Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 10:48 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
All we can do is the best we can. We cannot predict the future. Banning immigration and tourism is not an option. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Why not? Seriously, why not?

Of what benefit to the United States is it to have immigration from Third World Muslim countries? What do we gain by bringing them in? I couldn't care less about what they gain; I'm asking about what do we gain?

I have yet to hear a cogent argument about how this benefits our country, beyond the platitudes of "increasing our diversity" and whatnot. If there is a genuine reason why allowing immigration from Third World Muslim countries benefits us, I'd like to hear it.
Because tourism employs millions of Americans and brings billions of dollars into the US economy. As for immigration, we need it because it brings talent and taxpayers into the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Impossible to stop a determined person from doing this kind of act. How soon we forget about the Vegas Shooting. A Uzbeck with a beard kills people and we lose our minds. An American with a machine gun shoots 200 people and it's a blip on the radar...... If the Vegas shooter yelled Allllllaaaaaah would it have made a difference? I live here In NY. This is horrible. All of us no matter the religion condem this. We need peace.
Yeah, just a blip on your radar.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just reporting- Daily Mail

Box truck mows down pedestrians and gun shots heard.

Of course it was not a box truck, so much for the accuracy of first reports.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:51 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Because tourism employs millions of Americans and brings billions of dollars into the US economy. As for immigration, we need it because it brings talent and taxpayers into the US.
Ban assault trucks?

Require trucks to be locked in safes?
Require comprehensive background checks?
Common sense Truck laws?
Require psyche evaluation to obtain a truck?
Reduce fuel tank capacity from 30+ gallons to 5-10 gallons?
Ban fully automatic transmissions?
Ban bumpstock hitches?

Old 11-01-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Love it. Dude like this gets a green card, close relatives of mine cannot even obtain a tourist visa to visit.
Maybe it's time your relatives grow a beard the size bigger then their heads and say they're Muslims and maybe then they can get in easier.

Last edited by FC76-81; 11-01-2017 at 11:53 AM..

Old 11-01-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Was this terrorist just any idiot? Not only was he running over people with a truck while screaming Islamic extremist propaganda, but he also had a note in the vehicle indicating he was doing this in the name of ISIS.
He was also armed with a paintball gun, so he was probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:53 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
I think some creative punishment for this guy is in order. One, he gets a tattoo on his ass with Mohammed's face and a pig's body. Give his cell mates something to look at while the sodomize him every day. Put a Star Of David on one side of his face and a cross on the other. Give his cell mates something to aim at when they punch him every day for luck.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:57 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think some creative punishment for this guy is in order. One, he gets a tattoo on his ass with Mohammed's face and a pig's body. Give his cell mates something to look at while the sodomize him every day. Put a Star Of David on one side of his face and a cross on the other. Give his cell mates something to aim at when they punch him every day for luck.
LOL.....
Yupper, I'm for that.....

Old 11-01-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This guy has been here for 7 years. Trump didn't put the country he came from on the travel ban, it's a former Soviet territory. It's not the Middle East. He was radicalized in this country, not his home country.

You can put a ban on every country in the world, but that won't stop the people already here who get radicalized.
Who was president 7 years ago, to put this country on a travel ban? How do you know where this guy was when he became radicalized and when?

Old 11-01-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Love it. Dude like this gets a green card, close relatives of mine cannot even obtain a tourist visa to visit.
Why don't they just walk in? We have open borders, or so I have been told.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies