Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 10:30 AM

910 posts, read 1,080,729 times

Advertisements

There isn't a single conservative that I know that has any hatred towards gays and lesbians. There isn't a single conservative that I know that has any hatred towards minorities(most of them are minorities). What we all have a problem with is society forcing us to go along with people who have mental defects, and then having to act like it is normal. If Bill dresses as a girl today, I have to call her maam. If Bill dresses as a man the next day, I have to call him sir. When Bill is dressed as a woman, she gets to use the woman's bathroom. When Bill dresses as a man, he gets to use the men's bathroom. If Bill wants, we have to call him/her, xe. So whatever crazy azzz Bill wants, the whole dang office has to follow along, or we will loose OUR JOBS!!!!!!!!! Our company policy is crystal clear, if we violate Bill's rights, we will be written up, leading to possible removal.

If Bill would cut of Mr. Winky and become sally, no one would have a problem with it. Go live your life as Sally, just don't force me by law to go along with gender fluidity. This is what causes resentment. This is what is causing the left to become marooned, with their entire agenda disregarded because they are going along with this nonsense. I'm sorry, a child doesn't have the ability to determine if they should change their gender, and parents going along with this, and placing their children on hormonal therapy is simply outrageous.

On to the theory that conservatives have a problem with women in the workplace, or feminism. Again, no one I know has a problem with this. What we have a problem with is the constant attacks by women over non existent sexual harassment, and this theory that women disserve special protections in the workplace, because they are "equal" to men. The PC crap has gotten so bad in my office, that we are no longer allowed to complement co-workers, because it can be misunderstood as a sexual advance. We are also restricted from any physical contact, no shaking hands, no hugging. Gone are the days of telling a coworker that they look nice today, or that haircut looks good on you. I have to walk around being a prick and not interacting with my coworkers so that I don't offend anyone. You can't even talk about your kids, because you could hurt the feelings of someone who can't have children. Then people wonder why the workplace has become so cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 10:31 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,762,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
No one is talking about having children undergo hormone therapy.

See Post # 157

Old 11-01-2017, 10:39 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,578,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Because science shows us that there are two sexes, men and women. Some of these men and women, including myself, are gay, but we are still men and women. There is no such thing as a 'gender-fluid' person, and science shows us that those who believe they are of some other gender are mentally ill.

We can accept and tolerate people and treat them well, but we should not push that as an agenda, just as we should not push obesity as a way of life, as fat advocates are now doing.
You need to be banned for making sense. STOP IT! (Repped ya)

If you are trans female and can walk into a womens room and noone notices, I do NOT care what stall you crap in. Stalls are great. If you still have your junk, you are a guy and Im not going to be all rainbows and unicorns when you tell the local school that a boy wants to change clothes with my daughter for gym.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:42 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,136,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
See Post # 157
Read that one. Doesn't say anything about administering hormones to those under 18.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:45 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,762,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Read that one. Doesn't say anything about administering hormones to those under 18.

Doesn't say not to either.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:47 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,366,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So why is this issue such a big deal to conservatives?
It isn't. As a conservative, I have no issue with people living how they identify, or addressing them in accordance with their wishes.

What I do take issue with is tax payer dollars being used for elective medical procedures, or the addition of legislation specifically regarding transgender persons. We already have a litany of effective EEO laws on the books that apply to everyone. There is absolutely no need to spin an entirely new set of laws for this particular group. It is a distraction, and nothing more than an attempt paint conservatives as anti-LQBTQ. I also oppose any legislation specifically targeting the transgender community, like the "bathroom bills". Those are nothing but an attempt to pander the evangelical part of the conservative ideology.

This thread, and others like it that attempt to bait conservatives into arguments where they can labeled as homophobes, misogynists, bigots, xenophobes, etc. are threadbare. Marriage equality is the law of the land, there are tough EEO laws that protect all people, of all genders, sexual orientations, races, religions from discrimination. That is not to say that there is not still a lot of work to be done, but to hear most liberals, one would think that things are worse now than they were under segregation, or before the Civil War was fought.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:46 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,655,874 times
Quote:
This, not religion, is the root of why LGBT equality and feminism are so intimidating to conservatives. Conservatives believe men and women are expected to fill specific societal roles and deviation from those expected roles should not be tolerated. This is one of the reason that the 1950s is looked back on as a golden age among many conservatives. Men and women knew their place. Homosexuality was not tolerated and transgenderism was unheard of. It was before the feminist movement and most women stayed home while the man went to work.

In addition to being anti-LGBT and anti-feminist, conservative minded people also tend to be against people who don't conform to what is expected based on their gender. This includes people who partake in activities typically associated with the opposite gender and/or not taking part in activities expected for their gender. Examples are things like housekeeping and cooking for women and sports, cars, and hunting for men.

So why is this issue such a big deal to conservatives?

First, I'm not sure how you are able to paint with such a broad brush as to what constitutes a conservative person. We don't all fit the mold. I'm conservative but:

a)I'm not religious
b) I believe that a relationship requires equal contribution from both parties so our "place" is to co-exist together however we need to
c) I cook, clean house, I know how to sew, fix cars, fix our house, don't really get much from hunting or sports, etc....

I don't really have a stance on people's choice of partner in life. I could honestly care less of who you decide to spend your life with if it makes you happy, so long as you aren't using that as a political position to gain some sort of advantage over anyone else. This includes taking some of my tax dollars to spend on elective procedures to transform a person into another gender.

I don't believe that gender fluidism is a real thing because scientifically it is not. People are born with certain physical features that define whether or not a person is male or female. That isn't up for debate.

I can think I'm a cat all day long, but science and my dna proves that I am in fact a human being. Therefore, for me to assume that I can be anything other than that (or to assume that I am a female trapped in a male's body) is a mental condition because there is no physical characteristic that makes it true.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:52 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,655,874 times
Quote:
You should know better. Yes, the '50s had certain advantages like a strong middle class and high upward mobility. It would be great to return to that. However, if you weren't white, straight, male, and Protestant, you might as well have been a second class citizen back then.

It should be a woman's choice if she wants to be a stay at home mom. Conservatives want government policies that encourage it while disenfranchising women who do work. It's hard to believe its 2017, almost 2018, and we still have the kind of wage gap we do.
I'm sorry but this last statement is offensive and ignorant. I want my wife to be able to have the choice to work or stay home and raise our kids. That being said..... in 2017 things are expensive and if she wants to live a specific type of lifestyle that my salary will not support she will have to contribute to the household finances just as I do. If she chooses to give up some of the nicer things we have, I am all for her staying at home.

Her choice? To go to work. I'm also amazed at the wage gap that we suffer from. She makes a whopping $45,000 per year MORE than I do. Talk about inequality.

Please.... brush up on the facts prior to assuming that you know what Conservatives really want.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:57 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,376,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
First, I'm not sure how you are able to paint with such a broad brush as to what constitutes a conservative person. We don't all fit the mold. I'm conservative but:

a)I'm not religious
b) I believe that a relationship requires equal contribution from both parties so our "place" is to co-exist together however we need to
c) I cook, clean house, I know how to sew, fix cars, fix our house, don't really get much from hunting or sports, etc....

I don't really have a stance on people's choice of partner in life. I could honestly care less of who you decide to spend your life with if it makes you happy, so long as you aren't using that as a political position to gain some sort of advantage over anyone else. This includes taking some of my tax dollars to spend on elective procedures to transform a person into another gender.

I don't believe that gender fluidism is a real thing because scientifically it is not. People are born with certain physical features that define whether or not a person is male or female. That isn't up for debate.

I can think I'm a cat all day long, but science and my dna proves that I am in fact a human being. Therefore, for me to assume that I can be anything other than that (or to assume that I am a female trapped in a male's body) is a mental condition because there is no physical characteristic that makes it true.
Excellent post. Pretty much sums up my thinking as well. People want to fit people into little categories and will always freak out when free thinkers think outside the box.

Unfortunately for those on the left, when one believes in science on an issue such as the myth of gender-fluidity, they turn the tables and tell us we are ignorant for believing in science and not basing these issues on the political climate of the time.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:30 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,130,354 times
Honestly it sounds like you live in a horrible area and it's skewing your perceptions. Most conservatives are not nearly as insane as you're painting them to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies