Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 07:57 AM

207 posts, read 113,067 times

Advertisements

WOW JUST WOW!! Now if it was reversed you'd never here the end of it!!

Halifax music festival apologizes for ‘overt racism’ after volunteer refuses to give spot near stage to women of colour | National Post

Liberalism preaches tolerance on their terms only! Minorities are taught racism, whites are taught that they are racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 09:18 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Objecting to an overtly racist action is called "overt racism" . This is Justin Trudeau's Canada.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:21 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post

Halifax music festival apologizes for ‘overt racism’ after volunteer refuses to give spot near stage to women of colour | National Post

Liberalism preaches tolerance on their terms only! Minorities are taught racism, whites are taught that they are racist
So a single person acts out as a racist, and the official response of the festival is to acknowledge, apologize, and make sure it never happens again, and you have a problem with that?

Your post implies that they (those liberal festival promoters, I guess) are being over PC because of their actions. Are you suggesting that they should have doubled down, dispatched security, and put the person of colour to the back, where you aparently think they belong?

Seriously, what narrative are you trying to invent here, where the response was wrong? Or am I totally misreading this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Objecting to an overtly racist action is called "overt racism" . This is Justin Trudeau's Canada.
NO NO NO! Failing to object to Overt or blatant racism is called "overt racism". What you are talking about would be Trump's America.

You guys are making no sense today. You are actually calling people who object to racism as the racists? I think somebody spiked the koolaid today.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:26 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So a single person acts out as a racist, and the official response of the festival is to acknowledge, apologize, and make sure it never happens again, and you have a problem with that?

Your post implies that they (those liberal festival promoters, I guess) are being over PC because of their actions. Are you suggesting that they should have doubled down, dispatched security, and put the person of colour to the back, where you aparently think they belong?

Seriously, what narrative are you trying to invent here, where the response was wrong? Or am I totally misreading this?

NO NO NO! Failing to object to Overt or blatant racism is called "overt racism". What you are talking about would be Trump's America.

You guys are making no sense today. You are actually calling people who object to racism as the racists? I think somebody spiked the koolaid today.
WTF are you talking about? Did you even read it? The WHITE people were told to get to the back and one white photographer didn't give up her spot. Good for her, she's the racist now? Canada is lost. They are as crazy as crazy gets just like most of Europe. We are going to need a wall up north soon.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:26 AM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I guess the North was overtly racist in the Civil War for demanding the South give up its overt racism?

Old 10-31-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Satire?

Old 10-31-2017, 09:30 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Satire?
It must be, didn't make much sense to me

Old 10-31-2017, 09:31 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
WTF are you talking about? Did you even read it? The WHITE people were told to get to the back and one white photographer didn't give up her spot. Good for her, she's the racist now? Canada is lost. They are as crazy as crazy gets just like most of Europe. We are going to need a wall up north soon.
Aparently not carefully enough. I read and thought I understood it to be that one person of colour was asked to move, by a volunteer, and that they were apologizing for that. I'll re-read.

If your account is correct, then obviously my response needs to be adjusted.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Simple question, Ivan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post

Do you know which nation Halifax is in?

Old 10-31-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It must be, didn't make much sense to me
I assumed no one could be so completely wrong by accident. I was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies