Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 07:24 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm non religious myself, but dont feel like it hurts anything because someone believes in god. The comparison discussion would be, is society harmed because a male, wants to become female, no, not really, which is why no one really tries to stop it from happening, despite what the left believes, people just think its weird and abnormal, and even though a male, feels like a female, science says they're not and one might argue that arguing their feelings are more important than science and thus its ok to feel this way, might actually push forward a belief that its acceptable to be different and then cause massive mental issues due to depression etc because society wont accept their "change"..

The more we push forward the idea that its ok, the worse it could be on those individuals that feel different in the long run.
He has failed to scientifically establish that gender is completely binary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 07:25 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I don't think we all want to go through a bunch of studies here, but any quick Google search and you can see that the current thinking is still that gender dysphoria is still considered a mental issue.

Seems to me that any dysphagia among TG/TS stems more form contempt from mainstream society than an intrinsic dysphoria they have. Being castigated consistently by society tends to cause stress and anxiety in others, particularly if they do not deliberately service out to hurt or degrade others.

Mainstream society has a nasty habit of tightly linking abnormal / different with deserving disrespect or e c vendors discourtesy. It's been wrong about LGBT, _rong about women outside conventional roles, wrong about race, wrong about Jews and other nnon-Christians, wrong about e. & s. European immigrants, wrong about catholics, even wrong about Irish. So you'll excuse me when I say I have zero faith in mainstream definitions of noemal behavior and resspect-worthy person. With that kind of track record, how can you criticize me for.doubting ordinary average folks?

Old 10-31-2017, 07:26 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
He has failed to scientifically establish that gender is completely binary.
Have you established it? Given thousands of years of tradition and science, the burden of proof is on you.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Have you established it? Given thousands of years of tradition and science, the burden of proof is on you.
You are the one who stated it as a scientific fact. The burden falls on you.

Edit: I see you added. I see you are also going to play the part of the theist after you said you don't believe in God.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I have posted studies upon request, although I don't expect us to here. But, if you're going to push it, go ahead and post studies.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:

Edit: I see you added. I see you are also going to play the part of the theist after you said you don't believe in God.
tell me, is it a fact that men have XY chromosomes and females have XX ones?

and before you answer, dont forget the Y chromosome contain the genes needed for sperm production..

Old 10-31-2017, 07:34 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Multiple occupancy locker and shower rooms. Even the most liberal parents in the US don't want their daughters to have to change and shower in front of men. From NYC:

Quote:
"Girls from a swim team in New York City's Upper West Side are too scared to use the women's locker room at a Parks Department swimming pool. In March, a sign appeared noting that everyone has the the right to use the restroom or locker room consistent with their "gender identity or gender expression." Around the same time, the girls, who range in age from about seven to 18, became concerned after they saw a "bearded individual" in the women's changing room.

They are now using the family changing room to change in and out of their swimsuits, but it is not big enough for all 18 girls...

An employee at the center who spoke on condition of anonymity says the individual using the locker room appears to present as a man—wearing swim shorts or trunks to swim, with sideburns going down into a beard—which is partly what alarms the girls and their parents. Staff members have also been warned that asking individuals to prove their gender identity would be discriminatory. "Our hands are tied," the worker said. "We can't say anything about it."
Transgender Bathroom Laws: NYC Parents Balk and Ask, Locker/Shower Rooms Too? | Time.com

An example of what multiple occupancy open shower rooms look like in schools, park district facilities, public pool facilities, state parks, national parks, public campgrounds, etc., (locker rooms are similarly multiple occupancy) so everyone can understand the problem of facilities "choice" that requires nothing more than one's "say so" on which gender they "identify" as, which may change from day to day or even hour to hour because declaring oneself to be "transgender" is not a permanent nor irrevocable status:

https://cdn1.lockerdomecdn.com/uploa...11a62ee3_large

So, yes, as we can clearly see, an anatomical male wanting to use girls'/women's facilities (and vice versa) DOES impact others.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:

and before you answer, dont forget the Y chromosome contain the genes needed for sperm production..
They also don't seem to understand how the burden of proof works. I'm not surprised, because they have never understood that they are responsible for their own actions.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:

I posted the case of a female who had a Y chromosome in that video (I know it's an hour but it's very informative). There was also a village where girls turned into men a puberty. The point I would like to make is there is still much we don't know. I don't much trust definitive statements no matter the traditions behind them. I think it's premature to say "you're either male or female and that is that." That's the way it's been but maybe there is more to it then that. Maybe we are even still evolving.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:38 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why is forcing your beliefs on others so important to progressives?
Sometimes progressives are correct. That's why.

At any rate, conventional society spent generations forming their ideas of who a person ought too be down "different" people's throat. What a person of which gender needs to be, how to talk, dress act, carry themselves under the threat of ridicule, ostracism, or persecution. Is that your idea.of freedom? Hypocrite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies