Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 08:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,901,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Enough with the animals already.
Ok, so if a 30 year old male feels like they are 3.. are they 3?

No matter how much you argue it, SCIENCE says its not true..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 08:15 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,236,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, so if a 30 year old male feels like they are 3.. are they 3?

No matter how much you argue it, SCIENCE says its not true..
It's still not the same. there really isn't much to relate this to other than what it is.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
It's still not the same. there really isn't much to relate this to other than what it is.
it absolutely is the same..

And if you cant cite ONE single similar example, then maybe its because its bull crap..

a male is a male, a female is a female, and how one FEELS, doesnt change that no more than what they look like..

Old 10-31-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
it absolutely is the same..

And if you cant cite ONE single similar example, then maybe its because its bull crap..

a male is a male, a female is a female, and how one FEELS, doesnt change that no more than what they look like..
https://www.newscientist.com/article...t-on-maleness/

Old 10-31-2017, 08:32 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,737,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This, not religion, is the root of why LGBT equality and feminism are so intimidating to conservatives. Conservatives believe men and women are expected to fill specific societal roles and deviation from those expected roles should not be tolerated. This is one of the reason that the 1950s is looked back on as a golden age among many conservatives. Men and women knew their place. Homosexuality was not tolerated and transgenderism was unheard of. It was before the feminist movement and most women stayed home while the man went to work.

In addition to being anti-LGBT and anti-feminist, conservative minded people also tend to be against people who don't conform to what is expected based on their gender. This includes people who partake in activities typically associated with the opposite gender and/or not taking part in activities expected for their gender. Examples are things like housekeeping and cooking for women and sports, cars, and hunting for men.

So why is this issue such a big deal to conservatives?

Horsefeathers.

Since you've droned on about what you think conservatives don't "tolerate," let me remind you who the intolerant ones are: liberals.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:35 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,265,072 times
I was fortunate enough to grow up in a traditional family. But my Dad was a farmer who had little time for anything else, and he didn't encourage Mom to think independently, so a lot of the "rounding out" had to come from somebody else, and in the case of my brother and myself, that somebody was a bachelor great-uncle, who had already lived with his widowed mother for thirty years when we came along -- he had also provided a similar advantage for Mom, who was one of seven children growing up in the Thirties.

"The Unc" was a schoolteacher who got his Masters and Doctorate while advancing to Supervising Principal (the top position, but only in small school districts of about 500 students or less); 1965, the year of his retirement, was the only year in which his salary exceeded $10,000; and he was gay, but unresolved to it, and fully closeted. He found outlets with a succession of men of his own age and status in life (tried hard to make them last) and probably had some of his few really good times while in grad study at NYU.

He was to live to just short of the age of 92, spending his last years in the same house he'd acquired 55 years previously, where I'd spent many happy weekends, and which I later bought from his estate. He was wise enough to cultivate a large circle of friends, but many either moved away, or he outlived them. Still, things could have turned out much worse.

But the point I seek to make here is that we aren't likely to be able to "script" our lives as much as we expect when we're younger; and the recent "discovery" of transgenderism and the promotion of new alternate lifestyles isn't always as simple as it's portrayed. I'm straight, and spent most of my own adulthood discovering and rediscovering that I was too introverted, and too much in love with personal autonomy, to sustain a relationship in most cases. It's cost me the loss of a few close friends over the years, but I learned to cultivate alternatives, (which have not had all that much to do with sexuality). And I've borrowed substantially from "the Unc's playbook" --- but as I approach the conclusion of my seventh decade, I find a lot of the same problems he had to deal with turning up, and I'm grateful for his teachings.

So what I'm seeking to pass on to people of any orientation is: "Don't expect an increase in political recognition and influence to smooth out too many of the obstacles in the most personal parts of your personal life." We all have to wrestle with these things, so don't "take anybody else's inventory".

I know this world won't change for me
The special things in life are free
I've always known, and understood
There are people I belong to -- for good

(Gino Vanelli)

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-31-2017 at 08:58 PM..

Old 10-31-2017, 08:44 PM

587 posts, read 302,799 times
oh I dunno if my dog can figure it out then a human being oughta be able to ,
I'm not gonna play crazy with anyone and people need to realize this was only more political propaganda just like the whole white privilege nonsense, They only wanted your vote Man !

Old 10-31-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
That simply means she was born with the wrong genitalia, are you seriously using one person to over ride the sex rules of billions upon billions of individuals?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
That simply means she was born with the wrong genitalia, are you seriously using one person to over ride the sex rules of billions upon billions of individuals?
You asked for an example and I gave you one. You mean HE was born with the wrong genitalia because SHE has a Y chromosome. I'm not using this case to make a definitive statement. It's another piece of the puzzle and demonstrates how little we know about this.

Experiments in human cells suggest that the mutations in CBX2 shut off a gene critical for male sexual development, called SRY.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:19 PM

25,777 posts, read 16,394,630 times
Why is it so important to you that I approve of a deviant lifestyle? I personally believe that 99% of trans people need psychological therapy. I believe gays are sinning but this is a democracy, not a theocracy. If they pay their taxes they have the right to live as they see fit in my opinion. What the heck, they don’t need my approval, why do you demand it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies