn't mean there is a conspiracy here.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:14 PM

7,782 posts, read 6,396,341 times
Putin was the ventriloquist and Medvedev was the dummy who was holding the place until Putin could engineer his own return.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:

We did not give away any uranium, Period. The Russians bought some stock, as in Paper. They do not need our uranium they have plenty of their own, look it up. This all to do about Nothing, already been looked at and discounted as anything illegal or wrong. This is meant to be another distraction, just a another effort, among many, to distract from the actual events, don't get played.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:26 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:

you need better sources. the uranium story is fake news but here let me help you understand..

Quoting "gotherequickasicould" he explains clearly and all you need do is read to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Uranium One is not the scandal of the century. It's not even a scandal.

The FBI investigated allegations that American trucking companies offered bribes to Russian nuclear officials tied to the deal, but the FBI investigation wasn't over the approval process that involved nine agencies.

Brietbart editor floated the the pay-to-play accusation that Clinton Foundation received big money. But upon further examination turned out that almost all of the money came from Frank Giustra, who sold his stake in Uranium One before Clinton became SOS.

Plus, no uranium ever went to Russia or ever will go to Russia. The U.S. produces very little uranium—about 2 million pounds in 2015, and nuclear power plants import about 57 million pounds of the element every year.

The Hillary Clinton Russia Uranium One Conspiracy Theory Doesn

There was nothing to this "scandal" seven years ago and there is nothing to it now. It has been debunked countless times, including dozens of times on this forum.

Clinton and Obama are not going jail. There is no reason for Mueller to step out of the investigation.

The people pushing this bogus BS know that it is bogus BS and yet still they spread it.

How do we go on with a third of nation spreading hate and lies?

i would add, Uranium One's primary assets are NOT based in the USA, they are in Kazakhstan. They own huge Uranium deposits there, the Russian investors were not after the the US based Uranium as our is limited in volume and export , sale etc is tightly controlled. The only scandal is that Trump is directly trying obstruct justice by derailing and obfusticating

Old 10-27-2017, 08:57 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We did not give away any uranium, Period. The Russians bought some stock, as in Paper. They do not need our uranium they have plenty of their own, look it up. This all to do about Nothing, already been looked at and discounted as anything illegal or wrong. This is meant to be another distraction, just a another effort, among many, to distract from the actual events, don't get played.
The deal itself, may be perfectly fine and legal.

However -- when you start looking at the flow of money into the Clinton Foundation right around the same time the deal was getting done -- that's called pay to play corruption.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

However -- when you start looking at the flow of money into the Clinton Foundation right around the same time the deal was getting done -- that's called pay to play corruption.
And If something illegal took place I am fine with those people being charged with a crime, but so far nothing, and until some real evidence can be presented then I will withhold my opinion on the matter of guilt.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

People tying themselves in knots trying to find that Clinton dirt from a decade ago, while Trump openly conducts pay to play while in office now.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
People tying themselves in knots trying to find that Clinton dirt from a decade ago, while Trump openly conducts pay to play while in office now.
Shhhh, they are busy digging a hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies