Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 02:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
My statement about everyone having an "opinion" meant I disagree with your saying Lee should have been executed. As to what Jane fonda did..........there is just as much evidence against her as there is against Lee........... https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...t+gun&fr=yfp-t
And Jane Fonda worked for herself...and any employer would be free to use or not use her.

She was not elevated by the POTUS to be perhaps the #2 (or #1) director of policy.

Between Kelly, Ivanka, Jared, Flynn and many of these other crooks....it certainly appears Trump knows "all the best people".

We live in backward bizarro world where bad is good and good is bad. I hope that - sometime in my lifetime - we get back to being a nation with a sense of right and wrong.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:35 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And Jane Fonda worked for herself...and any employer would be free to use or not use her.

She was not elevated by the POTUS to be perhaps the #2 (or #1) director of policy.

Between Kelly, Ivanka, Jared, Flynn and many of these other crooks....it certainly appears Trump knows "all the best people".

We live in backward bizarro world where bad is good and good is bad. I hope that - sometime in my lifetime - we get back to being a nation with a sense of right and wrong.
Ivanka, Jared, Flynn I don't care for any of these people. Plus, I really don't want to see Trump's family running the country. That would be a nightmare.

In term of Gen Kelly, he has not said anything I disagree with. Say whatever you want to say about me, this is my opinion.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:37 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
This is part of his southie (South boston) roots.

He reveled himself to us when he lied about the congresswoman.

Now its easy to see his support of Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/civil-war...100134209.html
you mean that congresswoman who bragged about all she did.. yeah yeah.. that one.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Fact is most liberals don't know the meaning of good. They are in their own la la land.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:41 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Another terminally stupid lefty thread. Be euphoric in your self imposed ignorance.
No.

Euphoria in light of self evident ignorance is a pillar of Trumpism.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:50 PM

Let's see, the hate list of the left keeps growing daily.

They hate the south, 4 star generals, Trump supporters, anyone close to Trump, the Flag, The national anthem, borders, Americans, sovereignty, Nationalism, patriotism, our founding fathers, God, Christians, the Bible, the Constitution, the NRA,Right to Lifers, the wall, Capitalism, the rich, the middle class,White people, Christopher Columbus, Robert E. Lee, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson,America and its history and the list is much bigger and growing.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Let's see, the hate list of the left keeps growing daily.

They hate the south, 4 star generals, Trump supporters, anyone close to Trump, the Flag, The national anthem, borders, Americans, sovereignty, Nationalism, patriotism, our founding fathers, God, Christians, the Bible, the Constitution, the NRA,Right to Lifers, the wall, Capitalism, the rich, the middle class,White people, Christopher Columbus, Robert E. Lee, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson,America and its history and the list is much bigger and growing.
Let's see - Flynn...we KNOW he sold us out in addition to his crazy conspiracy theories.
Petraus - hmmm.....didn't he commit some kind of crime for a bit of puzzy?

I don't give a dang how many stars they have. I'd rather have an honest Sergeant than a corrupt General.
And, speaking of Generals, how did Petraeus do sitting there in the A/C of Tampa and partying every night? Did we win the conflict and leave? Isn't that their job?

The Slaveholding South is a stain on our history and everyone knows it. It's fact.
As far as borders, immigration, etc - you'll have to talk to your "right wing" libertarian friends (GOP - like the Kochs, etc.) who believe in open borders. That stuff is beyond my pay grade.

All I can say about your rant is that it proves the old maxim - "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - that is, throwing out name-calling and making up new definitions of patriotism (not paying taxes, colluding with Russians, losing wars).......is a perfect example.

The real separation in the USA is between people who know things and those who don't. People who read and those who watch TV instead. People who actually accomplish things and those who spend their spare time high or drunk.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:44 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
For Kelly to be a 4 Star General with that thought process. It will make you wonder what things he did while on active duty that may have had some effect on minorities serving.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:03 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
This is part of his southie (South boston) roots.

He reveled himself to us when he lied about the congresswoman.

Now its easy to see his support of Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/civil-war...100134209.html
Quote:
Yeah, if only we compromised and perhaps allowed them to pay a small tax on their slaves....we could, today, have 50 million slaves helping our economy.

It's a sad day when "Generals" like Kelly, Flynn and Petraus have the equiv of 4th grade educations.

Robert E Lee for example was a the son of Revolutionary War officer Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee III...
Lee was a top graduate of the United States Military Academy(West Point).....
An exceptional officer and military engineer in the United States Army for 32 years....
He distinguished himself during the Mexican–American War....
Served as Superintendent of the United States Military Academy.

Ft. Totten, in queens NY ( a active duty/reserve fort form 1857 to 1991, now only a reserve station) was designed by engineer Robert e lee , and the Officers Club on FT. Totten in Queens ,NY was designed by Robert E. Lee

When Virginia declared its secession from the Union in April 1861, Lee chose to follow his home state, despite his personal desire for the country to remain intact and an offer of a senior Union command

Lee had a great career and contributed to the USA, but people only remember him as a confederate general

==================

Abraham Lincoln repeatedly stated his war was caused by taxes only, and not by slavery,.."My policy sought only to collect the Revenue (a 40*percent federal sales tax on imports to Southern States under the Morrill Tariff Act of 1861)." reads paragraph 5 of*Lincoln's First Message to the U.S. Congress, penned July 4, 1861.

Abraham Lincoln issued the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation on September 22nd, 1862. It stipulated that if the Southern states did not cease their rebellion and start paying their taxes by January 1st, 1863, then Proclamation would go into effect. When the Confederacy did not yield, Lincoln issued the final Emancipation Proclamation on January 1st, 1863.

The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to the states in rebellion,...it only freed 31. million of the over 4 million slaves.....

Lincoln did not claim slavery was a reason even in his Emancipation Proclamations on Sept. 22, 1862, and Jan. 1, 1863.* Moreover, Lincoln's proclamations*exempted a million slaves under his control from being freed (including General U.S. Grant's four slaves) and offered the South three months to return to the Union (pay 40*percent*sales tax) and keep their slaves.* None did.* Lincoln affirmed his only reason for issuing was:* "as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said (tax) rebellion."

in his first inaugural address, Lincoln declared that he had “no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with slavery in the States where it exists.”

Lincoln declared war to collect taxes in his two presidential war proclamations against the Confederate States, on April 15 and 19th, 1861: "Whereas an insurrection against the Government of the United States has broken out and the laws of the United States for the collection of the revenue cannot be effectually executed therein."
On Dec. 25, 1860, South Carolina declared unfair taxes to be a cause of secession: "The people of the Southern States are not only taxed for the benefit of the Northern States, but after the taxes are collected, three-fourths (75%) of them are expended at the North (to subsidize Wall Street industries that elected Lincoln)."

even into the reconstruction era, which Johnson failed at miserably , the issue was taxes....all the land procured after the war, (to be given to the blacks)(which Johnson gave back to the plantation owners) would not have been able to collect taxes on for years......

the ""northern""" state of Maryland didn't abolish slavery until 1864......hmmm imagine that

Old 10-31-2017, 06:04 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:

All I can say about your rant is that it proves the old maxim - "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." -.
fascism came to American under progressive Wilson, and fascist FDR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies